Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C&D Long Term Wrap up of the Infiniti M56S...ouch

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 07:31 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It also doesn't help that the new M has a big G look to it. I mean for that money, my car better not look like anything similiar, except maybe a Lamborghini. Infiniti's desire to be "sporty" has always resulted in "ouch, my back is hurting" sort of driving experience... and in a $60k+ vehicle, that is not acceptable.
Old 11-25-11, 07:34 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Its a shame that an M56 S ended up like this.. The last two years of the M35/45's were their best work yet.. They should have refreshed what was working for them instead of going all out and fail like this is a shame..
Old 11-25-11, 09:29 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
It also doesn't help that the new M has a big G look to it. I mean for that money, my car better not look like anything similiar, except maybe a Lamborghini. Infiniti's desire to be "sporty" has always resulted in "ouch, my back is hurting" sort of driving experience... and in a $60k+ vehicle, that is not acceptable.
That is the biggest disappointment to me about the new M is it basically looks like a larger curvier G37 sedan instead of having its own styling like the previous one did. I was very excited about the new M sedan and looking forward to it and could not have been more disappointed when I saw the pics and especially when I saw one in person. What a boring looking uninspiring car. It looks like it is more downmarket now resembling a plain G37 sedan. The interior is pretty nice but did not really do all that much for me to forget about the exterior, the powerful V8 is not enough to overcome the homely styling. To top it off it is extremely expensive and now it seems to be plagued by issues and a rough ride. The previous M sedan was a very nice highly rated car on consumer reports and it almost always did well in mag tests where the new one has almost been forgotten by now. I never see the the new ones on the road.
Old 11-26-11, 01:16 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exterior design may not be original, but all cars look like larger or smaller versions of the same make, I can't tell the difference between a 3, 5 or 7 at first glance at certain distance/angles
Old 11-26-11, 04:56 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

I prefer the older M45. I don't think I've ever seen an M56 driving around.