Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Advice about car trade in

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11 | 12:14 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Tell them to point out to you where in the documents you signed does it say you are responsible for the tires once the car was traded in. It's exactly like selling the car private party, its sold as-is.
Old 10-27-11 | 08:39 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnnyIS25
Actually no, the stock tires has normal wear and tear of 5 month being on my car. What happen is when i traded in my car the day before they appraised it assuming that i will give them the stock wheel back which i did. So what happen is that they didnt look at the car next day to make sure, so i assume everyting was fine. We did our paper work and traded in my car for the new car. Now two weeks later they contact me stating that hey your tires are old and bald, you are going to need to pay for some new tires. I am like ummmmm nooo, they shouldnt be. I know they arent brand new, but i also know its not worn down and you cant assume i was going to give you new tires on my stock wheels. I have never said new tires are included, you just assume when i give you my stock wheels back that the tires would be in new condition.
In that case, I'll have to agree with some of the other posters here. Paperwork is done, deal's over, forget it. Unless they can produce a (legitimate) statement in writing that you agreed to pay for new stock tires, I'd just ignore it. I don't think they will try any legal action over something as trivial as a set of tires.

It will be up to you, though, if you decide to take your new car back to that dealership for service....I'm not sure I would. Some Toyota shops, BTW, will do minor service/maintenance/repairs on Lexus products (but not warranty work) for a much lower price. Toyota and Lexus shops, of course, use many of the same parts.
Old 10-27-11 | 09:27 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

If you want to be famous in their employee break room and be a strong candidate for "Putz of the month" on the dealer forums, go ahead and send them a check for $1K.
Old 10-27-11 | 10:08 AM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys! I just told them NO. Ill see what else they going to do i guess. LOL
Old 10-27-11 | 12:01 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

If they keep calling then tell them that they said somewhere that the car can fly but now it cannot so you demand money back....
Old 10-27-11 | 02:02 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
If they keep calling then tell them that they said somewhere that the car can fly but now it cannot so you demand money back....
LOL
Old 10-27-11 | 03:59 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

If they continue to bug you, take your sales agreement to your lawyer's office and have him/her review it. The lawyer may send a cease and desist letter or maybe just call the dealership's attorney. If it is a legitimate debt, they would send you an invoice or something similar rather than just call you on the phone.