Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

EXP 9 F concept (Bentley Bentayga SUV)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-18, 11:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Who is going to take a 200K+ luxury vehicle off roading?
Probably the same people who will be trading in their 100K Range Rovers for one LOL.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-17-18 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-17-18, 02:03 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

No question this vehicle is for the 1% of the 1%ers, and will never be driven off road. That being said, I've been in several of these vehicles and they are drop dead spectacular. (At least until the Lambo and Ferrari models debut)
Old 01-17-18, 09:48 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Maybe I'm crazy, but that thing doesn't look like anything special. Looks like a BMW X5 with a Bentley front end.
Old 01-18-18, 02:58 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Maybe I'm crazy, but that thing doesn't look like anything special. Looks like a BMW X5 with a Bentley front end.
It's literally a Volkswagen Touraeg/Audi Q7/Porsche Cayenne with a Bentley front end.
Old 01-18-18, 08:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,442 Likes on 1,601 Posts

it's fugly, but the reviews i've read/seen on how it rides and drives have been extremely positive. even if i has the $ to splurge on one i still wouldn't get it.
Old 01-18-18, 09:10 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I saw one on the road friday with a matte purple paint job. Hideous lol
Might have been a special-order. RR and Bentley used to have the option of special-ordering any color (or two-tone pattern) you wanted...although I think they have paired that down to a choice of several dozen factory colors now.

I like some purplish tints myself.....particularly the gray/purple Amythist.
Old 01-18-18, 01:59 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm sure that matte purple one was a wrap job. That's the current big thing if you're a famous rapper, who lets be honest, is probably going to be the #2 customer of this thing, right behind all the oil sheiks over in the UAE.
Old 01-18-18, 04:21 PM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

This thing is just plain jane, not ugly like the levante.
Old 01-18-18, 05:00 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They should have squared off the roofline and done a more formal body style. Really, really plain and frumpy as a big luxe SUV. But there are going to be customers for this with more money than brains, who'll buy simply to impress the hoi-polloi.
Old 01-18-18, 06:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattyG
They should have squared off the roofline and done a more formal body style. Really, really plain and frumpy as a big luxe SUV. But there are going to be customers for this with more money than brains, who'll buy simply to impress the hoi-polloi.

I'll have to agree with the money-vs.-brains part. Each to his or her own, I guess, but I don't see where any car is worth that far into six figures.
Old 01-18-18, 06:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,956 Posts

It’s all relative. For the customers that car is aimed at its a very small amount compared to their overall wealth.
Old 01-18-18, 07:15 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

It’s all relative. For the customers that car is aimed at its a very small amount compared to their overall wealth.
That probably eliminates a guy like Warren Buffet, who has more money and more brains vs the other way, lol.

This thing is apparently now headed over to do the Pikes Peak run with the W12 drive train. Should be interesting.
Old 01-19-18, 05:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,956 Posts

That probably eliminates a guy like Warren Buffet, who has more money and more brains vs the other way, lol.

This thing is apparently now headed over to do the Pikes Peak run with the W12 drive train. Should be interesting.
Again, all depends on the person. I spend way more money on cars than Warren Buffet, I’m not an idiot. I just have different things I enjoy than he does. What’s the point of having money if you sit around and live like a pauper and never use that money to do things and have things that you enjoy? There’s a limit, financial health and security should come first but if you have billions of dollars and you want a $400,000 Bentley SUV, are you “an idiot” for buying it? How about if you have $50M?Let’s say you’re somebody who makes $250k, and you have no family, and you’re into this vehicle and you get it for a $2,500 a month lease? No family, no huge home, this is just your thing. Again, not an idiot necessarily. It’s all relative. I live my life, I invest and have a plan and fund my plan but the rest I live with. I don’t see the point of just letting it pile up and look at it but that’s me.
Old 01-19-18, 06:42 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Again, all depends on the person. I spend way more money on cars than Warren Buffet, I’m not an idiot. I just have different things I enjoy than he does. What’s the point of having money if you sit around and live like a pauper and never use that money to do things and have things that you enjoy? There’s a limit, financial health and security should come first but if you have billions of dollars and you want a $400,000 Bentley SUV, are you “an idiot” for buying it? How about if you have $50M?Let’s say you’re somebody who makes $250k, and you have no family, and you’re into this vehicle and you get it for a $2,500 a month lease? No family, no huge home, this is just your thing. Again, not an idiot necessarily. It’s all relative. I live my life, I invest and have a plan and fund my plan but the rest I live with. I don’t see the point of just letting it pile up and look at it but that’s me.
Is this about you? Did someone accuse you of being an idiot? More importantly, do you know anyone who wants to buy a Bentley Bentayga? The thread is about the Bentayga.
Old 01-19-18, 07:36 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Who cares who the potential customers are for the Bentayga... or the Lamborghini Urus or the Rolls-Royce Cullinan or the Ferrari sport utility? The only thing that matters for the super-luxury automakers is that there is a market for these sport utilities and it is better that they have something to offer than to lose it to Range Rover or Mercedes-Benz or BMW.

Asking who would buy a "frumpy" Bentayga is similar to asking who would buy a merely mediocre Toyota Tundra. There is a market there and it is better to be in the market than to lose out to competitors.

Quick Reply: EXP 9 F concept (Bentley Bentayga SUV)