ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-12, 11:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
it's quite funny seeing all the replies.

when the new gs came out, a lot of people thought the car look bad / ugly.

now the new es comes out, almost all people here say the car looks handsome / beautiful.

some think people hate lexus automatically huh?

i just can't stop looking at this car. i mean, i don't see myself owning this car at all (fwd), but the car looks so good and elegant, it's just so good
not sure if you meant that other sites say that ES looks bad/ugly, hence auto hate?

I bet if I go somewhere else, ES300h will be called bland and ugly Toyota.

While it is visually stunning design. In person I bet a lot more so, because car is very smooth, so it is probably hard to appreciate all the little lines in pics.

Due to pricing in my country, and top GS450h costing crazy money due to customs/taxes ($120k-$150k, i can buy a really house at the sea for the same price AND IS200d), i would seriously consider ES300h as alternative to IS220d (future 300h).

Not only that, I think ES proves that Toyota can make visually stunning FWD vehicles. Not just Celica/Supra/FR-S but also Camry-sized cars that usually lack styling finesse when they have T on the hood.

ES is almost perfectly designed FWD sedan.

Its interior clearly defines what is true luxury and what is wannabe luxury.
Old 04-04-12, 11:59 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 04-04-12, 12:04 PM
Grod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not big on the hourglass shaped front grill.......besides that....mmmm
Old 04-04-12, 12:09 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am SOLD! Love it so much. Just wish they would offer more interior colors.
Old 04-04-12, 12:14 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i guess the 12 inch nav screen wasnt in the budget. Oh well, still an awesome ES, best looking yet.

They really moved it up class
Old 04-04-12, 12:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
not sure if you meant that other sites say that ES looks bad/ugly, hence auto hate?

I bet if I go somewhere else, ES300h will be called bland and ugly Toyota.

While it is visually stunning design. In person I bet a lot more so, because car is very smooth, so it is probably hard to appreciate all the little lines in pics.

Due to pricing in my country, and top GS450h costing crazy money due to customs/taxes ($120k-$150k, i can buy a really house at the sea for the same price AND IS200d), i would seriously consider ES300h as alternative to IS220d (future 300h).

Not only that, I think ES proves that Toyota can make visually stunning FWD vehicles. Not just Celica/Supra/FR-S but also Camry-sized cars that usually lack styling finesse when they have T on the hood.

ES is almost perfectly designed FWD sedan.

Its interior clearly defines what is true luxury and what is wannabe luxury.
i am sure some people somewhere out there will say this car is boring and ugly. you will never get all people saying positive things. just like we have plenty of people here saying that bmw and mb are boring and ugly.

but i am saying here within clublexus. i just want to make it a point that a lot of people here actually talk cars and just that -- cars. when the 4gs came out quite a few people say the car is ugly and there were a lot of talk saying amazing that all new lexus and people automatically don't like it even on clublexus. i want to say it's hardly the case.

here i am saying, the es is fantastic
Old 04-04-12, 12:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RXSF
i guess the 12 inch nav screen wasnt in the budget. Oh well, still an awesome ES, best looking yet.

They really moved it up class
makes sense when you think the es is going to be like 10k cheaper
Old 04-04-12, 12:20 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was never really sold on the 4th generation GS design. I wanted to like it, and I felt like I'd "warm up" to it if I gave it some time. I warmed up to the design a little, but overall I was still left somewhat disappointed.

This new ES is absolutely phenomenal, though. Right from the start, it strikes me as an incredibly elegant car with beautiful proportions. I have great hope for the 3rd generation IS now.
Old 04-04-12, 12:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

that's a great profile. best pic I've seen yet
Old 04-04-12, 12:24 PM
modernx
Rookie

Old 04-04-12, 12:28 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I cant believe they increased the legroom because the current ES is already cavernous compared to the GS. How is it possible that this has much better proportions, usuable space, and pretty much the same features while costing thousands less. I cant wait to get one as a loaner!
Old 04-04-12, 12:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am sure some people somewhere out there will say this car is boring and ugly. you will never get all people saying positive things. just like we have plenty of people here saying that bmw and mb are boring and ugly.

but i am saying here within clublexus. i just want to make it a point that a lot of people here actually talk cars and just that -- cars. when the 4gs came out quite a few people say the car is ugly and there were a lot of talk saying amazing that all new lexus and people automatically don't like it even on clublexus. i want to say it's hardly the case.

here i am saying, the es is fantastic
well most of the negative talk on GS was GR engine really, and its spindle grille on F-Sport is much much stronger than on ES. On ES they have spindle grille but it is not that noticable. Predator is in YOUR FACE in GS. I actually would like F-Sport version of ES as well :P, or style version at least like with RX.
Old 04-04-12, 12:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RXSF
I cant believe they increased the legroom because the current ES is already cavernous compared to the GS. How is it possible that this has much better proportions, usuable space, and pretty much the same features while costing thousands less. I cant wait to get one as a loaner!
i was telling my friend, this new es is a car i can't wait to check out at dealership
Old 04-04-12, 12:48 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats Lexus, you finally got it!
Old 04-04-12, 12:55 PM
emad2007
Driver

nice !
>>>>>>>>>

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)