Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

RX F-sport on the way....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 08:02 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
^^Might have to do with the fact the sport package was hard to find or had to be special ordered.
I would have bought the Sport version if it is available....

I say - Bring it on and I will replace it with my current '10
Old 10-27-11, 08:18 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

GoHuskers, my dealer had a 350 sport demo. That's what I used to base my decision on when I special ordered my 450h sport. They're not that similar but I'm glad I got it. I'm with you if they come out with the RX F-sport. I'll seriously consider it if hybrid is available.
Old 10-27-11, 08:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Alucard
I really don't see the average RX buyer even wanting something like this in the first place, and then you factor in the higher price point it will bring.

I hope Lexus doesn't think every single model has to cater to the sports/sporty mindset. First, they don't buy the majority of vehicles. Second, Lexus has been a success in the U.S. despite being perceived as "boring" by mainstream car magazines and the like.

LFA and IS-F = friggin awesome.

Lexus trying to be like BMW just for the sake of it = foolish.
it is just an option... i am sure lexus will not stop selling regular RX's :-)
Old 10-27-11, 08:30 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lexus is really internally enthused about F-sport. They are clearly putting a much better effort into it than L-tuned (us O.Gs remember L-tuned)
An interesting topic, Mike, but I have to agree with some of the other posters here......I don't think the RX is the right vehicle for an F-package. One does not buy an RX for corner-carving. In its current form, the RX does what it does (arguably) better then any other SUV in the industry (even other Lexus SUVs)...provide silky smoothness/refinement, a tomb-quiet drivetrain, and all-weather security.. That's what it does best....keep it that way.
Old 10-27-11, 08:33 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

I'd also like to be consulted by Lexus if they were going to come out with an RX F-sport.
Old 10-27-11, 08:34 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
An interesting topic, Mike, but I have to agree with some of the other posters here......I don't think the RX is the right vehicle for an F-package. One does not buy an RX for corner-carving. In its current form, the RX does what it does (arguably) better then any other SUV in the industry (even other Lexus SUVs)...provide silky smoothness/refinement, a tomb-quiet drivetrain, and all-weather security.. That's what it does best....keep it that way.
But the F-Sport package may not necessarily conflict with any of those qualities.
Old 10-27-11, 08:36 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

^^ Exactly, just like the performance package on the 330. That represented something like 5% of the RXs on the road.
Old 10-27-11, 08:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't see why not. at least they can make the car cosmetically look even better, which is always a plus.
Old 10-27-11, 08:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
But the F-Sport package may not necessarily conflict with any of those qualities.
Well, I'll admit I haven't test-driven this particular one. But, in most cases, witth sport-tuned packages, you can pretty-much take the prospect of a stiffer, noisier ride to the bank. BMW sport-packages, though, are some of the rare exceptions....their chassis engineers, IMO, know how to blend steering, ride-comfort, and handling better than any other company in the buisness.
Old 10-27-11, 08:57 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

This is good for those whose like RX but bored with its only styling/package/trim. After all, its still the best sellig Lexus model with over 100,000 unit sold annually (with only RX350 or RX450H). Its always good to have more option. It might not perform as the X5 / cayenne, but it will satisfy the loyal Lexus buyer.
Old 10-27-11, 09:07 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
This is good for those whose like RX but bored with its only styling/package/trim. After all, its still the best sellig Lexus model with over 100,000 unit sold annually (with only RX350 or RX450H). Its always good to have more option. It might not perform as the X5 / cayenne, but it will satisfy the loyal Lexus buyer.
indeed... RX is globally by far the best seling Lexus, and yet right now it has a lot less options than IS for instance.
Old 10-27-11, 09:42 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

That's great that Lexus is bringing in more options to the table for the RX folks. I wouldn't mind getting one...
Old 10-27-11, 10:02 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

bring it on!
RX is a hot seller, so with more options to distinguish yours from the everyone else in the parking lot.

Man, we bltch that lexus is not sporty enough, not offering enough.
And when they offer this, we're still btching

If we welcome it and it becomes successful, then the gate is open wider
It's not like we're asking for a useless vehicle like the x6/zitdx.
Old 10-27-11, 10:30 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you guys are acting like they plan to bastardize the RX line all together. Since when are OPTIONS a bad thing?

Don't like an RX F-Sport? Don't buy one.
Old 10-27-11, 10:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Some of you guys are acting like they plan to bastardize the RX line all together. Since when are OPTIONS a bad thing?

Don't like an RX F-Sport? Don't buy one.
agreed. want the car to be more welcoming? give it more options

Quick Reply: RX F-sport on the way....