Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus: Wait until next year 4 sedans, 1st Super Bowl ad are in the works

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-11, 02:57 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I really don't see what you guys see when it comes to the 4GS.

All I can say is maybe my view will change. My point is this. It took me a long time to like the 3GS. Now it's taking a long time to like the 4GS. I didn't have the same reaction to none of the other mid-size luxury cars. I'm not in love with the 5, E nor A6 but neither of them repulsed me the way the 4GS does.

Thankfully, I don't really have to like it. There are so many other cars out there. The great thing about Lexus is it caused the other brands to step up the reliability to compete. Now I feel safe going elsewhere....if I have to.
What I see in the new GS is style and presence. It looks the part with the front end.

As for inside, Lexus has made what is close to Lexus "masterpiece" inside. The interior finally has style and design which was lacking in the last gen.
Old 12-16-11, 03:21 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hope Toyota and Lexus make the critics eat crow for 2012. Lord knows the Big T really needs to hit a grand slam.
Old 12-16-11, 03:39 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. Burns

]
S T U N N I N G

One of the most masculine and aggressive looking Lexus in recent times.
Old 12-17-11, 02:43 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
S T U N N I N G

One of the most masculine and aggressive looking Lexus in recent times.
The hybrid looks just as menacing in motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E75p0IOICfY

The design and grill have grown on me quite a bit. The 4GS and Audi A6 are the only cars in this segment that do anything for me design wise. The 5er is pure and well executed but rather emotionless. The E-class is appliance like.
Old 12-17-11, 03:34 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I agree about the GS. I just hope and pray that the IS and LS don't get the Toyota Avalon and Corolla treatment which was a refresh which Toyota called a redesign.

That is what scares me when the article mentions "reworked" and the "redesigned"
The recently updated Avalon was just a temporary measure, the fully redesigned Avalon will debut next year as well, and is currently one of the most highly anticipated launches within the company.
Old 12-19-11, 05:25 AM
braunfels
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting to see what the next LS model will be. If it's just a rework of the LS 460, I'll be looking at the German competition.
Old 01-03-12, 08:44 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Yay, a Singaporean (or rather a fellow South East Asian).

Anyways, how much will COE (Certificate of Entitlement) be for the Lexus GS in Singapore? Also, I heard Lexus Singapore/Borneo Motors is already accepting reservations as early as now?

Will they only bring the GS250 for you guys?

Thanks

Hi! Sorry I just noticed your post.

To answer your first question, COE for December 2011 was $70,003 SGD for >1,600 cc category and $71,000 for open category.

I checked and Borneo Motors will bring in GS250,GS350 and GS450h. There will be 3 trims for the nonhybrid models : Luxury(equivalent to US Premium Package, Superluxury(equivalent to US Luxury Package) and F-sport(same as US).

A few details : Mark Levinson is included in the Superluxury and F-sport package. The F-sport package for the GS250 is mainly bodykit/interior only and does not include rear wheel steering. Not sure whether suspension is upgraded for the GS250 F-sport. The GS350 gets the full F-sport upgrades if the F-sport package is chosen. Details of the GS450h is not yet out when I visited the showroon about 3 weeks ago. And yes, BM is accepting refundable reservations with early bird discounts.