Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Autonews: new ES, LS, IS in 18 months

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 08:32 AM
camryphil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autonews: new ES, LS, IS in 18 months

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...302069948/1292

within 1.5 years. others get midcycle refresh includes spindle grill
Old 02-07-12, 08:56 AM
LexFather

I've met Mr. Hennessy a number of times, really nice guy and runs class act dealerships with his brothers. We know from the past that when he speaks its usually very accurate. Low inventory has a huge problem after the Tsunami. I'll be at the Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett dealer tonight for the GS debut there.

I still think Lexus has a lot more work cut out for it than in the past, competition is fierce and Audi's rise with Infiniti/Acura's reversal has slanted power to the Germans and this hurts Lexus tremendously. This might sound crazy but they might not be #1 in America for a few years. Lexus is going to have to go into different niche's outside of their care sedan group with more sedans, more car based SUVs and more sports cars/4 door coupes etc with a fresh showroom at all times.

The CT proves when done right Lexus can succeed in new markets that have failed for others even. I hope the GS is well received as well as the new refreshes.

Lexus dealer: We'll win back our customers
Mark Rechtin
Follow Mark on
Automotive News -- February 6, 2012 - 12:01 am ET
Add a comment
Recommend

Peter Hennessy: "I am sure we had some defectors."
Thought Leadership
Imagine More Possibilities

Sponsored by
» New Economy, New Customers: What They Want in 2012
» 3 Steps to Creating a New Culture
» Expand Your Marketing Reach with QR Codes
» Building a New Business in the Service Drive
» 4 No-Cost Ways to Improve Customer Satisfaction
In a year when Lexus inventories were limited by the earthquake in Japan, losing some customers to rival luxury brands was to be expected.

But Peter Hennessy, incoming chairman of the Lexus National Dealer Advisory Council, predicts a batch of new products and improved availability will win back those customers and attract some new ones.

"I am sure we had some defectors," he said. "Availability is going to be far better this year. We have new product coming. I think we'll be attracting a new customer to the brand this year."

Lexus plans to launch the redesigned GS 350 this month. Redesigns of the ES 350, IS 250/350 and LS 460 will come during the next 18 months. Lexus will be using the "spindle grille" front fascia across the lineup, including the mid-cycle change to the LX 570 SUV.

After the quake, "we were selling to our existing customer base in a greater proportion than in prior years," said Hennessy, an Atlanta-area dealer who also holds Honda and Porsche franchises and is a partner in Cadillac, Rolls-Royce, Mazda, GMC, Buick and Jaguar-Land Rover stores.

Last year Lexus lost the luxury sales crown to BMW and Mercedes-Benz for the first time in more than a decade. Still, Hennessy said he was encouraged by the conquest rates of the CT 200h hybrid hatchback that debuted early in 2011. He said customers were willing to wait five months to take delivery after the quake depleted inventories.

As of Jan. 1, Lexus dealers had only a 20-day supply after a strong December sales promotion. But Hennessy predicts fresh allocations will expand inventories quickly.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/2012...#ixzz1liR5tqpM

Old 02-07-12, 09:23 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

So what I am reading is the ES, LS and IS new design launch will be spread over the next 18 months which would follow the rumors on here. I am concerned about others getting a mid-cycle facelift with the spindle grill and not looking very good. I am afraid of the other models looking like some new fascia was just stuck on so the family resemblance can be made consistent across the brand instead of just waiting until a complete redesign can be done of the models which are not yet ready to be fully released.
Old 02-07-12, 09:47 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MX5NES350
So what I am reading is the ES, LS and IS new design launch will be spread over the next 18 months which would follow the rumors on here. I am concerned about others getting a mid-cycle facelift with the spindle grill and not looking very good. I am afraid of the other models looking like some new fascia was just stuck on so the family resemblance can be made consistent across the brand instead of just waiting until a complete redesign can be done of the models which are not yet ready to be fully released.
looks good so far on LX.. dont see why it wont look good on RX and GX.
Old 02-07-12, 12:13 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^LX looks freakin amazing

I'm psyched to see what the RX and GX look like with the new changes, especially the GX!
Old 02-07-12, 01:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I want to see the new LS. Its the flagship and Im eager to see Lexus show off what it can do
Old 02-07-12, 02:31 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I want to see the new LS. Its the flagship and Im eager to see Lexus show off what it can do
Same here! I can't wait to see what the next LS will look like, especially if they are incorporating that new front end across the entire line!

Same with the IS too!
Old 02-07-12, 07:11 PM
LexFather

At the Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett GS launch today I got a chance to briefly talk to Mr. Hennessy again and brought up the article. He seems excited with the future products!

Old 02-07-12, 10:32 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
At the Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett GS launch today I got a chance to briefly talk to Mr. Hennessy again and brought up the article. He seems excited with the future products!
I'm excited to see the future Lexus products as well...3SC, 6ES, 3IS, etc...
Old 02-07-12, 11:45 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ 3SC? lol
Old 02-07-12, 11:47 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I believe it will be LC600h.
Old 02-08-12, 12:21 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only model I am worried about is the redesign of the LS... I'm not sure that it will be a hit especially with the new Lexus design patterns... The LS is the flagship but should still maintain it's ultra luxury feel and not be too radical...I really hope they don't mess it up...
Old 02-08-12, 01:32 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
The only model I am worried about is the redesign of the LS... I'm not sure that it will be a hit especially with the new Lexus design patterns... The LS is the flagship but should still maintain it's ultra luxury feel and not be too radical...I really hope they don't mess it up...
You're right. Hope they keep the sportiness for Sport trim only.
Old 02-08-12, 03:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
well GS has been the lowest selling Lexus, so they stand to lose nothing on it... i doubt LS will be that radical on the outside, but sure on the inside.
Old 02-09-12, 04:19 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by asoksevil
I believe it will be LC600h.
We'll have to wait and see what Lexus does with the LF-LC.

I'm thinking 3SC:

SC 460
SC 450h

SC F

Quick Reply: Autonews: new ES, LS, IS in 18 months