Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

-->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-12 | 01:10 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So let us get this right. B/C of this one example, shared on the internet, where we don't know the other side of the story is why Lexus days at being #1 at customer service is gone and they are like BMW/Benz of the 1980s?

One car, one thread?

There have always been upset customers at Lexus and bad experiences. This is one of them. To completely write them off based on one story in the internet is really jumping to conclusions rarely seen.

It is very unfortunate what the owner is going through and I believe he said his days with a Toyota product are done. Lexus is aware of the issue, surely aware of this thread and surely with all their experience with customer satisfaction has maybe written this experience off as one they can't recover from. This is just a bad experience, for everyone involved. I feel bad the OP is not satisfied and has encountered all these issues.

There are countless good news stories here on the internet and not mentioned. I think most will still bet on Lexus in regards to customer service and not against them.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECTLY SAID

To the OP As i stated earlier I feel really bad that you have encountered this. There is no such a thing as a perfect car company.
Old 02-22-12 | 06:22 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

UCrazyKid, I feel sorry that you are in this situation.

HOWEVER,

You have never posted the dealership name so we can double check to see if this is REAL. I am not saying you made up the story or anything BUT I do NOT trust people easy before knowing the other side of the story. You mentioned that the dealership is great (beside being slow) then you should praise them for their good effort since they deserve it, don't you think so?

So, if you choose not the disclose the dealership name so the CL's detectors can verify the story then I will not believe any of these, except U R just 1 Crazy Kid.
Old 02-22-12 | 08:10 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoHuskers

HOWEVER,

You have never posted the dealership name so we can double check to see if this is REAL. I am not saying you made up the story or anything BUT I do NOT trust people easy before knowing the other side of the story. You mentioned that the dealership is great (beside being slow) then you should praise them for their good effort since they deserve it, don't you think so?

So, if you choose not the disclose the dealership name so the CL's detectors can verify the story then I will not believe any of these, except U R just 1 Crazy Kid.
Wow, thats a pretty arrogant statement to say. Im sure thats exactly what the dealership wants is a bunch of people calling saying "OMGZ I READED ON THE INTERNETS THAT AN ISF BROKED, IS THIS TRUE>?>???"
Old 02-22-12 | 09:32 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
I have not posted the dealer name because overall they treated me well and continue to. Besides being slow, they did a god job repairing my vehicle. The issues I am having are with corporate.
That's understandable and courteous then and happy to hear they are taking care of it.

HOWEVER,

He did say that his dealership is taking care of him so I don't think there's a need to blast them.

I called him out also on naming that dealership, but he feels it fair for them not to get beat up.
Old 02-22-12 | 09:44 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

I have shared the dealership name with those that have politely asked via PM.

A complete stranger calling me out as a liar and that the entire situation is fabricated is incredibly insulting and completely out of line.
Old 02-22-12 | 10:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

You all are not going to believe this. The latest FAIL by Lexus.
After 26 business days of waiting for my buy back offer (I was told it would be 7-10), and 5 un-returned phone calls to my "case manager" the only point of contact I was given, I get my offer.

Are you ready for this? $32,381.

Yes, you read that right. For my car with 32,660 miles on it, 16,000 of which while I have lived with them trying to fix the problem with my car. They have offered me $10,000 below blue book value, $7,000 below what I could walk into any dealer and get on trade in for it.

I am not even kidding. After months of waiting for them to make a decision and a month more to get there offer and it is a complete joke that no one would ever take.

Lexus is forcing this to go to court. They have no customer service. I am done with Toyota Motors and their products.
Just for clarification, did you buy this car certified pre owned or used private party?
Old 02-22-12 | 12:59 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Private party pre-owned at 8,000miles.
Old 02-22-12 | 01:17 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

I was at Lexus the other day shopping for an RX with my sister and I stand by my word when I say that their customer service beat Audi and Mercedes that same day. The difference was night and day. Truly unfortunate for the OP to have to go through this. I am sure in time this will all be gone with the wind. For the time being though, it is a nail biter.
Old 02-22-12 | 02:23 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

A complete stranger calling me out as a liar and that the entire situation is fabricated is incredibly insulting and completely out of line.
UCrazyKid,

I don't call you a liar or your story is untrue, I just want to find out the other side of the story. Is there something hidden that we don't know. We now know that you bought it Used Privately at 8k miles. is there something not right that caused the previous owner to sell it at 8k miles? We don't know and you did not tell us (well, you are not obligated to tell us anything though....).

This is a big job to fix your ISF so if the dealer got it done right, you should give them credits for doing that. This is why we want to know the dealer name, not to blast them but to praise them instead.

Again, I feel sorry that you have to go through this.
Old 02-22-12 | 02:51 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 100000

Please keep the conversation polite, we do not need any callouts and if you have questions PM seems like the best way to handle that.
Old 03-14-12 | 08:55 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Wow, thats a pretty arrogant statement to say. Im sure thats exactly what the dealership wants is a bunch of people calling saying "OMGZ I READED ON THE INTERNETS THAT AN ISF BROKED, IS THIS TRUE>?>???"
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I put this in my sig, kikcaffine?
Old 03-14-12 | 09:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

HOWEVER,

Are you kidding !?! Why on earth would anyone just make up something like this ?? He is here for advice and support. Give the guy some credit and be positive.

Old 03-14-12 | 11:17 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

UCrazyKid,

I don't call you a liar or your story is untrue, I just want to find out the other side of the story. Is there something hidden that we don't know. We now know that you bought it Used Privately at 8k miles. is there something not right that caused the previous owner to sell it at 8k miles? We don't know and you did not tell us (well, you are not obligated to tell us anything though....).

This is a big job to fix your ISF so if the dealer got it done right, you should give them credits for doing that. This is why we want to know the dealer name, not to blast them but to praise them instead.

Again, I feel sorry that you have to go through this.
Why does it matter if he shares the dealer name or not? Whether you want to praise them or call them up and find out "their side of the story"

Like you even said, he's not obligated to tell us anything.

Leave it at that

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
LMAO
Old 03-15-12 | 08:07 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I agree one bad situation does not mean the car company has horrible costumer service.

When I owned my IS back in 06/07. I had a $750 voucher off the purchase of a new Lexus Vehicle. When I bought my IS I forgot to use this voucher. 3 months later I realized I forgot so I called up Lexus and they sent me a $750 check in the mail. For me Lexus NA has been great to me.
Old 03-15-12 | 01:49 PM
BMWM2ISF
Driver School Candidate

I'm the guy that started the thread about the C-63 that needed major repair work. Although I sympathize with your story and feel that you could have been treated fairly better, I still feel that Lexus customer satisfaction and dealer assistance is far better than the Mercedes, only so far as taking care of things that should be compensated to the customer. It is not through science or poll's, but thru a consensus of folks who often say that Mercedes has more problems per 100 vehicles than Lexus has.

I beleive that this is an isolated incodent, and although could happen to any one of us, the possiblility of outcomes can differ dramatically.

Quick Reply: -->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---