Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

RX F-sport on the way....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 08:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
By next year, there will be:

CT F Sport
IS F Sport
IS F
GS F Sport
RX F Sport
LFA
...and probably, LS F-Sport.

Three years ago, there were none of those (maybe ISF had just come on the scene). Lexus' commitment to F Sport is really awesome and the RX is an important part of the big picture. When people start to recognize F Sport RX, IS, GS, etc, it creates better recognition for the F brand and leads to cars like GSF, LSF, SCF down the line.

RX wearing an F Sport badge, depending on how they do it, could be very, very good.
here in europe, they have is200d f-sport, and after seeing it, i would never get base IS200d anymore :-)
Old 10-29-11, 12:41 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, being an RX owner, it would be nice for an option as long as it doesn't make it look odd. Its quite common to be driving around OC and parking next to other identical RX's in the lot, with the difference being chrome vs alloy rims. It might be a nice refresh compared to the mass amount of standard RX's on the road today. My final opinion of the push will depend on the product when it comes out ultimately
Old 10-29-11, 10:03 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lexus is really internally enthused about F-sport. They are clearly putting a much better effort into it than L-tuned (us O.Gs remember L-tuned)
I remember L-tuned. LOL. I miss them
Old 10-29-11, 10:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Some of you guys are acting like they plan to bastardize the RX line all together. Since when are OPTIONS a bad thing?

Don't like an RX F-Sport? Don't buy one.
That's true......no one's denying that. But if Lexus is going to drop development $$$$$ into a package like that, they need to be sure that there is an adequate market for it, especially in this weak economy. And the RX, as both I and several other posters have noted, doesn't seem to be the type of vehicle that a lot of buyers would want to turn into a corner-carver. They buy it for its comfort, and seem to like it that way. In fact, just look at the RX sale- numbers without the package....it's far and away the sales-leader in its segment, and not without reason. In my area (Washington, D.C. suburbs), every time you turn around, there's one in front of you.
Old 10-30-11, 08:33 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
GoHuskers, my dealer had a 350 sport demo. That's what I used to base my decision on when I special ordered my 450h sport. They're not that similar but I'm glad I got it. I'm with you if they come out with the RX F-sport. I'll seriously consider it if hybrid is available.
I agree with you Anita, I would definitely want to test drive it and if it is that much better I would consider an RX F-sport too.