Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar's jungle looks awfully inviting in new ad

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-11, 11:10 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Jaguar's jungle looks awfully inviting in new ad

Jaguar's jungle looks awfully inviting in new ad

There are plenty of attributes we associate with Jaguar. Luxurious, powerful and attractive all spring readily to mind, but we're not sure we'd tie the world "playful" to the brand. Jaguar seems to think otherwise, and has released a new ad showing three of its most sultry models frolicking about in jungles both natural and urban. The spot ends with the tagline "Welcome To Our Jungle," though Axl Rose and Slash are conspicuously absent.

The XJL Supersport, XFR and XKR-S all share some time on screen set to a little Spanish guitar and the bark of delicious supercharged 5.0-liter V8 exhaust notes. The agency behind the spot, Spark44, says that the goal was to show the vehicles as animate, fun objects.

We can certainly attest to these vehicles' ability to paint a smile on your face. The ad does still seem plenty conservative, however. While there's a bit of sideways action here and there, the vehicles mostly seem constrained to speed limits and turn taking. We want to see some sibling rivalry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7WN...layer_embedded

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/01/j...ing-in-new-ad/
Old 12-01-11, 11:20 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL I mis-read the thread title thinking it said "Jaguars Jungle looks awful" LMAO

But yeah, Jaguar has a nice lineup going on and seems that they are going to be adding a baby xf and baby xk soon so that will be really appealing to see. Iv'e always said that I've wanted to go test drive the new xj sooner or later. The only major problem is the given reliability and resale value of this brand. Hope that changes because I really like their cars...
Old 12-02-11, 02:03 PM
Maxximus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
LOL I mis-read the thread title thinking it said "Jaguars Jungle looks awful" LMAO

But yeah, Jaguar has a nice lineup going on and seems that they are going to be adding a baby xf and baby xk soon so that will be really appealing to see. Iv'e always said that I've wanted to go test drive the new xj sooner or later. The only major problem is the given reliability and resale value of this brand. Hope that changes because I really like their cars...
the resale value won't change. I've had some problems with mine but I wouldn't say it's not reliable, and nothing that couldn't be fixed in less than a day. same things can happen to any car
Old 12-02-11, 03:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like the Jag stuff. They have 3 really nice cars with other great stuff on the way.
At some point, reliability becomes less important...since Lexus won't make anything affordable with this much emotion.
Old 12-02-11, 06:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I really like the Jag stuff. They have 3 really nice cars with other great stuff on the way.
At some point, reliability becomes less important...since Lexus won't make anything affordable with this much emotion.
Exactly. For the price you pay for a car/class of this caliber. It's probably safe to say you can afford the repair bills
Old 12-02-11, 07:12 PM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my new XJ and have not had any major problems in the year that I have had it. More importantly though, I am extremely impressed with the service my dealer has provided. Not that my local lexus and MB dealer are bad -- in fact they are quite good -- but the jag dealer goes above and beyond in service.

For example, took it in for annual service a few weeks ago (oil change, etc -- all free) and when I picked it up, the SA told me they noticed some slight feathering in the tires so they did a free alignment. Just went and did it because it needed it (the alignment is not included with the free maintenance Jaguar provides so the dealer picked up the tab)

I was hesitant when I first bought the car due to Jaguar's reputation but now I'd buy another car from them in a heart beat.
Old 12-03-11, 04:37 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by toyemp
I love my new XJ and have not had any major problems in the year that I have had it. More importantly though, I am extremely impressed with the service my dealer has provided. Not that my local lexus and MB dealer are bad -- in fact they are quite good -- but the jag dealer goes above and beyond in service.

For example, took it in for annual service a few weeks ago (oil change, etc -- all free) and when I picked it up, the SA told me they noticed some slight feathering in the tires so they did a free alignment. Just went and did it because it needed it (the alignment is not included with the free maintenance Jaguar provides so the dealer picked up the tab)

I was hesitant when I first bought the car due to Jaguar's reputation but now I'd buy another car from them in a heart beat.
This is wat I would expect from Lexus. JMLexus used to be that way 10 years ago but the bean counters changed the atmosphere as soon as the original owner died.
I have been leaning toward Jag....you may have just pushed me closer.
Old 12-04-11, 12:33 PM
Dlewbell
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ice350
I would agree to an extent. I cannot speak for the reliability of newer models, but my family had a 98 Vanden Plas for a little while. It was a wonderful car to drive, but it had a habit of dying while driving at 70mph on the freeway. That type of issue is not worth putting up with, no matter how nice the car. I would hope that was not common or has been fixed by now, but I'd be reluctant to risk that again.
Old 12-04-11, 12:36 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maxximus
the resale value won't change. I've had some problems with mine but I wouldn't say it's not reliable, and nothing that couldn't be fixed in less than a day. same things can happen to any car
do you have one of the new 2011 or 2012 XJ?
what has typically gone wrong?

i am very interested in the new XJ
ive heard that there are some computer problems that require updates but nothing major