Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MT-Entry Level Sport sedan comparo (someone impersonating me there)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 05:23 PM
LexFather

Have to give MT a lot of credit, got in contact with them and they banned the fake account. Thank you Motor Trend!

Old 03-05-12, 05:35 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
then why did you buy that BMW? It makes little sense. Little features, little space, little comfort :-).
It was an impulse buy. Plus, the car is small enough to be manageable in the city but also spacious enough for the needs of my family. And it gets very good fuel economy.

Is it perfect? Far from it. The transmission tunnel in the back takes away whatever little space was left for the legs of rear passengers. That's the biggest drawback of the 1 series and a clear argument in favor of FWD for these types of cars.
Old 03-05-12, 07:37 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL that's 1SICKSTORY
Old 03-05-12, 08:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

From my own personal experiences, I would rate them as follows:

Audi A4 Quattro
Lexus IS250 F-Sport
BMW 328i Sport Line
Mercedes-Benz C250
Infiniti G25
Acura TSX V6

Have NOT driven these two:
Volvo S60 T5
Buick Regal GS
Old 03-05-12, 08:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,415 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Have to give MT a lot of credit, got in contact with them and they banned the fake account. Thank you Motor Trend!

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
From my own personal experiences, I would rate them as follows:

Audi A4 Quattro
Lexus IS250 F-Sport
BMW 328i Sport Line
Mercedes-Benz C250
Infiniti G25
Acura TSX V6

Have NOT driven these two:
Volvo S60 T5
Buick Regal GS
tsx v6 last on ones you've driven? really? you disliked it that much? i've driven the 4cyl one a lot and i enjoy it. is it gonna win an autocross? no. is it a fine handling car though? yes. does it have plenty of power (even the 4cyl)? yes. but to me one giant win over an IS250 for example is more useful rear seats, of course no big tunnel, very useful trunk space, and a fold down rear seat to make it even more useful. the two things i don't like about the tsx are the seats that aren't really comfortable on a LONG drive (but then every lexus i've been in isn't comfortable either for a long drive), and even being an IT guy i can't figure out the stereo.
Old 03-05-12, 08:52 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

tsx v6 last on ones you've driven? really? you disliked it that much? i've driven the 4cyl one a lot and i enjoy it. is it gonna win an autocross? no. is it a fine handling car though? yes. does it have plenty of power (even the 4cyl)? yes. but to me one giant win over an IS250 for example is more useful rear seats, of course no big tunnel, very useful trunk space, and a fold down rear seat to make it even more useful. the two things i don't like about the tsx are the seats that aren't really comfortable on a LONG drive (but then every lexus i've been in isn't comfortable either for a long drive), and even being an IT guy i can't figure out the stereo.
I'm not too impressed no. I actually prefer the 6-speed manual and 4 cylinder over the V6, feels more balanced and less nose heavy
Old 03-05-12, 10:11 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

For the "old" IS250 to do this well this late in the game is a huge tribute to how accomplished the model is. Not too many cars over the last 30 years have claimed such a high position seven years after going into production. Just another bit of evidence us IS owners knew a good thing.
Old 03-06-12, 03:48 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 159 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by DustinV
It was an impulse buy. Plus, the car is small enough to be manageable in the city but also spacious enough for the needs of my family. And it gets very good fuel economy.

Is it perfect? Far from it. The transmission tunnel in the back takes away whatever little space was left for the legs of rear passengers. That's the biggest drawback of the 1 series and a clear argument in favor of FWD for these types of cars.
yes, you liked the BMW feel in small car, despite the things you said you value in the car... so MT does the same :-).

I actually dont mind their evaluation when it comes to premium compact sedans, because in reality, do they ever make sense next to the Camry, Passat and the like? Strictly money wise, you are paying more for smaller car that is less efficient. It never makes sense.

But purpose of luxury cars is not to be cheapest and biggest. It is to be luxurious, makes you feel like you are driving something special.

Now, when they test Camry vs Accord vs Fusion, etc, and then dont care a bit about anything than track, then thats different story, as buyers or those cars value comfort and space, as well as economy a lot more than if they will be able to attack some imaginary curve at the track at 62 or 62.7 mph.
Old 03-06-12, 04:57 AM
LexFather

Wow, wake up in the morning and the banned account looks to have resigned up as 1SICKLEX. at 3:52am (with a period added). I have informed MT again.

Old 03-06-12, 05:57 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Wow, wake up in the morning and the banned account looks to have resigned up as 1SICKLEX. at 3:52am (with a period added). I have informed MT again.
You got a level 3 troller on your hands
Old 03-06-12, 07:14 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

What can one really say. The car is really old so there is not much chance it will win or lead the pack.

Good car overall, needing a redesign soon, but still good.