Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The most disliked cars of 2011 (Civic #1, HS, XF, & entire Infiniti divison named)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-11, 02:04 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Infiniti has an uphill battle with the price shock they are causing with most customers who walk into the showroom
Old 12-28-11, 11:54 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, I'll give it some brownie points on body-style (though its overall shape seems taken from the Mazda3 hatchback). But, IMO, it drives more like a small Toyota hybrid than a true Lexus. In fact, when I reviewed the CT (I don't know if you saw the review), I mentioned then that I thought it would have been more accurately marketed as a Toyota than a Lexus, though it (admittedly) does have some Lexus touches inside..

I guess it depends on how one defines "dull" and "boring". If you want a sport-sedan, then, yes, the HS clearly is not one. But many Lexus owners, especially the more traditional ones, are after Buick Lucerne / Cadillac DTS-style quietness and a soft ride. The HS generally doesn't deliver much along those lines either.
I see your point mmarshall but that is why the Lexus CT is doing so well, its not the traditional Lexus. I don't care about silence and road noise, I want to hear the engine accelerate, I want to hear some road noise and I want to feel the road. Also, paramount is a nicely styled, trendy looking interior that has some tech and looks good.

As for the traditional Lexus method, well the HS is nice inside but it looks boring, drives boring and is boring.
Old 12-28-11, 12:09 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
Infiniti has an uphill battle with the price shock they are causing with most customers who walk into the showroom
It seems like all the luxury brand cars are getting more and more expensive, but I do agree that it becomes more an issue for a brand like Infiniti. They have to keep in mind that they have to price a noticeable amount less than a comparable BMW/Mercedes/Lexus right now. The more expensive the cars get, the more likely consumers will stick with the traditional choices.

The M in particular seems to be priced too high. It shouldn't start at 47.7. Lexus was smart to keep the GS entry price the same for the new GS (1k below Infiniti's M), as its an uphill in this segment against the 5 series and E class.
Old 12-28-11, 02:53 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Guy Legend
It seems like all the luxury brand cars are getting more and more expensive, but I do agree that it becomes more an issue for a brand like Infiniti. They have to keep in mind that they have to price a noticeable amount less than a comparable BMW/Mercedes/Lexus right now. The more expensive the cars get, the more likely consumers will stick with the traditional choices.

The M in particular seems to be priced too high. It shouldn't start at 47.7. Lexus was smart to keep the GS entry price the same for the new GS (1k below Infiniti's M), as its an uphill in this segment against the 5 series and E class.
Lexus falls into the same category as Infiniti, people go price out a 5 or E and then run to Lexus and Infiniti and expect the japanese brand to be half off
Old 12-28-11, 04:23 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Lexus falls into the same category as Infiniti, people go price out a 5 or E and then run to Lexus and Infiniti and expect the japanese brand to be half off
I don't agree with that for one second.

Who thinks Lexus should be half off of BMW or MB? What is this? 1990?
Old 12-28-11, 04:26 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
by who? Last time I checked, November 2011, Civic was best selling car in its class.
+1

And the Infiniti G, M and QX are selling very well in their respective class too.

Maybe cars that are most disliked can also be most liked at the same time, i.e. polarizing.

Either that, or the list is purely made up from the dislikes of the editor himself.
Old 12-28-11, 05:57 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

Agree or disagree, its what it is, my buddy runs a chain of dealers, they track customers between BMW, MB, Lexus and Infiniti, they price out all 4 cars and eventually buy one, which one does not matter cause they own all 4 brands
Old 12-28-11, 07:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

That's b/c you are right and no one agrees with that statement. There are those fans trying to bunch Infiinit/Acura together with Lexusb/c they are Japanese and you cannot do that. Its simple logic. While I agree a BMW/Benz can command a higher asking price Lexus has clearly shown out of any Asian luxury brand its next in line.

Old 12-28-11, 07:06 PM
js619858
Pole Position

I like the civic! Cube should be #1.
Old 12-28-11, 07:57 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That's b/c you are right and no one agrees with that statement. There are those fans trying to bunch Infiinit/Acura together with Lexusb/c they are Japanese and you cannot do that. Its simple logic. While I agree a BMW/Benz can command a higher asking price Lexus has clearly shown out of any Asian luxury brand its next in line.
That would depend on which stats you draw that conclusion from.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6504397-post3.html
Old 12-28-11, 08:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ydooby
That would depend on which stats you draw that conclusion from.
[url]http://
I know you are new here but I've explained in the past why that isn't accurate at all and why its just one source to use.

For example did you know in 2006/2007 Lexus sold more 50k plus vehicles than Infiniti sold their entire lineup? Lexus selling a bunch of ESs for example lowers the overall number and doesn't speak to the volume of vehicles sold. This same graph has been used as some anti-Lexus propaganda here and all over the internet. One graph, old and not even updated. The graph was made up by some internet person who simply divided number of cars with some made up MSRP number on their 'hunches" and "Guesses". Did you even read the source or you just posting giant graphs?

It also is MSRP which means ZILCH when they offer the best lease deals with BMW. It means ZILCH when they have traditionally had the highest incentives with Cadillac.

I tire of repeating the same things over and over and sorely wish for a little more common sense, higher aptitude and courtesy. For instance you clearly don't read as you missed my retort here. I am going to ask you like I have asked many others before posting items, read the actual source and understand is it somewhat valid before just posting crap.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6505300-post8.html
This is part of what my LFA rant was about. This is not a source for info, its some kid that magically decided to put together a chart for a single month. You would need to go over the data for months/years to come with trends to compute the proper data.

Not to mention all this person did was literally take the MSRP of the cars, then divide it by cars sold. That is not accurate at all!

As some people here mentioned, Lexus is lowest with incentives, the Germans have huge incentives as Infiniti. THat is not measured here.

Its a moving number. Back in 2006/2007 Lexus was selling droves of 50k plus cars so the figure would be different.

Sorry but this data is really useless unless you say "this is avg ASKING price" not TRANSACTION PRICE.

Can you also re-size the graph?

Last edited by LexFather; 12-28-11 at 08:11 PM.

Old 12-29-11, 07:46 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

This list is definitely spot on. The civic has lost its way since the EK and EM1 models
Old 12-29-11, 08:53 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Not at all. I don't know what's the car culture in your area, but around here in So Cal, Lexus has the prestige and no one will think that it'll cost half the German rivals.
If they did, they must've been living under a rock or basically was never into a lexus in the first place

I got a sticker shock when I looked at the M 56 and the acura TL (out of curiousity)
They wanted that much (no, I wasn't expecting half price) ?????????
Old 12-29-11, 09:04 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I agree with many points on the list, less so others. At the end of the day, it's still only another list and no list is gospel. It is the result of sifting through a specific measure... the editor's. Personally, lists are no more than an amusement or conversation generator. Take this one for instance. What method was used to determine the "least liked" anything here, other than personal observation and assumption based on sales... there are often reasons why something doesn't sell other than being disliked. It may come down to features, content or value.

But it's fun to talk about it. It becomes something else when lists are used to prove points that we may personally want to make. For every list that supports one view there's another which supports the opposing view.
Old 12-30-11, 04:20 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Err, I'm surprised the Crossturd and the ZDX didn't make it into this list.

Also
Jaguar XF??? Wtf?!?!? I'd pick a Jag XF over any BMW 5 anyday (well maybe except the new M5 F10 )

Quick Reply: The most disliked cars of 2011 (Civic #1, HS, XF, & entire Infiniti divison named)