Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Sienna Sport thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-11 | 10:59 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
If you need the space, vans are better than SUVs. They also handle better, have a lower center of gravity, and, generally are quicker. My Odyssey will show it's taillights to a new Tahoe - no problem.

A Tahoe can accept 8 boxed wheels with all it's rear seats folded. A RAV4? Maybe 4 boxed wheels. My van will accept 8 boxed wheels behind the middle seat. It also has a lower liftover height, so it's easier to load. And I can stand my classic beach cruisers upright in the back, inside the van. Try that with a cute-ute, or even a full-size SUV.

At this point, soccer moms drive SUVs, not mini vans, so the stigma is bunk.

I know I won't convert you... just making a point.

I might ditch the Ody for a Sienna at some point. Once you have a van, you won't know how you ever got along without one.
No question the vans have ton of room, I was riding in one that had a whole pool table top in it!

But again when it comes to style I am sure some will vote for the van but for us anyway, we like the style of suv's. If we need to haul stuff I have a full size pickup for lugging big stuff \ towing....

My wife was never one that felt because you had a kid you had to drive a mini-van, wear stretch pants and cut your hair short. She wants a car or truck she likes and would rather drive something she likes even if its a little harder with the kids. For her its not about the easy way out, sometimes things are worth a little more effort.....
Old 09-05-11 | 12:36 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
and whats why i prefer wagons

has plenty of room still (comparable to most of the mid size/compact SUVs) and is still fairly sporty
and gets you pretty decent MPG
S6 avant anyone?