Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan takes a shot at other automakers hit by Japan quake

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-11, 07:28 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

This is capitalism, cash is king. I don't like it either but we chose this.
Old 08-17-11, 07:48 PM
Rykster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
This is capitalism, cash is king. I don't like it either but we chose this.
He said it perfectly. It's just business.
Old 08-17-11, 08:33 PM
LexFather

Its a tactic that is clearly going at its Japanese competition. Nissan to me is hardly very Japanese, its French owned, they are going forward with using Benz parts and maybe they lost some sensitivity to Japan in this situation. We don't know exactly why they have more inventory. Quite frankly it could be they have high inventory because they did a terrible job with inventory management and have tons of cars sitting on lots. It could be because they were undesirable to people and they had more supply compared to others.

For example Infiniti executives boldly claimed they had tons of inventory and were basically not affected by the quake. You would think that would equate into increased sales but the brand continues to struggle and sell at the bottom of the luxury pack with Lincoln.

Nissan should have kept quiet on this instead of throwing stones at others in a sensitive situation. I think they have passed Honda or or near passing Honda for 2nd place here so they should just let the numbers do the talking. They have an aggressive plan for new vehicles and they should do just fine in the future.