Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

horrible experience at Lexus of Reno

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 09:49 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Your id should say lexusofrenosucks

Originally Posted by lexusucks
I talked to my wife and she agreed not to go back to the lexus dealer, and my main purpose now is to talk ever person that I know and post something on every lexus blog so less people will buy a lexus. Maybe if enough people do this there sells will go down enough so that they will realize that they need to put quality parts that don't wear unreasonably soon in there cars and get control of there dealers that are trying to take advantage of the soccer moms out there.
Not only is it a lexus dealer, but I hear people complain about the mb and bmw dealership in vegas also.

Since there are not that many dealership locally, they all act high and mighty vs. here in So Cal, there's competition within like a 30 min. driving distance.
In the past, I had good experiences with my local lexus dealership.
Old 08-09-11, 10:11 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Your id should say lexusofrenosucks
His experience make him hate everything relating to Lexus.....lol

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Not only is it a lexus dealer, but I hear people complain about the mb and bmw dealership in vegas also.

Since there are not that many dealership locally, they all act high and mighty vs. here in So Cal, there's competition within like a 30 min. driving distance.
In the past, I had good experiences with my local lexus dealership.
All dealers sucks in my opinion, I never go there, they can bite me

I did one minor tranny flush when I 1st got my LS and SC to fooled them into thinking I am one of those sucker that they can rip off in the long run. Then I got them to give me $30k worth of warranty claim for a bunch of new parts to make my 2 Lexus back to brand new condition, yes you read it right, it wasn't a typo........$30k......not $3k. I never go back after my warranty expired........LOL, they hate me.

So everyone that got ripped off by the dealer, don't feel bad, I got even for all you guys

lexusucks, good luck trying to change the world by trying to make people hate Lexus. You really should just stick to driving heavy duty American trucks, they are built differently. You are comparing apple to orange. Go look at a Ferrari, their timing belt only last 25k miles and is $8k to change it. You pay to play, if you don't want to pay, you can walk. No one is putting a gun to your head to make you drive a Lexus. Your wife got ripped off because she is ignorant, that's how this world works, you lose when you don't know.

Brakes are like shoes and tires, their length of life is totally determined by how you use them. You can use up a set of brand new pads and rotors in 200 miles by hot lapping on the track. But if you cruise like a Grandma, they can last 200k miles. My parent's previous Accord's original rotors lasted 180k miles, My current 85k LS430 is still on the original rotors, from how they look and feel now, I expect them to last at least 150k miles without any turning. My LS is my daily commuter bus, I cruise like a Grandma

Last edited by BNR34; 08-09-11 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-10-11, 12:06 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Here's a list of what you could do......replace the breaks.....not go to the lexus dealership.....pay for it to be replaced by the dealership....deal with it and move on. You can't compare your truck to the little lexus cause they use different parts, sur ethe pads may wear out quicker, same with the rotors to i guess, but it will stop a hell of a lot better then your truck. As to the tahoe, welcome to the world of premium automobiles, your going to get charged, if you can't afford it buy a cheaper car or do it yourself