Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi goes extra mile to make up for customer's bad auto show experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 10:49 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bagwell
what is that round thing BTW??
Missile housing. Do not touch the red button.

Big Mack
Old 03-06-12, 06:02 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sick!!! It's great to hear stories of automakers doing things like that for people like us.

And LOL at the missile comment
Old 03-06-12, 09:44 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

I don't ever remember Porsche unlocking their cars at the show and no one threw a fit

On a side note, the NSX was supposed to be at the Toronto Auto show but wasn't even there till the end. It left early and some members missed it.
That's honda management for you

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Missile housing. Do not touch the red button.

Big Mack
should've used it on the hissy fit guy

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Maybe if I complain enough to Lexus, they'll bring me a LF-A to sit in and ride around in .
Let's get a petition going

Last edited by GS3Tek; 03-07-12 at 09:27 AM. Reason: left a word out
Old 03-06-12, 05:47 PM
VIPG35
Lead Lap

^ lol nice catch
Old 03-07-12, 09:15 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Smith, IMO, was correct to write to the Audi CEO and complain. There is way too much of this "We'can't open them up because they haven't been released yet" or "Because they are pre-production models" nonsense at the car shows. And that's exactly what it those excuses are....nonsense. If a company is going to bring a new vehicle to the show, then open it up, put it on the floor, and let people sit in it.

BTW, I sometimes get them to (briefly) open up the locked-models on the floor (especially with the more-sensible company-reps) by simply telling them, to their face, how unacceptable and idiotic their policy is. They are sometimes embarassed, especially if press-members are nearby, and relent.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-07-12 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-08-12, 12:02 PM
1JZsoarer
Driver

I am sorry but that is just wrong. Yes some cars are locked, yes some cars are on stands, so what? If you are really interested and you can manage to buy them, you'll do the extra mile to get a proper showing and/or do a test drive and be able to really do a torough check. I have seen cars come back after the auto show of quebec last year and let me tell you it wasn't pretty. Some were so trashed that they had to get re-upholstered and what not. I totally understand Audi for locking doors and they even did at this year's Quebec's show.
Old 03-08-12, 01:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by raptor22
i'm sorry but i have to disagree. If it were like a private preview, or invite-only event etc, then i can understand. But since this was a mass event, rules were there for a reason. They couldn't just make an exception for people they saw fit. If they did, who's to stop someone else from going up and claiming this and that and demanding a seat time? And then what happened if that other person was denied? Someone with class would understand that if the company makes an exception for you, great! but one should not feel entitled to such privilege under that circumstance. The fact that he wrote to Audi mentioning all his credentials and whatnot tells me he felt he should be entitled to special privilege that others aren't just because.

Audi no doubt did the private showing for the positive publicity, but in so doing, sadly, feeding the person's ill-placed ego.
I dunno, I'm a long time Lexus owner, enthusiast etc...if I drove hours to go to a show to see lets say the new GS F and it is open but they won't let me in, I explain how long I drove and I'm a long time Lexus buyer fan and they don't even blink, well I would be slightly upset. Again they could have said "sir come back at x time and we will accommodate you". To me WAY TO MANY TIMES a company/employee is quick to say "no, can't be done" to people without truly looking out for customers/people or thinking outside the box.

Again I think they could have found a way to let him sit in the car without a resounding "NO" it can't be done when if you read the article Audi did say some people can sit in the car.

Audi won anyway, great showing of support!

Old 03-08-12, 02:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am so glad that audi is paying attention to these stuff. great for them