Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

-->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-12, 11:04 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *Batman*
I think Lexus is really failing here. I can't imagine what would happen if Autoblog did a story on this.

There was a guy on the BMW board who had an engine problem the week before Christmas. BMW authorized a whole engine replacement (Long-block) and expedited the engine shipping. In 2.5 weeks the guy was back on the road with a brand new engine. Plus they shipped original engine back to BMW for diagnosis of what went wrong.
I agree, this story needs to be read by more consumers.

Have you thought of contacting the local news stations, they often have consumer departments that may want to do a story on this. Often corporations will not do anything unless they can see cost verses payoff in it, and bad press has a lot of cost associated with it.

BTW, if anyone is a member of other forums or blogs, it would be a good idea to link this story and spread it around. Remember this is something that could happen to any of us and Lexus needs to be held accountable.

Last edited by hwy1isf; 01-06-12 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-06-12, 11:52 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by hwy1isf

Have you thought of contacting the local news stations, they often have consumer departments that may want to do a story on this. Often corporations will not do anything unless they can see cost verses payoff in it, and bad press has a lot of cost associated with it.

BTW, if anyone is a member of other forums or blogs, it would be a good idea to link this story and spread it around. Remember this is something that could happen to any of us and Lexus needs to be held accountable.
I contacted the local "7 on your side" TV department, they were not interested.

Oh, yea, today is number 115.

The more time that passes the more I am disgusted. I did everything right, had the dealer do all service, no modifications, etc. followed their directions to work through the dealer and customer support. No relief. When I get the car back I will have less than 30 days of warranty left. Lexus corporate has remained silent.

I'm now shopping other brands. Regardless of product quality, if the customer service is not there, the company is crap.

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 01-06-12 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-06-12, 11:54 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid

Got to find a 'Obama Motors' liberal station.
Old 01-06-12, 12:09 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Got to find a 'Obama Motors' liberal station.
What is up with the political crap , HOW ABOUT TRYING TO HELP, by posting a link to other automotive blogs and forums you are a member of to get the word out. All automotive corps dislike bad publicity and it is often what is needed to get results.
Old 01-06-12, 12:29 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

What is up with the political crap , HOW ABOUT TRYING TO HELP, by posting a link to other automotive blogs and forums you are a member of to get the word out. All automotive corps dislike bad publicity and it is often what is needed to get results.
I have 10 posts in this thread trying to help.
I guess you didn't see all the liberal media jumping all over Toyota for the accelerator issue that wasn't.
Old 01-06-12, 01:34 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Oh, yea, today is number 115.

The more time that passes the more I am disgusted. I did everything right, had the dealer do all service, no modifications, etc. followed their directions to work through the dealer and customer support. No relief. When I get the car back I will have less than 30 days of warranty left. Lexus corporate has remained silent.

I'm now shopping other brands. Regardless of product quality, if the customer service is not there, the company is crap.
i cant believe corporate is not contacting you... you need to step that up... did you get someone's number to call from this thread?
Old 01-06-12, 01:48 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

lets keep the political and personal comments out of the thread please
Old 01-06-12, 02:55 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i cant believe corporate is not contacting you... you need to step that up... did you get someone's number to call from this thread?
+1 - I just had to go through corporate recently and they were nothing short of amazing to me. Granted my issue was not as major as yours is.
Old 01-06-12, 03:11 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
I have called the 800 number at least 7 times. I have the name and number of a person supposedly following my case in the legal department that just tells me, "things are in progress" "your case is already fast tracked". No one offers a solution NOW, just a sit tight message without even offering possible out comes. I'm still in the dark.

I emailed my entire case to the VP of customer satisfaction (Vaughn Wendelstadt) on Wed, he read it on thurs. AM (by email confirmation) and have received no reply. I have called half the people noted in the this thread from their Linkedin profiles or from others previous experiences and have yet to receive a call back.

I have no idea why I am being treated this way.
Old 01-06-12, 04:41 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

On the other hand, there are plenty of stories - including on this forum - of excellent customer service on behalf of Lexus and its dealers. Which means more or is it even supposed to mean anything at all? I would lean towards the latter, because all we're trying to do here is find a solution. None of us independently can know what exactly has transpired in this case, so it is probably best not to recklessly suggest that Lexus is somehow conspiring to ignore the OP or treating this case in bad faith, especially by accusing Lexus of only wanting to find a cheap way out.

The only point of attempting to "spread the story" is to get Lexus to act. But in this thread we see that some of the people at Lexus who can initiate a response were contacted only yesterday. Certainly 115 days is far too long, but people who can change the situation have to be allowed to act.
Old 01-09-12, 11:09 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

any updates?, hopefully you at least have your car back.
Old 01-10-12, 11:10 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Still no car, still no decision from Lexus (told me last week they would have an offer this week), still no reply from Mr. Vaughn Wendelstadt.)
Old 01-10-12, 11:15 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Still no car, still no decision from Lexus (told me last week they would have an offer this week), still no reply from Mr. Vaughn Wendelstadt.)

There is no excuse for this whole situation to last this long and then no follow up from HQ.
Lexus HQ really dropped the ball on this matter.It's a damn shame.
What is this now?120 days and being ignored the last couple of weeks?
Old 01-10-12, 11:25 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Oh and to top things off, my wife's car was rear ended and totaled yesterday! I do not have good "car"ma.

Accident was not her fault. Driver didn't see the stopped traffic and plowed into her at ~30mph without ever getting on the brake. No emergent injuries but sore, neck, back, tailbone, possible mild concussion. Seeing the doc today to get checked out. We currently have a (another) POS rental car.

I've never seen a car that was rear ended so hard that all 4 door jambs are effected. All doors have problem open and shutting. I guess the Volvo served its purpose, to keep the passengers safe.

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 01-10-12 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-10-12, 11:33 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Oh and to top things off, my wife's car was rear ended and totaled yesterday! I do not have good "car"ma.

Hopefully she wasn't hurt and at least the accident wasn't her fault.
Looks like you'll have another vehicle to use without you owning it.

Quick Reply: -->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---