Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKREVIEW: 5ES (2011 Lexus ES 350) This is your Life!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-11, 10:46 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I love the lexus es. ive driven every generation, awned 3 generations in the family and plan on getting the current model when the new one comes out. save some money. Even though my es just had a 400 dollar repair done, its been veyr reliable 12 years and 173k miles and only needed to be towed once, didn't even leave me stranded it was in my driveway
Old 11-23-11, 02:04 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

If a really nice Camry is what you want, then buy the ES. To be honest, the Avalon makes a much better purchase.
Old 11-23-11, 02:26 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
If a really nice Camry is what you want, then buy the ES. To be honest, the Avalon makes a much better purchase.
I have to disagree on that one. Although the Avalon is also a great car, if your driving one it doesn't seem as luxurious as the ES does. Having driven both, i think the ES is definitely more refined in terms of luxury, quietness and comfort. I also think the ES looks much better than the Avalon does. Avalon just screams old man to me lol. IMO, Avalon is a near Luxury car, ES is a luxury car.

Either way you can't go wrong tho owning a Toyota car
Old 11-23-11, 02:34 PM
LexFather

Newb, your constant Lexus trolling and bashing has gotten old. My suggestion, quit while you are ahead.

It takes anyone with reasonable intelligence to realize the two are nothing alike inside nor with the drive. Haven driven both its clear as day. The "oh its just a nice Camry" remarks are old troll comments first used in the early 1990s and still used today by those that aren't really enthusiasts.

Everyone platform shares. You own a CT "allegedly" would you like people to say "if you want a really nice Prius buy a CT" even though they are nothing alike?

The ES has been the most successful and best selling Asian luxury sedan in history. The Avalon has its market but clearly people prefer the ES.

Old 11-23-11, 02:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Guys, knock off the personal comments please.
Old 11-23-11, 02:53 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Newb, your constant Lexus trolling and bashing has gotten old. My suggestion, quit while you are ahead.

It takes anyone with reasonable intelligence to realize the two are nothing alike inside nor with the drive. Haven driven both its clear as day. The "oh its just a nice Camry" remarks are old troll comments first used in the early 1990s and still used today by those that aren't really enthusiasts.

Everyone platform shares. You own a CT "allegedly" would you like people to say "if you want a really nice Prius buy a CT" even though they are nothing alike?

The ES has been the most successful and best selling Asian luxury sedan in history. The Avalon has its market but clearly people prefer the ES.
Not trolling, or trying to start anything. And yes my CT is a rebadged Prius.

I just think the Avalon provides more car for the money.
Old 11-23-11, 02:54 PM
LexFather

Not trolling, or trying to start anything. And yes my CT is a rebadged Prius.

I just think the Avalon provides more car for the money.
The CT is not a rebadged Prius

smh

Old 11-23-11, 02:57 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I test drove a 2007 back when they first came out. I thought the interior wasn't as good as the previous gen ES. I really thought about buying one back then, since I figure its pointless to purchase a sporty car, when I'm just going to be sitting in traffic anyway.

Hopefully they upgrade the interior on the new model thats coming out. I think the hybrid should sell like hotcakes if priced correctly.
Old 11-23-11, 03:19 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really respect the 5ES. Is any information leaked for the 6ES yet?
Old 11-23-11, 03:21 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The CT is not a rebadged Prius

smh
I agree. The CT is a totally different car. Might share engine components, but the car itself is largely different.
Old 11-23-11, 05:16 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this is what will replace my RX when it wears out, if only I could convince the wife that SUV's arent superior. =(
Old 11-26-11, 10:31 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Mike. The ES really has aged well. I remember its debut in 2006 as a 2007 and was impressed at how stylish it looked. It reminded me of the 3ES which is still my favourite ES bodystyle. It checks all the boxes for a Junior Executive vehicle.
Old 11-26-11, 02:53 PM
LexFather

Thanks guys/gals!!

Old 11-26-11, 06:48 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

What is not superb to me is the tranny, which seems to shift hard after the first gear and is good after that.
Very nice review, I know you have driven and review plenty of cars but considering your daily driver that has a CVT with extreme smoothness, do you feel you might not be the one to rate the shift quality on a car with a traditional shifting trans, obviously when it comes to shift quality you will be the one to feel and recognize it more
Old 11-26-11, 08:51 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Nice well thought out review.

Whats next? The ES hybrid is coming and dealers seem really hyper about the looks of the next model.

Farewell 5th generation ES (5ES).
An ES hybrid should have been sold a long long time ago.

Quick Reply: 1SICKREVIEW: 5ES (2011 Lexus ES 350) This is your Life!