Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This is the 2013 Ford Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-12, 08:58 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Ford has already delayed 2013 Fusion few months to fix quality issues :-)
guaranteed one of which is the 1.6L turbo 4
Old 07-29-12, 05:04 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, is this car even out yet? It's been long enough lol.
Old 07-29-12, 05:25 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Ford has already delayed 2013 Fusion few months to fix quality issues :-)
Kinda sad seeing all these first year problems with Ford's at a time when they have been showcasing greatly improved quality overall. Right now, the new Escape launched with problems that called for a do not drive order by Ford. Not good.

As good as American cars have become, those first year products still shouldn't be touched with a ten foot pole, sadly. When it comes to a Toyota, on the other hand, I would never hesitate to buy a first year model.
Old 09-07-12, 08:51 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Default Fusion rated at 25/37 MPG, Hybrid gets 47 MPG!!

Seriously? 47 MPG combined?! Only the Prius/Prius C beats this large hybrid. Impressive.

From Autoblog...

The EPA posted fuel economy numbers for the 2013 Ford Fusion in front-wheel-drive, all-wheel-drive and hybrid flavors,but they were quickly removed from certain parts of the FuelEconomy.gov website. Car and Driver snagged the numbers before they disappeared,however,and it makes for fine reading.

It's a toss-up nowadays as to whether an automatic or manual will get the ultimate economy,but the best numbers among the conventional Fusion powertrains are the 25 city / 37 highway miles per gallon returned by the six-speed-manual-equipped FWD Fusion with the 179-horsepower 1.6-liter EcoBoost motor. Numbers for the six-speed automatic are right behind,at 23 city / 36 highway.

Dropping nine horsepower and a turbocharger will get you price but not efficiency gains,with the 170-hp naturally-aspirated 2.5-liter four doing 22 city / 34 hwy. In the other direction,that's one small mpg away from the 22 hwy / 33 city to be had by the 237-hp 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder. Add all-wheel drive to the equation and pay a 2-mpg penalty,with the 237-hp motor doing 22 city / 31 hwy when turning all four wheels.

Of course the hybrid Fusion Energi killed it,getting 47 city and 47 hwy. That is only bested by the 2012 Toyota Prius C and Prius,ties the 2013 Ford C-MaxHybrid and beats the 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid. Among its competitors,the Fusion is in the mosh pit with the 2012 Toyota Camry's 25 city / 35 hwy,the Honda Accord's 27 city / 37 hwy and the Chevrolet Malibu's 22 city / 34 hwy,with just the sedan-surfing Nissan Altima jumping out at 27 city / 38 hwy.
Old 09-07-12, 09:37 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Seriously? 47 MPG combined?! Only the Prius/Prius C beats this large hybrid. Impressive.

From Autoblog...

Did Ford wait for Honda to release figures cause it seems it has the same MPG which is an area that Honda used to dominate in? Cause the 47 MPG is out of this world!!! OMG CAFE STANDARDS AND DEMS TRYING TO KILL BUSINESS Camry hybrid watch out! (how much power does it make, the Camry hybrid makes 200hp??)

Out of this world Ford, thanks for being innovative and not listening to the same old tired voices trying to scare us into the middle ages

Old 09-07-12, 09:51 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

The Fusion hybrid is the ONE car on the market that could draw me away from Toyota [Camry/Corolla/Prius] for my next purchase.

I am truly stunned by Ford.
Old 09-07-12, 09:58 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The non-hybrid Fusion itself is set to kill the Camry in style, performance, and refinement. The sedan to get in the segment.
Old 09-07-12, 10:00 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
The non-hybrid Fusion itself is set to kill the Camry in style, performance, and refinement. The sedan to get in the segment.
We have heard the Kill Camry talk for decades....doesn't happen. Its clear even with all the new entires everyone pretty much keeps their share of sales who are best known in class. Those that suffer or less known brands like Mazda, Mitsubishi etc

Not sure what the production capacity is for their Fusion plant down in Mexico.

Old 09-07-12, 10:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
We have heard the Kill Camry talk for decades....doesn't happen.
I agree that the Camry, in sales, is an automotive icon, but, IMO, it's risky to say it won't happen. For years (even decades), the Accord was another icon (solidly in second place), yet the Altima managed to brush it aside last year. Like you, however, I don't think the new Fusion is going to overtake the Camry anytime soon, but its dynamite new looks are sure to be popular. Hey, even I like it......yes, conservative old me. As many of you know, I tend to be one that likes tradition and conservative styling...but Ford really did a nice job with the new Fusion, style-wise, even though it's radically different..
Old 09-07-12, 11:28 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Simply outstanding Ford!! Well done!! Imagine if they dropped the 6-speed auto for an 8
Old 09-07-12, 12:09 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

amazing car, inside out.
Now if they had it in RWD ....muuuah

and

Between 1992 and 1996, the Taurus was the best-selling car in the USA
Old 09-07-12, 01:06 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Absolutely amazing fuel efficiency for a midsized car. Toyota should definitely follow suit with a 2.0 hybrid. The 2.5 hybrid's superior performance is quite frankly an overkill for most people looking for a family car.
Old 09-07-12, 10:39 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Hybrid fuel economy is impressive!

However the rest of the engine lineup is very underwhelming IMO. The new Accord and Altima do quite a bit better with larger engines though with CVT. I know the whole ecoboost story that Ford weaves (I own one) but this isn't what I was expecting for the automatic 1.6 wrt FE.
Old 09-07-12, 11:09 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

If look is the only concern, I would take Kia Optima and Honda Accord over Ford Fusion.
Old 09-08-12, 12:49 AM
VIPG35
Lead Lap

Looks like a aston martin/maserati.

Quick Reply: This is the 2013 Ford Fusion