Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car and Driver calls out J.D. Power IQS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-11, 05:31 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
what does '85%' mean though?

so i guess if an 'average' vehicle has 100 problems, a cayenne has 185 problems?

or much more likely if an average vehicle has 2 problems, a cayenne has 3.7 problems, or 1.7 more problems than average. is that a big deal on a vehicle made in such small numbers or so much sophisticated than an average vehicle? i don't think so. so what's the average vehicle there, a sedan, a mainstream suv? comparing those to a cayenne is STUPID, but again, it makes CR seem like it's doing something important pointing out to the public how the world-renowned porsche is 85% worse than average!
I guess the net of it is that based on the owner surveys it scored Well Below Average and isn't Recommended even though it did OK in their Road Test. The highest rated Luxury SUV for Predicted Reliabilty was the Infiniti QX56.
Old 12-06-11, 05:56 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
IQS is 90 day customer satisfaction survey... not 3 year reliability one.

So if customers are not satisfied with their MyTouch, then yes, it will show.

MyTouch freezing and rebooting which in turns disabled your A/C (and in some cases, starts blowing cold air at top speed until it is rebooted), is IMHO larger issue than inherent low speed jerkiness of powershift.
This

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Car and Driver has no business criticizing anyone's methodologies. They stick Honda models in their annual top 10 issue no matter how terrible the car actually is, only because it is a Honda. I remember when C&D was a good magazine, about 30 years ago.
I had to LOL at this, and totally agree. ...Or when the 330i had complete electronic failure, yet still won their entry level luxury sport sedan comparison a few years ago.

Out of curiosity, what makes Ford so special that C&D decided to go after J.D. Power? Where was C&D (or any of the automotive media) when Toyota was wrongfully accused of unintended acceleration? Shut up, stop worrying about other group's methodology, and keep writing nice toilet paper.
Old 12-06-11, 06:35 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
This

I had to LOL at this, and totally agree. ...Or when the 330i had complete electronic failure, yet still won their entry level luxury sport sedan comparison a few years ago.

Out of curiosity, what makes Ford so special that C&D decided to go after J.D. Power? Where was C&D (or any of the automotive media) when Toyota was wrongfully accused of unintended acceleration? Shut up, stop worrying about other group's methodology, and keep writing nice toilet paper.
FWIW, C&D had a couple of good articles and editorials debunking the whole unintended acceleration fiasco long before it resolved itself.
Old 12-07-11, 06:36 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I guess the net of it is that based on the owner surveys it scored Well Below Average and isn't Recommended even though it did OK in their Road Test. The highest rated Luxury SUV for Predicted Reliabilty was the Infiniti QX56.
if average car A has 1 complaint and car B has 2 complaints, saying car B is 100% worse than average might be technically true, but since most are math-challenged, it's a distorted way to present things, but good for grabbing headlines.