Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New car added to the stable :D

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-11, 09:02 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Congratulations. Amazing machines.
Old 11-21-11, 09:38 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Idk but I'm not a big fan of those wheels.
Old 11-21-11, 11:13 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The Benz CL is a dream car of mine. I am loving that you got the V12. So BIG TIME!!!!!. I see that the LS still hasn't been dropped. Are you holding off like me???
Old 11-21-11, 01:41 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The Benz CL is a dream car of mine. I am loving that you got the V12. So BIG TIME!!!!!. I see that the LS still hasn't been dropped. Are you holding off like me???
Man this was also my dream car!! I use to dream about owning a v12 benz coupe when i was a kid!!! + after driving all the variations of the available engines the v12 really stood out with it's gobbs of tq. For the LS i'm just being lazy and not finding a local place to do it. If i really get motivated enough I will try to do it this thanksgiving break.
Old 11-21-11, 02:42 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

adamls2, nice coupe and AWESOME house!!

I am just curious though, since you are going V12 already, why not a 65? They worth similar amount in the used market, you just prefer it softer over more sporty?

My friend is currently shopping for a 08' CL63 because he is scare of the V12's repair cost.

I didn't think much of the Benz CL until I was test driving the CL63 with my friend, much nicer car then I imagined!

Last edited by BNR34; 11-21-11 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-22-11, 05:32 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Very nice car! You gonna change the wheels on it too?
I dunno why but those wheels look off to me on that car. A nice set of Vossens like your LS would do
Also...in for pics of your house cuz it looks beastly from what i can tell hahah
Yeah, some people don't like the rims but they really grew on me when I was searching for them. IMHO since this is not a all out AMG car it gives it the elegant kinda classic look or something like that hahha!! vossens may be down the road, i really like the new cv-5 style they have

Originally Posted by GQD_GS4
Love that benz's styling. Ping pong table in the garage FTW
PING PONG FTW!!

Originally Posted by BNR34
adamls2, nice coupe and AWESOME house!!

I am just curious though, since you are going V12 already, why not a 65? They worth similar amount in the used market, you just prefer it softer over more sporty?

My friend is currently shopping for a 08' CL63 because he is scare of the V12's repair cost.

I didn't think much of the Benz CL until I was test driving the CL63 with my friend, much nicer car then I imagined!
1st of all thanks for the compliments my friend. To get a cl65 would be around 100k-ish and i just don't have that amount of money to spend. With the AMG's it's a bit harder to find a lighter interior (which i wanted with this car) and the only AMG I could afford (cl63) was just as equally powered as the 600. At first I thought I wanted the 63 but after driving both variations (which was hard because i'm a young dude lol) , as much as i loved the sound of the screaming v8 the v12 was more fun to drive and gave me the bigger smile + it's a good sleeper and you don't get as much of the unwanted attention by others... As for the v12's maintenance they are both about the same of what I have heard but friends have told me from their experience that the v8's tend to have more problems, (specifically with the cooling and air intake section for some reason) and the only major problem that usually comes with the CL-class is the ABC ( Active Body Control) failure which would be covered by warranty.

BTW tell your friend that he should NEVER buy a benz without extended warranty. Tell him to drive both and compare and not to be afraid of the cost's unless he is going commando on warranty 465tq is a little different than 600tq too you know

Also, a really nice thing that I found in terms of aftermarket tuning and what not it is really easy to mod the 600 with such companies as Renntech to around 625hp and 745tq for under 5k ( also, my local dealer is a dealer to do this so it wouldn't avoid warranty ) Keep in mind this would not be able to be accomplished with the 63 N/A platform.

Then again it comes down to personal preference and function of intended use.

Also, thanks for all the love!!
Old 11-22-11, 09:11 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamls2
1st of all thanks for the compliments my friend.
I tell it like I see it

Thank you very much for the very nice reply, I really appreciate that. I agreed with all of your points and they are all completely valid!

To get a cl65 would be around 100k-ish and i just don't have that amount of money to spend.
Thought they are similarly price in the used market, I could be wrong.

With the AMG's it's a bit harder to find a lighter interior (which i wanted with this car)
Yes they all got black interior. I personally prefer lighter interior also.

and the only AMG I could afford (cl63) was just as equally powered as the 600.
Equal power but the 600 got WAY more torque.

At first I thought I wanted the 63 but after driving both variations (which was hard because i'm a young dude lol) , as much as i loved the sound of the screaming v8 the v12 was more fun to drive and gave me the bigger smile + it's a good sleeper and you don't get as much of the unwanted attention by others... As for the v12's maintenance they are both about the same of what I have heard but friends have told me from their experience that the v8's tend to have more problems, (specifically with the cooling and air intake section for some reason) and the only major problem that usually comes with the CL-class is the ABC ( Active Body Control) failure which would be covered by warranty.

BTW tell your friend that he should NEVER buy a benz without extended warranty. Tell him to drive both and compare and not to be afraid of the cost's unless he is going commando on warranty 465tq is a little different than 600tq too you know
He will have an extended warranty for sure, but he won't listen to me regarding the V12.

Also, a really nice thing that I found in terms of aftermarket tuning and what not it is really easy to mod the 600 with such companies as Renntech to around 625hp and 745tq for under 5k ( also, my local dealer is a dealer to do this so it wouldn't avoid warranty ) Keep in mind this would not be able to be accomplished with the 63 N/A platform.
Yes, that apply to all factory turbo car, just free up the intake / exhaust a bit then crank the boost.

Then again it comes down to personal preference and function of intended use.
That is always the most important.

I am with you, if I am shopping for a CL, it would be a boosted V12 for sure. I love that effortless relax huge torque feeling with the silky smooth V12. It is the best of all world
Old 11-22-11, 10:54 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

What a beautiful car. Congratulations. If you can change the rims, then it would make the car even more beautiful.
Old 11-22-11, 11:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

woohoo, this is fastastic man, congrats! the cl is a very nice car inside, still not a big fan of the outside, but then the v12 is masking everything else imho

i just got a "slow" s550 not long ago too, i can only imagine how much nicer yours is!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-11, 12:15 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
What a beautiful car. Congratulations. If you can change the rims, then it would make the car even more beautiful.
Not as beautiful as you LOLOLOL I'm not sure these rims are really growing on me but definitly some possibilities though. I wish it had the same bolt pattern as my LS so i could switch the wheels up
Originally Posted by rominl
woohoo, this is fastastic man, congrats! the cl is a very nice car inside, still not a big fan of the outside, but then the v12 is masking everything else imho

i just got a "slow" s550 not long ago too, i can only imagine how much nicer yours is!!!!!!!
Thanks Rom!! Yeah, the outside is very subtle The s and the cl are almost identical except in some very few ways that I was able to point out myself except for the obvious ones. Definitely a different beast than the LS though
Old 11-22-11, 12:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Not as beautiful as you LOLOLOL I'm not sure these rims are really growing on me but definitly some possibilities though. I wish it had the same bolt pattern as my LS so i could switch the wheels up

Thanks Rom!! Yeah, the outside is very subtle The s and the cl are almost identical except in some very few ways that I was able to point out myself except for the obvious ones. Definitely a different beast than the LS though
yeah the s and cl are almost identical, but i also think the cl has a few more extra touches that makes it more different than the s.

it is very different from the ls. still want to do a little comparo between the s and the ls when i have time
Old 11-22-11, 01:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

v12 = drool. I hope that I will one day drive a v12. Its the pinnacle motor
Old 11-22-11, 02:02 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Holy crap, what a collection you've got there.

I need to get into your line of work.

Old 11-22-11, 02:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

As a guy who is larger than your average bear I will always love the CL600. Its the only car I have ever driven where I have to actually move the seat up from the max rearward position. Its never happened. When you are my size you get in the car and simply move the seat back as far as it goes
Old 11-22-11, 02:54 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
it is very different from the ls. still want to do a little comparo between the s and the ls when i have time
I am looking forward to your comparo.

I haven't spend enough time in a W221 to judge for myself, and as you know I am getting increasingly interested to go to the dark side.

I spend some times recently in CL550 and CL63, and I like what I saw and felt.

Quick Reply: New car added to the stable :D