Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-12, 07:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Have you contacted corporate yet?
Originally Posted by adamls2
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
oh hell yeah !!!! I called them to complain about the glass more than the mileage but now that I have been thinking about it I think the mileage is just as big of a deal. They tried three parts, tires, and some sub frame adjustments/bushing checks and lube and that could have been done all i less than a week. There was no reason for them to put that kind of mileage on the car. Like I said, I was trying to be patient and not make a stink.

Lexus corporate was speechless. I told them also that I have owned two higher end Lexus sedans and have been a loyal customer to that dealership for 5 years. I also told them I am a bit of a Lexus freak and love the brand, what it stands for, and have been an active member of Club Lexus for a long time. The lady on the phone was very apologetic. Lexus overall has been great throughout this process but their dealership service manager is simply low end and poor excuse for a service manager and representative of the brand that could be imagined . "Ultimate Pursuit Of Perfection"....not likely when the service manager at Bell Lexus deals with customers like he does.
To picky ?!?! Because You damaged my car, added mileage for no reason, and lost two of my wheel locks?!?!?
Old 03-12-12, 08:08 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I could probably get a lawyer on standby if they fail to fix what they did to you car. Also, I would email to all of the upper management at the dealership to see what they will do

Also, you could file a complaint with the general attoney's office and let them know about it. I am sure they would like to respond to you quickly because they do not want to have a public complaint on file.
Old 03-12-12, 09:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sango
I could probably get a lawyer on standby if they fail to fix what they did to you car. Also, I would email to all of the upper management at the dealership to see what they will do

Also, you could file a complaint with the general attoney's office and let them know about it. I am sure they would like to respond to you quickly because they do not want to have a public complaint on file.
Great idea Sango. I told the manager in the email that I would get a lawyer involved if they didnt settle this issue honorably and in a timely fashion. The response was to have the SA call me and tell me that they would pay half of my deductible and never to return. I am going to file a complaint with the better business bureau, and I will look into the attorney generals office. In the mean time I will spread the word to the local members of CL in the regional forum, yelp, and any dealership rating site I can find. I am not going to let these guys think they can get away with this kind of treatment.
Old 03-12-12, 09:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

anyone know how I can get the district operation managers number or email address??? Can I just call another sister dealership to get that info ??? This is going to be my little project
Old 03-12-12, 09:16 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^
Since you mentioned about a sister dealership, you mean they are owned by the same auto group. In this case, you could try calling the sister to find the information, or if you could try and find the auto group's webstie home and go from there.
Old 03-12-12, 09:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sango
^
Since you mentioned about a sister dealership, you mean they are owned by the same auto group. In this case, you could try calling the sister to find the information, or if you could try and find the auto group's webstie home and go from there.
They do have another dealership that is owned by the same auto group. I will call them and ask tomorrow. Like I said, I am not going to let this ish go
Old 03-12-12, 10:08 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

This is complete garbage. I would be so upset, they'd be losing customers in their showroom until that jackass was fired. I would have made it my personal mission to sit in the showroom every single day after work until they resolve this for you. Customers (and sales people) do not like seeing upset customers, especially in a luxury dealer.

Since it's part of the Berge Group, I suggest getting in touch with Brent as he's the owner. In case anyone questions why you need to speak with them, remind them of their general directives. Here's their own list:

Originally Posted by The Berge Group
BELIEFS and PHILOSOPHIES:

The following items are brief statements about the things we believe in and the way we work::
We will do nothing illegal, immoral, or unethical.

* #1 Priority – Identify and satisfy the needs of our customers – profitably.
* Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude.

The Goals.

1. Make The Customer Happy.
2. Make Money.
3. Have Fun.

A Commitment To Excellence - is what separates talented good people from the great ones.
The Greatest thing in life is life itself and the opportunities that come with it.

Aggressive Hospitality/10 Foot Rule – When you get within 10’ of anybody (customer or fellow
employee), acknowledge with a smile and friendly greeting. Be the first to say hello with
customers and each other. Assist the customer or anyone in finding whom or what they are
looking for, don’t just point them in the right direction. Make everyone feel welcome, at home
and at ease. Let them know they are appreciated and show personal interest in them. Without
our customers none of us have a job.

Believe – If you believe strongly enough that you will achieve a goal – you will.

Character - is what you do when no one is listening or watching.

People make things happen; not big stores, not big advertising – it's people.

To Remain Successful – Ask: Where am I today? Where do I want to be? How much time do I have to get there? How am I going to get there? A goal without a plan is only a daydream.
I think he would be inclined to listen to a customer who has spent thousands of dollars and is now going to bring this information to the attention of everyone in the area, of which there are hundreds in AZ, who are members of our forum.

Different situation and not the same ownership, but when I had a problem like this, walking in and talking with the general manager of the facility worked wonders. Service "manager" (and his little lap dog) were out on their ***, and everyone there knew I was the one who did it. Might be time to "vent some frustration" and walk into the dealership like you plan on taking a few of the doors with you, mang. I'm not as tall as you are, but I guarantee when they saw me coming, they knew something wasn't right.

BTW - if you want more info on Berge Group...

It's right hyah!

He gets all his corporate mail at Bell Ford (2401 W. Bell Rd), but you might want to send it to his house over on Diamond Point in Mesa, too.

If you really want to make it interesting, send it personal and confidential to the office - by law they cannot open it for him.

Big Mack
Old 03-13-12, 07:28 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A few hard lessons here:
  1. At the first sign of trouble, STOP communicating by phone or personal visit. All contact should be by e-mail so that there is a paper trail of evidence, not just vague memories of who said what, when. This is important, to get them on paper making the statements they did so that you have evidence to go to Corporate with, particularly if there may be a possibility of litigation involved.

2. After 23 days for a "test drive" I'd have had the AG's office involved and the general manager would be calling the SWAT team out to get me off of his desk. Leaving a car at the dealer for over three weeks without a complaint would seem to light up a big sign reading "SUCKER" over my head. No, if it takes 23 days to decide they can't fix something, they're either incompetent, stupid, or thieves. Maybe all three.

Destroying your windshield then denying it is unconscionable. It should be clear that the glass was very recently replaced and the mechanic or his pit monkey should be interrogated closely. In the interest of a continued relationship with the customer, this and the lost wheel locks should have been replaced at no charge and without question, on the spot.

3. Don't worry about the Group, go directly to Lexus Corporate if a solution isn't reached within 48 hours of your original complaint. If more people did this we'd have fewer poor-performing dealers. Lexus would jerk their license to print money (franchise) so fast their heads would spin.
Old 03-13-12, 07:53 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

I think it's close between the mileage and the scratched windshield as to what would anger me the most with the windshield coming slightly ahead just because it was new
Old 03-13-12, 10:27 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Mack
This is complete garbage. I would be so upset, they'd be losing customers in their showroom until that jackass was fired. I would have made it my personal mission to sit in the showroom every single day after work until they resolve this for you. Customers (and sales people) do not like seeing upset customers, especially in a luxury dealer.

Since it's part of the Berge Group, I suggest getting in touch with Brent as he's the owner. In case anyone questions why you need to speak with them, remind them of their general directives. Here's their own list:

I think he would be inclined to listen to a customer who has spent thousands of dollars and is now going to bring this information to the attention of everyone in the area, of which there are hundreds in AZ, who are members of our forum.

Different situation and not the same ownership, but when I had a problem like this, walking in and talking with the general manager of the facility worked wonders. Service "manager" (and his little lap dog) were out on their ***, and everyone there knew I was the one who did it. Might be time to "vent some frustration" and walk into the dealership like you plan on taking a few of the doors with you, mang. I'm not as tall as you are, but I guarantee when they saw me coming, they knew something wasn't right.

BTW - if you want more info on Berge Group...

It's right hyah!

He gets all his corporate mail at Bell Ford (2401 W. Bell Rd), but you might want to send it to his house over on Diamond Point in Mesa, too.

If you really want to make it interesting, send it personal and confidential to the office - by law they cannot open it for him.

Big Mack
That Big Mack , you are BIG TIME. I appreciate the support and the help guys. I hope to meet you someday at a local meet. I am pretty sure I will be dropping my LS soon so I will be attending many local meets.

Originally Posted by Lil4X
A few hard lessons here:
  1. At the first sign of trouble, STOP communicating by phone or personal visit. All contact should be by e-mail so that there is a paper trail of evidence, not just vague memories of who said what, when. This is important, to get them on paper making the statements they did so that you have evidence to go to Corporate with, particularly if there may be a possibility of litigation involved.

2. After 23 days for a "test drive" I'd have had the AG's office involved and the general manager would be calling the SWAT team out to get me off of his desk. Leaving a car at the dealer for over three weeks without a complaint would seem to light up a big sign reading "SUCKER" over my head. No, if it takes 23 days to decide they can't fix something, they're either incompetent, stupid, or thieves. Maybe all three.

Destroying your windshield then denying it is unconscionable. It should be clear that the glass was very recently replaced and the mechanic or his pit monkey should be interrogated closely. In the interest of a continued relationship with the customer, this and the lost wheel locks should have been replaced at no charge and without question, on the spot.

3. Don't worry about the Group, go directly to Lexus Corporate if a solution isn't reached within 48 hours of your original complaint. If more people did this we'd have fewer poor-performing dealers. Lexus would jerk their license to print money (franchise) so fast their heads would spin.
I agree with you 100%. What blows my mind still is that they told me they dont want me back. This makes me feel like I cant even contact them, but all they are doing is pissing me off.

Originally Posted by Allen K
I think it's close between the mileage and the scratched windshield as to what would anger me the most with the windshield coming slightly ahead just because it was new
I agree as well. I didnt make a big deal about the car being there for 23 days or the mileage because I thought they would have fixed the issue. In the end they didnt diagnose the issue, damaged my glass, put 600+ miles on the car, and then told me to not return after I spoke up
Old 03-13-12, 08:32 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

I'd email them all this thread and just write, to be continued.
Old 03-13-12, 09:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus called me today

update: Lexus called me today and said that they have no control over the dealership and that since the manager already offered me half of my deductible that was enough to make them happy. Lexus corporate was completely worthless in this situation.

My only issue is GEICO doesnt replace pitted glass. They only replace the glass if there is a crack and if its larger than a dollar.

I know I am SOL and cant return the dealership but I am going to file a complaint with the BBB and hit every review site humanly possible. They are not going to screw me and think I am going to just go away They have their right to deny me, and I have my right to get very vocal
Old 03-13-12, 09:48 PM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

They had nothing to say over the missing lugs and 600+ miles?
Old 03-13-12, 10:10 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts

Sorry to hear.....Once my CPO runs out of warranty at the end of the year, I WILL NO LONGER GO TO A DEALERSHIP! I never cared about the labor charge, but this arrogance is not acceptable. I had a service manager emailing me "thanks" for coming in for service and when i emailed him back asking about the 4GS release event/promo...he never got back to me about the date nor saying he wasn't sure....talk about "robo" emails. You're welcome for the $200 bill for an oil change and labor for installing my headlights ( i brought in my own Phillips D4S 6k) bulbs.

Last edited by msgs350; 03-13-12 at 10:11 PM. Reason: s
Old 03-13-12, 10:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rkyat
They had nothing to say over the missing lugs and 600+ miles?
the tech denied losing the lugs ( just like denied scratching the windshield the first time when he was putting in new wiper blades and then I miraculously ended up with a huge perfectly arc shaped scratch that followed the tip of the wiper blade), and the mileage they didnt say anything about it other than to correct my mileage listed in the email. I thought it was 700-800 miles but they corrected me and said it was only 642 (could be 622, not sure. The SA conveniently forgot to mail me my service papers after the work on the car was done.). Thats all they said. They did tell me that the SA and manager were taking my car home every night to test it . I am so pissed

Bell Lexus SUCKS!!

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-13-12 at 10:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ