Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan debuts 2013 Altima 38MPG, $21,500

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-12, 05:46 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Most of my clients just buy the Camry LEs 4cyc model. They are the people who don't know cars, to them, they can't go wrong with Camry, so they just buy them without even looking or compare with anything else on the market. That's the reputation the Camry has.
Thats the mentality of 99% of that class Some merely choose style over substance sometimes though today I don't think there is a bad car in class.

My fav to look at is the Kia Optima but I have to say the new Altima seems to be incredible. Our previous experience with it was relatively good so I can only recommend the new one even if I haven't driven it yet.

Old 08-02-12, 08:41 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thats the mentality of 99% of that class Some merely choose style over substance sometimes though today I don't think there is a bad car in class.
agreed.

My fav to look at is the Kia Optima
although they're not the prettiest rims, can you believe the fitment and stance kia's done for the optima? for a fwd 'cheap' car, the overall level of look and refinement is amazing.

i agree with your prior post too that the camry SE and hybrid deliver the goods in terms of go, but not in show.
Old 08-02-12, 09:40 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why most are saying the Altima's interior is so great. The Camry's is better IMO. No question.

Old 08-02-12, 10:34 AM
LexFather

I guess I'm the oddball b/c I didn't have much of an issue with the last Camry interior so the new one isn't some huge leap to me.

The Altima can only go up since it was always way behind with its interior. Maybe I'll rent one out next trip.

Old 08-02-12, 11:47 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Not sure why most are saying the Altima's interior is so great. The Camry's is better IMO. No question.

I like the Altima's better because it looks cleaner and more in step with the exterior. At the same time it also just has more interesting details. A MUCH better looking steering wheel (Camry's is dog-ugly) and controls. More interesting and pleasing door panels, more comfortable front seats, and nicer textures. The Camry's interior textures and surfaces, fabric combinations, and shapes are all over the map. It's like the designers were trying to overcompensate for something.

Last edited by speedflex; 08-02-12 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-02-12, 07:16 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
I like the Altima's better because it looks cleaner and more in step with the exterior. At the same time it also just has more interesting details. A MUCH better looking steering wheel (Camry's is dog-ugly) and controls. More interesting and pleasing door panels, more comfortable front seats, and nicer textures. The Camry's interior textures and surfaces, fabric combinations, and shapes are all over the map. It's like the designers were trying to overcompensate for something.
And this is yet another example of the age old expression "to each their own".

The Altima's steering wheel looks like a certain part of a female's anatomy, and the exterior is just a bit too wavy for me. I liked the exterior when I first saw pictures, but since that time my liking for the new Altima has dropped. The Camry interior IMHO looks more modern and sophisticated, with a much better (IMO) steering wheel.
Old 08-02-12, 07:46 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
And this is yet another example of the age old expression "to each their own".

The Altima's steering wheel looks like a certain part of a female's anatomy, and the exterior is just a bit too wavy for me. I liked the exterior when I first saw pictures, but since that time my liking for the new Altima has dropped. The Camry interior IMHO looks more modern and sophisticated, with a much better (IMO) steering wheel.
Yes to each his own. Ain't life grand!

I think the Camry's steering wheel is ugly (and cheap-looking) Besides, I don't want to look down at my steering wheel and always see Sid The Sloth staring back at me.
Old 08-02-12, 07:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
Yes to each his own. Ain't life grand!

I think the Camry's steering wheel is ugly (and cheap-looking) Besides, I don't want to look down at my steering wheel and always see Sid The Sloth staring back at me.
That's exactly what I see every time I look at the Ferrari 458 rear end :

Nissan debuts 2013 Altima 38MPG, ,500-35rqh.jpg
Old 08-02-12, 08:20 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
That's exactly what I see every time I look at the Ferrari 458 rear end :

Now you've ruined it for me forever.
Old 08-18-12, 07:54 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw the new Altima on the road yesterday. Ugliest car I have ever seen. Hope the interior is good.
Old 08-18-12, 04:32 PM
LexFather

Really? Looks good to me outside that huge chrome ring grill. Seen quite a few already

Old 08-18-12, 04:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-

thats because Nissan's PR pics of interior looked a lot better than that... in pics above, Camry looks like more expensive interior and Altima simpler IMHO.... Just look at the Altima's glovebox - it is as cheap as it could be, while Camry has a nice side button that opens a glovebox... like a lexus and not like a yaris, imho.
Old 08-18-12, 05:42 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

^^ at least get the altima pictures with wood trim. it looks ten times better
Old 08-18-12, 06:17 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Old 08-18-12, 08:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
thats because Nissan's PR pics of interior looked a lot better than that... in pics above, Camry looks like more expensive interior and Altima simpler IMHO.... Just look at the Altima's glovebox - it is as cheap as it could be, while Camry has a nice side button that opens a glovebox... like a lexus and not like a yaris, imho.
i sat in a new camry the other day, and found the interior to just be very 'busy' with a profusion of styles and textures all mashed together, and didn't look 'expensive' to me. haven't sat in a new altima yet, but i do think from photos it looks more elegant/classy.

Quick Reply: Nissan debuts 2013 Altima 38MPG, $21,500