Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICK goes Hollywood-I will be on the show"My Ride Rules"-Airs 5/15/12 10pm on SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 09:37 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great job Mike. Your GS is sick but that Shelby is in a class of it's own.

Ken
Old 05-15-12, 09:50 PM
LexFather

Thanks everyone for the support and who took the time to watch it. Now that the episode has aired I can share some more

First off the group I was in was real cool and we got along real well so it was hard to "hate" on each others cars, plus they all were pretty damn good. Now usually contestants don't know one another but "Matt" and I go to some of the same car events and we actually went to the same try out date together. So we kind of knew each other but played it off pretty well.

I'll be honest I love his car even with the updated mods (they call it a retro rod). Getting to drive it was a bucket list item for me and no matter what the gear it pulled hard. What was also hard was steering at low speeds lol, no power anything! I just can't get enough of it and I scored him I think 10 for performance, 9 for looks and 8 for personality. How can ANYONE not score that car high?

I'll share more later. Some of the local SELOC/Lexus buds came to show support and RedPaste owner of the Tilted Kilt hosted it and showed it on multiple screens and the huge projector. We had a blast. Some of the Atlanta G owners came out too for the meet/eat/watch event.

Again thanks for the support and hope I repped enthusiasts, Lexus and modded hybrids well. And damn the Vossen wheels look sick moving

Old 05-15-12, 10:32 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Dammit I guess I'll have to watch it on demand.
Now worries; Speed Channel will repeat the show several times. I also missed setting up my DVR, but just checked and it will air again at 11 PM PDT (and several more times) so I set my DVR for that - it's 10:30 now.

I'm going to stop following this thread until I watch the show - don't want to spoil the outcome.
Old 05-15-12, 10:40 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

I missed it at 10pm but its coming on in 20mins(2am) so ill be sure to tune in.
Old 05-16-12, 04:52 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

The GS looked amazing on tv....but as soon as a saw Eleanor, I knew it would be the winner.

If the GS had more of a throaty sound it may have had a better chance. I think Eleanor still would win though. I saw one at the local Ferrari dealer last weekend and took some pics of it. They are amazing.

You repped us good Mike and the GS looked hot.
I noticed your shameless plug for Vossen Wheels too. lol
Old 05-16-12, 05:10 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Good job Mike representing Lexus hybrids! (What a tight squeeze you had in that hot rod! I must say, it was a pretty funny sight.)
Old 05-16-12, 05:12 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
The GS looked amazing on tv....but as soon as a saw Eleanor, I knew it would be the winner.

If the GS had more of a throaty sound it may have had a better chance. I think Eleanor still would win though. I saw one at the local Ferrari dealer last weekend and took some pics of it. They are amazing.

You repped us good Mike and the GS looked hot.
I noticed your shameless plug for Vossen Wheels too. lol
I noticed the Vossen plug too. Well played.
Old 05-16-12, 06:38 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I noticed the Vossen plug too. Well played.
Representin!!!

Great show Mike!! Was really funny seeing you trying to cram into that hotrod LOL
Old 05-16-12, 06:42 AM
TeeNastie
Driver

Congrats!

You're the winner in my book! And thanks for categorizing us lexus owners as practical human beings who respect both performance and luxury without any douchy undertones ! You had the most complete car (properly modded, performance, luxury) on the show. I figured your competition wouln't necessarily respect foreign performance as they were all american muscle car owners who needs to see, smell, and feel their engines. Perhaps performance would have been slightly tilted in your favor if you all were required to go through some cone drills
Old 05-16-12, 08:14 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Mike.... Well nice representation.

The outcome was as it should have been. Eleanor is in a class of her own.

Matt seemed to be going pretty hard after the lady too... lol had his hands on her more than they needed to be.

I was waiting for you to ask the RAM owner for his account number at AutoZone for all the 'extras' on his truck
Old 05-16-12, 08:31 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Only seen the show a couple of times.

Was cool to watch "knowing" one of the contestants.

The only thing I scratched my head over was the two-different-kinds-of-wheels thing. You lost me on that one.
Old 05-16-12, 08:50 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the show. I think you should have gotten 2nd place lol. That Shelby GT was ridiculous and an obvious winner. The show is so cheesey and I probably will never watch it again. I have a question, why would you put cv3s and cv2s on at the same time...looked awkward. Other general comments: I thought melba was hatin on you at the post drive comments, before they announced the winner lol. How tall are you, like 8 feet hahah it was mad funny when u couldn't fit in melba's car. And did you notice in the beginning of the show they put up your name as Chris while you stood by your car then the rest of the show they corrected it. And what was up with the nonstop Usain Bolt poses in front of ur car, lookin like you just won a track and field race lmao!!!!
Old 05-16-12, 08:53 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Also that Ram was mad cornball, but that guy was a straight redneck hick Hahaha. No hatin jus clownin, cracking jokes!
Old 05-16-12, 08:57 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Congrats, Mike. Great to have CL rep there.
Old 05-16-12, 09:15 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that Shelby was nice. Shifter looked a little odd though, how did it feel while driving it?

Quick Reply: 1SICK goes Hollywood-I will be on the show"My Ride Rules"-Airs 5/15/12 10pm on SPEED