Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VIDEO: Cadillac pits Escalade against MB C-Class - a showcase of STUPIDITY by Caddy

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 09:17 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VIDEO: Cadillac pits Escalade against MB C-Class - a showcase of STUPIDITY by Caddy

Here's an official vid from Cadillac themselves showing how the Escalade won over an Merc C300 in a straight line.

[youtube]heSVK8s-gfo[/youtube]

Wow, we're all impressed..........NOT

Now I've heard of Apples vs. oranges with regards to automobile comparisons.........but this is just utterly stupid. It makes Caddy looks stupid.

Seriously, I can't believe that the makers of the amazing and unbelievably awesome CTS-V Sport Wagon would do something as stupid as this. Idiocy and EPIC FAIL at its best.

What was Caddy trying to prove here? That its four ton pig SUV needs 400+hp just to beat a C class? I'm also guessing that the Escalade is more expensive than the Merc its trying to outrace..........yet the materials and quality are so poopy that even a mentally handicapped ape would know which vehicle between the two is better-built.

"The New Standard of the World" my ***. In fact, I vow to myself that I wouldn't personally be caught dead driving this piece-of-poopy doopy 'garbage truck'.

There is a reason why the Escalade is considered (at least in my book) as the WORST GENERAL MOTORS VEHICLE EVER!!!

P.S.
Man, if Caddy really thinks that their piece-of-poopy doopity doo-on-wheels is so great and all, then why don't they put it up against similar class SUV with similar engine category, size and pricing (like a Merc ML class or something). Why don't they do that then...............oh yeah right, the Caddy will lose. :P

Lol, I browsed through the youtube comments and I saw this one: "This is awful. Let's put up a 228 horsepower entry level benz against a 400+ horsepower Escalade? Which is basically a tarted up Tahoe with leather and + $30k on the sticker? All you've proven is that you're out of touch, and frankly, an idiot.

So true

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-03-11 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Potty mouth
Old 10-02-11, 09:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, seriously? i drove the c300 for a week and the car was not going anywhere
Old 10-02-11, 10:29 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Haha! On a very old Top Gear episode, Jeremy did a similar race. He used I think a CLK or SLK and raced it against a souped up Range Rover... except, unlike the Caddy in this video, the Range Rover was on grass, and still beat the Merc
Old 10-02-11, 01:02 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think anyone in a C300 is looking to competitively race. If they were, they would have bought a C63 AMG or a serious performance car. The same applies to the Escalade.

These are luxury cars meant to be driven in a relaxed and elegant manor. The C300 and Escalade certainly have enough power for enjoyable everyday driving which is exactly what the average consumer out there is looking for in the first place. I just wouldn't want to pay for the frequent fill-ups the Escalade is cursed with.
Old 10-02-11, 07:39 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

That 400+ hp is great and all but the benefits are lost when a huge portion of it is used to just propel this four-ton pig.

[QUOTE=from a youtube comment]The clientèle that drives a Cadillac Escalade includes:
1) Rappers
2) Middle-aged 40 year old suburbia housewives
3) Drug dealers and gangsters
4) A 50-year-old white American male who considers golf a real men's "sport"

If you are any one of these, then the Cadillac Escalade is for you!

No self-respecting male would be caught dead driving this junk.[/QUOTE[

Though I personally love playing golf............but still, he's right. My money is better spent on that Merc C class (C300) compared to piece-of-poopy doopy dippitty poo doo Caddy Escalade.

Point is: If a car is really piece-of-poopy doo pee pong poo doo, then no matter what upgrades or enhancements you do to it or amount of bragging and exhibitioning you do, it won't do anything or mean anything.

Caddy Escalade: A piece-of-poopty poo doo poodoo poopy doopidy doo now and forever

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-03-11 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Get the idea yet to knock off the cursing? It's a violation of our TOS. Make your point without it
Old 10-02-11, 11:23 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

hmm C300 with 228 hp versus Escalade V8 with 400hp? LOL
Old 10-03-11, 12:50 AM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

it barely won.. LOL. pretty sure the new c350 will smoke it.
Old 10-03-11, 05:43 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

GL550 vs. Escalade would have absolutely destroyed it. Hell even the GL450 would put up a good fight.
Old 10-03-11, 05:57 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
hmm C300 with 228 hp versus Escalade V8 with 400hp? LOL
Yeah, what Caddy did there is similar to pitting a Ferrari against VW GOLF
Old 10-03-11, 06:42 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, chill out on dissing the 'Lade. I know a number of current and past Escalade drivers and none of them are on the list of stereotypes. Most of them are midwest males, under 40, and professionals. Every one of them has been very pleased with their vehicle. One lawyer I know changed vehicles because he felt it sent too ritzy a message to his family law clients. One of my late-20s sons seriously considered buying a used Escalade, but ended up with a Yukon Denali instead. To say it's the "Worst GM vehicle ever" indicates a lack of experience with the vast number of GM vehicles over the years that rank far higher, um lower, on that scale than the Escalade.
Old 10-03-11, 07:22 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM9hvhuwsEw

scroll to 4.00 for epic escalade review
Old 10-03-11, 07:43 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

My mom has an 06 Escalade and I can't stand that thing. The ride quality is the worst I've ever seen on any vehicle and the interior sucks. However, the 07's and up are awesome. Those are pretty nice and they look cool.

This video is pretty stupid though. Why would they pick a C300 of all cars? Why not a Range Rover, LX570, or one of the Mercedes SUV's?
Old 10-03-11, 07:57 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My Rav4 can beat it...
Old 10-03-11, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RX_330
GL550 vs. Escalade would have absolutely destroyed it. Hell even the GL450 would put up a good fight.
the escalade is that slow? the gl450 is not all that fast at all already
Old 10-03-11, 09:40 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
the escalade is that slow?
Caddy's fat pig still weighs in at more than 5,000 lbs. (more than 2000 kilograms). I bet that any Range Rover would just run circles around it.

@Och
Hah, that vid brings me memories. As what Richard Hammond says, the car is just rubbish and pretty poor (AT BEST). Hence, it's not meant to be taken seriously at all. With a car that is all bulk and ZERO function and substance, who on earth would take such a joke of an automobile seriously.

If you're looking for all full-size SUV, better spend it on something better like a Toyota Land Cruiser (LC200) or an Audi Q7 (especially that V12 diesel version) or any of the Land Rover or Range Rover SUVs or the ML or GL class SUVs from MB. Heck, even the outdated Volvo XC90 is a better buy (even in V8, V6 or even in 2.5 liter D5 diesel version)

Or if I want a full-American SUV, then the new Ford Explorer has dynamism and sophistication.

Haha man, I don't give a rat's *** if Caddy releases ESV and Platinum versions with added DVD screens and whatnot. Nothing they do will encourage me to purchase their POS suv pig.

It's a shame because Cadillac has some FANTASTIC vehicles like the CTS-V Sport Wagon and the SRX Crossover SUV (I've seen one personally during my vacation to America last year........and I really wished Caddy would launch a dealership in the Philippines due to that).

But damn, when you have gems, you also have junk and the Escalade is the worst piece of junk that I have seen in any GENERAL MOTORS vehicle.

Haha, I would really praise the heavens if General Motors ever eliminates this fat pig SUV from existence.

P.S.
I think I remember seeing a sales document for Cadillac Taiwan for the Fiscal Year 2010. It said:

CTS - 80 units
SRX - 65 units
STS - 72 units
STS-V - 20 units
DTS - 22 units
Escalade - 4 units

Escalade = MAJOR FAIL!!!

P.S.
Oh yeah, Caddy released a version with a hybrid power train. LOL, like adding something like that is gonna make this POS even better.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Cadillac pits Escalade against MB C-Class - a showcase of STUPIDITY by Caddy