Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Versa sedan....the cheapest bargain available?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-11, 06:56 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Stormforge
perhaps i wasn't clear with my above comment. of course a GSh is a better than a versa! 1sicklex captured exactly what i wanted to say (but didn't):

and as Gojirra99 can testify, we see alot of immigrants from asia in our city who buy brand new cars such as M3, SL, etc for their kids going straight to college or university.

link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6600814-post3552.html

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Like I said above, if you and Mike want to talk about GS Hybrids, I'll be glad to join in (hey, you know me......I'll talk about anything on four wheels) ........I just don't think that this is the thread for it.
It has nothing to do with GS hybrids. I find myself going to other sites now to talk "cars" b/c I don't want to talk about rental cars constantly. My apologies for having higher aspirations.

I'll now exit the thread. I recently rented it and again for 11k new, thats a great deal and we need more cars at this price level. For the life of me I don't understand why a VW Beetle isn't a basic a 8-12k car instead of some 20-30k lost vehicle. People need and want quirky basic transportation.

That said I was happy to get my butt out of it, didn't talk to anyone about it and I would never rent it again. Call me a ***** if you want, sorry.

And also I really disagree with your Forte comments. I've now rented two for extended times and I was VERy impressed with the EX. To me it is something to write home about.

Old 08-12-11, 01:21 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-12-11, 01:22 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ that was a joke just so everyone knows....
Old 08-13-11, 07:09 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Versa sedan as a rental car for a few days while I was in Vegas. Let's be honest here, it's definitely no luxury car by any means, but if all you're looking for is basic transportation, a lot of space and good gas mileage, then this may be the car for you. I had 4 people and luggage in the car and we all fit comfortably. For comparison, my other friend had a Dodge Caliber. The motor didn't have a whole lot of pep compared to the Versa and practically had no trunk space.

As far as gas mileage goes, I drove the car up and down the strip and to LVMS and back with 4 people in the car and ended up only having to put about $2 in gas into the car.

I could live with the crank windows, but if there were one option I would want to add, it would be power locks. It was a real pain to have to reach over to all the other 3 doors to unlock them.
Old 08-13-11, 07:51 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

IMO, these "rental car" threads are far more interesting than threads for high end cars. I want to discuss cars set in reality. I'll never be able to touch an exotic, so who cares.

Believe it or not, sub-compacts and compacts are my favorite car categories.

Keep these threads coming!
Old 08-16-11, 08:39 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
IMO, these "rental car" threads are far more interesting than threads for high end cars. I want to discuss cars set in reality. I'll never be able to touch an exotic, so who cares.

Believe it or not, sub-compacts and compacts are my favorite car categories.

Keep these threads coming!
Thanks.....I sure will.