Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Enzo on Superlight ADV.1 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-11, 03:22 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Enzo on Superlight ADV.1 wheels

Saw these and jaw hit the floor.

Im not aware of seeing any aftermarket wheels on an Enzo before. If so, probably not as visually stunning.

About a month ago we got the call from Derek at Martino Auto Concepts asking if we'd ever done an Enzo. *Obviously the answer was no, however do we have the capability to do one, yes absolutely. *A couple days later, MAC had the Enzo in the shop, wheels off the car and tech standing by for measurements. *We needed every tiny detail on the vehicle since we didn't have access to the car here in Miami or LA we needed them to provide us with all the specs in order to be able to reverse engineer the Enzo's centerlock hub setup and mounting surfaces. *We provided them with detailed drawings showing exactly what was needed and shortly after we had photos and detailed schematics from them. *At that point it was off to the races. *

With only a month to complete the set in time for their event which would debut the car, we knew this was going to be a tight one and would likely be down to the last minute. *We were right as the wheels were complete literally 1 day before the show and were overnighted to MAC along with the tires from Pirelli on a thousand dollar plus overnight Saturday delivery. *12 or so hours later, after struggling to get the massive 375's mounted, the car was complete and Cris from C3 Photography was standing by to get the shots in before the car left to the event.

The wheel setup was completely our choice so we opted to go with one of our new styles for 2012 release. *The ADV5.2SL which is a modified version of our existing ADV5.2 style, however this is the fat free version. *3 styles will be released using our superlight weight reduction process including this one shown in our 3 piece track spec configuration. *The lightweight model is vehicle specific in terms of design and load rating in order to get the lowest possible weight based on the load rating of the vehicle it's intended for. *In this case the Enzo, however without enough time to engineer them to be as light as they really could be by testing sample pieces for load rating analysis this set was beefed up for safety purposes. *We have however done so with the 1 piece version which has shown results under 18 pounds in some sizes / applications such as the Lamborghini Gallardo 18x12 race setup.

For the Enzo, we knew that only one tire was going to provide the epicness it deserved, the Pirelli 375/20/21 rear. *We contacted Jason at Pirelli tires and without hesitation he had a complete set on it's way to us, huge thanks to Pirelli Tires for coming through on this project. *The wheel was designed around the massive rear in a 21x13 size with a 20x8.5 front using their 245/30/20. *The wheel finish was our popular polished gunmetal lip / matte black center combination for this project as it's subtle yet at the same time different from what you'd normally see.

Martino Concepts did an amazing job getting this organized for us and providing all the much needed details and dimensions. *Huge thanks to Joe and Derek for the opportunity to be a part of this epic build. *Also, huge thanks to Cris from C3 Photography for being there for the shoot, and for providing some amazing photos literally hours after they were taken.

Last but not least, huge thanks to the team at ADV.1 for getting this done on time! *Tom, our engineer for working his magic, Justin for the programming epicness, Terrence and Sean for their sleepless nights trying to get the parts, machining and finishing organized and to everyone else who took part in this build.

Old 09-28-11, 03:27 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

looks better than i expected but goddamn, 8.5 front and 13 rear? with a honda civic TIRE (135mm) worth of difference in width? this thing would handle so much worse than factory, understeering like all hell.
Old 09-28-11, 03:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow this is really sexy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-11, 04:00 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.

I've always felt indifferent toward Enzos...

but wow.
Old 09-28-11, 05:55 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
looks better than i expected but goddamn, 8.5 front and 13 rear? with a honda civic TIRE (135mm) worth of difference in width? this thing would handle so much worse than factory, understeering like all hell.
Stock wheels are also that width F & R
Old 09-28-11, 06:30 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that license plate from Hawaii?
Old 09-28-11, 06:56 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

The Enzo has just started growing on me
Old 09-28-11, 07:36 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

That looks really good, wonder what it would look like on CV3's.
Old 09-28-11, 09:44 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car is like a super model. It will look good in practically anything.
Old 09-29-11, 12:12 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

gotta give it up for the engineers that got the wheels measured up and fitted.. nicely done!
Old 09-30-11, 08:01 PM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Not feeling it. It just looks off...
Old 10-01-11, 07:36 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

At 1st i read the thread title and I said to myself "why would anyone change the wheels of an Enzo?? that like messing with perfection!!!....OH, wait...WoW" lol i would have to say that actually looks better than factory AND that this is officially approved by Chuck Norris

ALSO, the Reventon that also has ADV.1 wheels looks sick as well!!
Old 10-01-11, 07:56 AM
LexFather

1. That is now one of my favorite pics/cars ever. Thank you for sharing. Magnificent.
2. The Enzo I hated when it first came out but now looks like genius. It still seems fresh and new.

Old 10-01-11, 01:15 PM
koreanguy8302
Rookie

doesn't really fit...
i still like the neez wheels...
Old 10-01-11, 01:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am very impressed with the way these wheels look on the Enzo.

Quick Reply: Enzo on Superlight ADV.1 wheels