Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VIDEO: Dumb arse driver takes car to flooded waters

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-11, 02:42 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VIDEO: Dumb **** driver takes car to flooded waters

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....60257297333768

Vid is in Tagalog language.........but you get the idea

Anyways
Never mind if you fail to use common sense at that time. What's worse for me is if it is combined with such arrogance. Sometimes, if you take your car to flooded waters, then you only have yourself to blame

Here's a youtube version of this vid:
[youtube]b_Dv0As0_vQ[/youtube]

Last edited by Blackraven; 08-03-11 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-03-11, 08:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

"i shouldn't be involve" seems like he thought someone should have stopped him?
Old 08-03-11, 08:46 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Lol. I speak Tagalog, so it was funny listening to him. At one point he was saying 'Why me?' in Tagalog, in the context that why should it be his responsibility to know that the water was too deep. Dumb ***. I don't think that they have auto insurance as wide-spread in the Philippines, so he's going to be paying for his mistake for a LOOONG time. Although to own a car in the Philippines is an indicator of wealth, so he may do alright.
Old 08-03-11, 09:08 AM
Rykster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We get a lot of that here in Las Vegas. When it rains, we get a lot of flash flooding. People think they can cross or drive through and don't realize how quickly the water moves.
Old 08-03-11, 10:58 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

[youtube]b_Dv0As0_vQ[/youtube]

Lol and it says here the guy is reported to be a Summa *** Laude graduate of the country's top university and bachelor's degree in Philosophy. It's also reported that he is studying law as part of a post-graduate program.

He is smart sure..........but he definitely didn't use his superb intelligence in this situation (even just basic common sense). What's worse for me was when he tried to blame others instead of himself

http://technogra.ph/2011/08/03/video...terlogged-car/

Last edited by Blackraven; 08-03-11 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-03-11, 11:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Blackraven
He is smart sure..........but he definitely didn't use his superb intelligence in this situation (even just basic common sense). What's worse for me was when he tried to blame others instead of himself
sorry but i can't see how that can remotely be associated with smart
Old 08-03-11, 08:16 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
sorry but i can't see how that can remotely be associated with smart
Yeah.

What I meant though was that you don't need to be a Summa *** Laude or to even have a college degree to figure out something like this..........when in such situations, all you needed was common sense and some instincts.

And even if he failed to use his common sense that day, well, at least he should have had the honesty and humility to admit his mistake.

In fact, one of my classmates mentioned that his behavior brings shame to the local Filipino-Chinese community here when that guy (Christopher Lao) used arrogance to justify his stupidity.

I think the dude even wanted to blame the reporter instead of himself lol
Old 08-03-11, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh lol yup we are thinking the same
Old 08-03-11, 11:32 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The worst of it is that a car submerged deep enough that water runs inside is usually a total loss. That's because the ECC and BCM computers are usually mounted low, inside the dash or occasionally under the seat in some models. If they get wet, besides smelling like a wet dog for the rest of their lives and growing mold at a furious rate, these cars suffer electrical problems that will eventually cost the owner an arm and a leg. Most insurance companies simply total a drowned car, rather than fight over repairs for several years.

I've seen sober, well intentioned people do some pretty stupid things with their cars, but none dumber than driving through water. First, once the street is covered, you don't know how deep the water is. Manhole and construction covers tend to blow off from pressure on storm sewers, leaving gaping holes in the street your car may fall into. Walking in water over a few inches deep can get you drowned very quickly if you step into one of these open storm sewers.

I've seen vacationers drive on the beach like they were at the old Daytona Speed Week - down in the tidal zone where the sand is solid and smooth. Even worse, some people want to emulate those old TV commercials where the new convertible with the tall, tanned blonde at the wheel carves in and out of the waves, throwing up a rooster tail of spray. All of that salt and sand thrown up into the cars' vitals will turn it into a corroding heap within a year or two. Very expensive lessons are always available down where ignorance intersects stupidity.
Old 08-05-11, 05:10 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven

Lol and it says here the guy is reported to be a Summa *** Laude graduate of the country's top university and bachelor's degree in Philosophy. It's also reported that he is studying law as part of a post-graduate program.

http://technogra.ph/2011/08/03/video...terlogged-car/
Sounds like he'll do well as a lawyer then if he pursues that carrier path.
Old 08-06-11, 11:31 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Sounds like he'll do well as a lawyer then if he pursues that carrier path.
Yikes, I should be fearful if ever he gets assigned to be my lawyer. I might automatically lose in cases and judicial hearings......by default

You got admit that his trademark is amusing and hilarious. You hear stuff coming from his mouth like "Nobody informed. I should have been informed."

Haha seriously, the guy is a laughtrip
Old 08-06-11, 06:44 PM
LexusISme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahhaha.. definition of dumbazz...
Old 08-06-11, 11:24 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I used to drive those same cratered, flooded streets in Quezon City and Manila in my college days and that never happened to me. You would think that once the water goes so high, that you would just stop and back out of it. I guess he didn't take the hint when no one else was going thru that street. Driving thru flooded streets is a part of daily life in the Philippines, so he should have known better. He doesn't deserve to have a car.