Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Financial No Payment Confirmation??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-11, 11:51 AM
TinaNg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Financial No Payment Confirmation??

I pay about 15 different bills online every month, Lexus is the only one that does NOT provide a payment confirmation number or an email confirmation.
You really do not have any transaction proof that payment was made. Sure you can print out or save that last screen, but that’s so 80s.
If you look at the FAQ, Lexus says “ to call them on the post date if you would like to know if the payment went through or was made”.

For a company like Toyota/Lexus, this is completely unacceptable, especially a company that represents cutting edge technology and world leading innovation. Lexus please overhaul you financial website to provide the following:

1)Payment confirmation with payment confirmation via email.

2)Remaining balance amount on the loan. (Currently you only see the “original loan amount”)

3)Payment history. (Currently you have to “request one”, why.. I do not understand. Every bill I have allows this, from credit cards, mortgage, utilities. ect)

My first post, sorry if I violated any forum rules. I did attempt to search for an answer.
Old 07-21-11, 12:12 PM
votru
Lead Lap

Hmmm, very good point...............you should contact Lexus to see what they say.
Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987 or Lexus Financial Services at 1-800-874-7050.

And welcome to Club Lexus.
Old 07-21-11, 12:46 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You must not be on LFS. Because i have those features....maybe you need to sign up for paperless billing?

Whenever my bill is due i get this email..

Dear Valued Customer,

Your new billing statement is now available on lexusfinancial.com.Please login in to your LFS Account for additional information. If you would like to stop receiving e-mails when a new billing statement is available online, log in to your LFS Account, click the My Profile link, and update your preferences.

Sincerely,
Lexus Financial Services ( www.lexusfinancial.com )
Whenever I make a payment I get this email...

Dear Valued Customer,

Your pending payment has begun processing. Please login to your Toyota Financial Services Account or Lexus Financial Services Account to view the status of all your Pay Online payments.

If you would like to stop receiving emails when your pending payment has begun processing, login to your Toyota Financial Services Account or Lexus Financial Services Account, click the My Profile link, and update your preferences in the Email Notification Preferences section.

We have sent this email to you at your request.

Sincerely,
Toyota Financial Services
Lexus Financial Services
If i go to account overview, and "payoff information" it tells me the remaining balance...

(Removed my info in this pic, but it's all there)

And i can see my payment history....

You sure your going through Lexus Financial Services? lol
Old 07-21-11, 02:17 PM
TinaNg
Driver School Candidate

Okay, figured the email part out. There's a "Account Management Email" and a "LFS information email".

I did find the payment history. Needed to click on "Click Here To Schedule A Payment" to see it.
I did find remaining balance. Need to click on "Payoff Information" to see it.
Definitely not concise and easily can be on one screen.

Anyhow, I 'm reading your post. It says payment has begun processing, but it does not give you a confirmation transaction number to verify that indeed the transaction has happend and is in queue.

I have financed with Acura, Mercedes, and Infiniti. All give me a transaction confirmation number.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Your pending payment has begun processing. Please login to your Toyota Financial Services Account or Lexus Financial Services Account to view the status of all your Pay Online payments. "

Last edited by TinaNg; 07-21-11 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-21-11, 02:58 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

^ Yeah that's true, there's no confirmation number. Just have to login and keep an eye on it and make sure it goes from "scheduled" --> "processing" --> "Processed" or whatever it does. A confirmation email would be nice...lol
Old 07-21-11, 05:20 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

well if it started processing, it means they got it... so why would you want another email? i bet they send you an email if something is wrong, and not right.
Old 07-21-11, 09:54 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

I do all my banking online and I don't get any confirmations from any of my bill payers that they've received payment. Just out of curiosity, have you have a payment deducted from your account and NOT received at the other end? I've never had an issue like this so I'm not sure why you'd need/want a confirmation number. That is also so 80's IMO.
Old 07-21-11, 10:01 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
well if it started processing, it means they got it... so why would you want another email? i bet they send you an email if something is wrong, and not right.
Your right, I believe i've seen it written somewhere that you get an email if there's any issues. So i guess there's no need for a confirmation number
Old 07-22-11, 02:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Your right, I believe i've seen it written somewhere that you get an email if there's any issues. So i guess there's no need for a confirmation number
it would actually be VERY Japanese of them to send you email with every single change, but i believe their system has been designed by Americans :-)

so obviously they confirm they got it, they are processing it and it is safe to assume once they got it, they wont "un-get" it suddenly, and will email it if they do :-)
Old 07-22-11, 02:18 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

I guess unless you don't have the $$ in your account, you probably don't have to worry lol
Old 07-22-11, 02:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I guess unless you don't have the $$ in your account, you probably don't have to worry lol
well you send them money, so if you didnt send them money, they wouldnt send you confirmation of processing your money :-)