Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus IS-F Red Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11 | 08:46 PM
IronNam
Pit Crew

That's such a beautiful IS-F...
Old 11-09-11 | 08:58 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KiyomiF
HAHA so I've heard. I'm a girl though with 27" waist... I figured I would be okay getting in and out since I have a smaller frame than most guys. I want to try it out. Do you know if they are actually that comfortable? I'm not about to buy stock seats with the red leather even though it looks good. I want to go much lighter in weight.
You should fit with no issues. Now your friends on the other hand might complain. That being said I had the Bride Gias on my Supra and granted I had a coupe it was still a pita to get in and out. No question they were comfortable but after a few hours of driving is like wearing a tight shoe if you know what I mean. But they sure hold well in spirited driving.

The bolsters on the red seats look way higher than my Gias as well. Your best bet is to go to a car meet or a shop and see if anyone has those seats you can try them on and make your decision.

Do you compete in your car? I'm guessing you do have an IS, are you willing to lose the heat/cooled seats as well? I would just rather shed weight savings in other places than the front seats.
Old 11-09-11 | 10:33 PM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

If you go build an ISF on the US website, it just looks like the red interior option. I don't see what's special about this "red edition" they have in NZ.
Old 11-09-11 | 11:57 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BNR34
Of course if is just raw material, it is much less money. Labor cost much more.

I drive an ultra luxury package LS430, there is zero vinyl in my car, even the glove box door is wrapped with high quality leather
That might very well be true for the LS, and even most of the Lexus models, but it's pretty common practice for leather seats to be leather on the parts you sit on (seat, back rest, head restraint) while the sides and and bottoms are vinyl.
Old 11-10-11 | 07:09 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BNR34
YES, more pics of that new wheel! Hope it make it here someday

Found 2 more pics:

These are the standard IS F wheels in the U.S. for 2012.

(my GOD Lexus needs to fire both the graphic designer who "refreshes" new models for the updated photo galleries, and the web manager who approves such images)

Last edited by MPLexus301; 11-10-11 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-10-11 | 10:13 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
That might very well be true for the LS, and even most of the Lexus models, but it's pretty common practice for leather seats to be leather on the parts you sit on (seat, back rest, head restraint) while the sides and and bottoms are vinyl.
Yes I know, very true on entry level leather interior, I saw it on the Toyota Venza, it is vinyl on everywhere that you don't really make contact with. Make sense, have to cut cost somewhere on lower price models.
Old 11-10-11 | 10:17 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
These are the standard IS F wheels in the U.S. for 2012.

(my GOD Lexus needs to fire both the graphic designer who "refreshes" new models for the updated photo galleries, and the web manager who approves such images)
Oh man you are right!! I apologize for my ignorance, I am so happy that it is here, that wheel looks sooo good!

Now I need to decide if I want to put this wheel on my SC430
Old 11-10-11 | 10:20 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

And those wheel's width are 8.5 / 9.5
Old 11-10-11 | 11:16 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

That is just sicccck...
Old 11-10-11 | 11:21 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

looking good.
Old 11-10-11 | 12:32 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Squirrelz
If you go build an ISF on the US website, it just looks like the red interior option. I don't see what's special about this "red edition" they have in NZ.
I think its mainly the color combinations they have available that makes it so different. They don't offer the IS-F with red seats in Starlight black & Nebula Pearl Gray in the U.S. (at least not yet). Not sure how rare the IS-F is in NZ either. Maybe they don't have a red leather option on the regular IS-F? I dunno...lol either way its a bad *** looking *** car
Old 11-10-11 | 02:08 PM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I think its mainly the color combinations they have available that makes it so different. They don't offer the IS-F with red seats in Starlight black & Nebula Pearl Gray in the U.S. (at least not yet). Not sure how rare the IS-F is in NZ either. Maybe they don't have a red leather option on the regular IS-F? I dunno...lol either way its a bad *** looking *** car
They do have the Nebula Pearl Gray color, they also have Obsidian; no Starlight black. There is an option for red leather. Again, what makes it so special?
Old 11-10-11 | 03:03 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Anybody remember the Passion Black interior on the GS with the red interior accents? We didn't get that either in the US.
Old 11-10-11 | 03:41 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

the red seats may be a little too much for me, but I gotta see this in person...
Old 11-10-11 | 03:50 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Squirrelz
They do have the Nebula Pearl Gray color, they also have Obsidian; no Starlight black. There is an option for red leather. Again, what makes it so special?
Actually to correct myself, its Starlight black and Basalt Mica (dunno if its the same as Nebula Gray). But i guess the color combination and the special edition badging is enough to sell it. But it looks like the starlight + red leather interior is limited to this RED edition.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Red Edition