Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

LEXUS,BMW,BENZ and AUDI

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-11 | 11:40 AM
rz1004
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEXUS,BMW,BENZ and AUDI

Hey everybody,I want to ask you a question.In USA,which brand LEXUS,BMW,BENZ and AUDI do you Americans like best?And how to sort the four brands?
In China,there is no doubt that Benz-1st,BMW-2nd,AUDI-3rd and Lexus-4th.Most of Chinese think that cars from Japan means cheap and low-end no matter it is TOYOTA,SUZUKI,or LEXUS INFINITI.Only those from Euro espically German are slap-up,even it is only a VW or SKODA.
In my opinion,Benz-1st,BMW-2nd,LEXUS-3rd and AUDI-4th.
I'd like to listen to everybody.
Old 09-30-11 | 11:46 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really? I mean....really?
Old 09-30-11 | 11:49 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

Part of that anti Japanese bias could be the fact that Japan has repeatedly tried to invade China throughout the centuries. If Canada constantly tried that, we would probably not like any of their exports.
But Japanese make GREAT cars, Germans are good, but when they break good luck!
Old 09-30-11 | 11:53 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st choice Lexus

Obviously in this forum it'd be a Lexus only .

But if you don't have any problems paying for all the maintenance bills that come along with the headache of breaking down on the side of the road once in a while , and also inferior engineering and luxury. I'd still consider you dumb for choosing other brands like Benz or Audi since you're paying a lot just for their premium. BMW though is at least good at something like drive ability compared to the other 2, plus it looks good too.
Old 09-30-11 | 11:57 AM
rz1004
Rookie

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Really? I mean....really?
Really what?I don't understand you,haha.
Old 09-30-11 | 12:10 PM
rz1004
Rookie

Originally Posted by funglenn
Part of that anti Japanese bias could be the fact that Japan has repeatedly tried to invade China throughout the centuries. If Canada constantly tried that, we would probably not like any of their exports.
But Japanese make GREAT cars, Germans are good, but when they break good luck!
You are right.Most people in China are anti Japanese,include me.But I think the dissatisfied to Japan is not the same to anti Japanese products.
Old 09-30-11 | 12:13 PM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rz1004
Really what?I don't understand you,haha.
He means obviously everyone here would choose a Lexus 1st over all the other brands you've mentioned. We like our car's reliable , luxurious and trouble free. I don't think you can use all that in one sentence for the Euro brands now , can you ?
Old 09-30-11 | 12:19 PM
rz1004
Rookie

Originally Posted by stanjohn12

But if you don't have any problems paying for all the maintenance bills that come along with the headache of breaking down on the side of the road once in a while , and also inferior engineering and luxury. I'd still consider you dumb for choosing other brands like Benz or Audi since you're paying a lot just for their premium. BMW though is at least good at something like drive ability compared to the other 2, plus it looks good too.
You know,I like Lexus,very much.Otherwise I shouldn't buy a Lexus with a higher price in a country full of Audi.Just because I believe the high quality.
Old 09-30-11 | 12:25 PM
rz1004
Rookie

He means obviously everyone here would choose a Lexus 1st over all the other brands you've mentioned. We like our car's reliable , luxurious and trouble free. I don't think you can use all that in one sentence for the Euro brands now , can you ?
I can't.And I think even European can't.I like Lexus very very much!Otherwise I shouldn't buy a Lexus in a country full of Audi with a higher price than Audi.
Old 09-30-11 | 12:39 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one of those threads that I see has no point.

This is a very opinionated question, and on a lexus forum its kinda obvious.

However if you were actually look for sales number, a quick search would have yielded the answer to which brand people in america choose the most. The answer is lexus: best selling Luxury brand in the US for 11 straight years, except for this year (most likely due to supply shortage and end of cycle refresh)
Old 09-30-11 | 12:45 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont get this thread. OP, you're on CL and you ask which car maker is the best and you rank Lexus 4th? I understand you're in China but really.?
Old 09-30-11 | 12:49 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Well, since the question is which among these brands Americans like best you can't really question which one more Americans have bought over the last several years and that's Lexus. It's not a slam-dunk by any means because Lexus, BMW and Benz usually sell in similar numbers year to year. Audi is far back in the equation.
Old 09-30-11 | 01:24 PM
rz1004
Rookie

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
I dont get this thread. OP, you're on CL and you ask which car maker is the best and you rank Lexus 4th? I understand you're in China but really.?
OK,I think you misunderstand me.First,I say that I like Lexus very much!Then,I said the four brands because in China,lots of people believe the queue I said,and I just want to know how American people think about it. but not how American Lexus owners think about it.So maybe my English is poor and I can't let you know my meaning.If I said something wrong I say sorry here.
Old 09-30-11 | 01:52 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought they like Buick in China?
Old 09-30-11 | 01:58 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Quick Reply: LEXUS,BMW,BENZ and AUDI