Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-12, 10:29 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I am sorry you had to go through this, I stopped going to my local lexus of wilmington, because they messed up leather in lx470 for a routine visit.. nothing helped corporate Lexus /calls etc. u just have up because frankly didn't have time . strated going to my Toyota dealer and honestly I get far better treatment service from them.. Lexus customer service is crap compared to 5 yrs ago or more..
Old 03-15-12, 11:45 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I feel the same way. When I had my GS I was amazed with the service quality relative to Infiniti, but as time went on there were so many return visits because the work was not well or the problem still existed but to them that being too picky. These dealers nowadays dont want to help you unless the visit will generate cash. Im not saying they havent helped me in the past , but they really screwed me this time. I drive a 72K luxury flagship. Why the hell wouldn't I be picky. The nature of ownership of these vehicles will always entail a bit of obsession. This is why we spend this kind of money on a car Bell Lexus!!! Its about attention to detail and the experience.
Old 03-15-12, 11:47 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I feel the same way. When I had my GS I was amazed with the service quality relative to Infiniti, but as time went on there were so many return visits because the work was not well or the problem still existed but to them that being too picky. These dealers nowadays dont want to help you unless the visit will generate cash. Im not saying they havent helped me in the past , but they really screwed me this time. I drive a 72K luxury flagship. Why the hell wouldn't I be picky. The nature of ownership of these vehicles will always entail a bit of obsession. This is why we spend this kind of money on a car Bell Lexus!!! Its about attention to detail and the experience.
not sure if you saw my post above, did you try talking to the GM or Owner?
Old 03-15-12, 11:53 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
problem is the dealership employees - they screwed up and if they admit it, they would have to pay out of their pockets, and they dont want to... now did you try to talk to GM or Owner of the dealership?

on the other hand, if they could have billed it to lexus, i bet they would and everyone would be happy :-)
YUP!! Thats what happened when the idiot tech ran the wipers in the car before the new insert was placed into the wiper and it scratched my glass. It was so obvious that he did it but because the tech denied it I had to take care of it myself. Same BS with the wheel locks. I counted them out the night before I took the car into them and when I pick it up they tell me that 2 are missing and that the tech never saw them. So just because this POS tech says he didnt then thats the final word?? Blows my mind. The more I think of it the more pissed off I get. These idiots are lucky I am extremely busy at work and have a 2 week old boy at home, because if I had some time I would go down there and make a very very BIG scene. In fact if I get a chance I would love to go down there and confront the cowardly service manager face to face to see what he has to say when I am standing in front of him and when he cant hide behind his minion service advisors
Old 03-15-12, 12:05 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Big Mack I think you are right. I am going to try to write a letter to Brent Berge. I have to find that address you gave at that Ford dealership. I was thinking of filing a complaint with the AZ BBB. What do you think? I am going to keep trying .

Bell Lexus is trash !!
I would write to Brent and give him 3 business days to make it right. Advise him that the letters to Lexus corporate are already in a package, just waiting to go if he cannot find a way to A) make you whole and 2) remove these buttholes from working there. The company's motto is that with no customers there is no business. Your SA told you to buy a vehicle that isn't even sold as part of their company, so you would no longer be a customer. One begets the other. If he is a man that is as principled as his outlook on his own site says, he will have no issue doing this. If he's not, you know you need to ring his bell and contact the executives.

The way I see it, this is an opportunity to save his business. You clearly are not going away, and you're going to influence those you come into contact with. If he wants their business and yours, he needs to step up. In all fairness, corporate needs to step up, too, though. They grossly mishandled this situation. Part of the passionate pursuit of perfection is that the experience post sale is perfect, too. That starts with training and eliminating the buttholes who refuse to be trained. They get paid well, it's time for them to start acting like they appreciate that and the fact that you are the one paying them well.

BTW - don't think for a moment that you're not generating cash for them when you bring in your vehicle. If the work is done under warranty, they're getting straight book hours for those jobs, and those are typically 2-2.5 times the amount of actual time it takes to do the job. Of course, doing it right the first time usually makes this more cost effective, but that's where training comes in.

Big Mack

PS - congrats on the new kid. 2 weeks old? Bring him in! Let him cry in there for a couple hours!! They'll be begging you to leave. Bargaining chip!!
Old 03-15-12, 12:30 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

I agree with everything else, but book hours 2x-2.5x actual hours? Where did you hear that fairy story?
Book hours at Toyota are crazy. And they get paid less for warranty hours and nothing for parts (they have to pay for them and they get reimbursement next month).

I remember when I worked for Toyota replacing short block and everything that it entails (taking out complete engine, inspection and then replacement of failed parts), Toyota book value was 6hrs-8hrs for 1 employee.

Definition of book value for Toyota - Time it takes for Senior Toyota engineer to do the same task, 3rd time. IE It can not be humanly done at that speed.

I think main problem here is employees at dealership need to be monitored better by owner and store general manager. they obviously dont want to pay out of their pockets but thats why GM has to step in and identify problems in his dealership and stop letting the mouses run the show.
Old 03-15-12, 12:58 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I agree with everything else, but book hours 2x-2.5x actual hours? Where did you hear that fairy story?
Not a "fairy story" at all. My SA told me this, as did several of the mechanics that I know that are/were Lexus techs. Perhaps not every single job is like that, but when he showed me the schedule, it allotted 1.4 hours to do an oil change that I do with no lift in less than 30 minutes. Tire rotation (no rebalance) was 0.75 hours. With a rebalance it was 1.6. You cannot tell me it takes 45 minutes to move tires from front to back, especially with air tools. Maybe 45 minutes if you include driving it in, lifting it up, putting it down, and a quick test over to the parking area, but even that is pushing it. When they replaced the seal around my driver's door, the book time was 0.75 hours. Removing the seal took less than 2 minutes (they showed me where the issue was, and the car hadn't been out of my sight for more than 3-4 minutes at that point), and the paperwork was ready in less than 30. I had the car back in my possession in less than 35 minutes, and the tech was already working on another job.

Book hours at Toyota are crazy. And they get paid less for warranty hours and nothing for parts (they have to pay for them and they get reimbursement next month).

I remember when I worked for Toyota replacing short block and everything that it entails (taking out complete engine, inspection and then replacement of failed parts), Toyota book value was 6hrs-8hrs for 1 employee.

Definition of book value for Toyota - Time it takes for Senior Toyota engineer to do the same task, 3rd time. IE It can not be humanly done at that speed.
I was simply relaying the information I was given by several techs and my SA. Things may have changed, and your experience may be different.

I think main problem here is employees at dealership need to be monitored better by owner and store general manager. they obviously dont want to pay out of their pockets but thats why GM has to step in and identify problems in his dealership and stop letting the mouses run the show.
Agreed! And that's really the bottom line here. The GM and owner are not doing the job here, and they need their butts handed to them for not doing so. Maybe Brent Berge will step up and do the job. We'll see...

Big Mack
Old 03-15-12, 01:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I texted the SA two days ago telling him that I cant have my glass changed with GEICO because they will not replace pitted glass. I also asked him to see if the manager will be honorable and send me the money for half of the deductible for the damaged glass on principle . I have told him before that I make plenty of money and I dont need to play games to get a new windshield. They damaged my car and I think its the least they can do. Also even if GEICO would replace the glass why should they have to come out of pocket when its clearly the poor work/care of Bell Lexus service?? I have been spending my evenings hitting any and every review site possible. There are soooo many of them . I wasnt even aware.......and i think thats what they are banking on when they screw people like this. I am going to write a letter to Brent Berge of the Berge automotive group and I am going to file with the BBB. I almost feel like texting him back and telling him I dont want the $250. I want to just jeep continuing to damage their rep and spread the warning about these inept service people
Old 03-15-12, 03:06 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask GEICO if they will increase your premium if you file a comp claim. I know some companied will since it IS a claim record.
Old 03-15-12, 08:06 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Open a BBB case against them, it will get their attention i did it to a jaguar dealer once..cause the car i picked up from them has a terrible air noise, they said they will replace the windshield, after i picked the car up paid etc, they never responded..i had the BBB case, the GM/director called me a day later, had everything cleared up in less than 4 days..

Also if all fails, its pretty easy to get a domain name/web page and share your experience with everyone..so everytime someone searches for their dealership..all the neg comes out..

You can also take them to small claims court..

I texted the SA two days ago telling him that I cant have my glass changed with GEICO because they will not replace pitted glass. I also asked him to see if the manager will be honorable and send me the money for half of the deductible for the damaged glass on principle . I have told him before that I make plenty of money and I dont need to play games to get a new windshield. They damaged my car and I think its the least they can do. Also even if GEICO would replace the glass why should they have to come out of pocket when its clearly the poor work/care of Bell Lexus service?? I have been spending my evenings hitting any and every review site possible. There are soooo many of them . I wasnt even aware.......and i think thats what they are banking on when they screw people like this. I am going to write a letter to Brent Berge of the Berge automotive group and I am going to file with the BBB. I almost feel like texting him back and telling him I dont want the $250. I want to just jeep continuing to damage their rep and spread the warning about these inept service people
Old 03-15-12, 08:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am going to file with the BBB. I looked into it and you can do it online very easily. I was waiting to see if they would even respond to my last text asking them to at minimum send me the $250. I will file a complaint with them and I will get back to you. I think I am going to file a complaint and I will not accept anything less than a new Lexus windshield and two wheels locks.....oh yeah an apology would be great. I am thinking even if they were to offer me what I want that I should refuse to mark the dealership with a BBB complaint on file. Everything I have read online has mentioned that this is a sure fire way for a customer to get them to respond. Apparently it's a big deal when they have a complaint with the BBB
Old 03-15-12, 09:36 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am going to file with the BBB. I looked into it and you can do it online very easily. I was waiting to see if they would even respond to my last text asking them to at minimum send me the $250. I will file a complaint with them and I will get back to you. I think I am going to file a complaint and I will not accept anything less than a new Lexus windshield and two wheels locks.....oh yeah an apology would be great. I am thinking even if they were to offer me what I want that I should refuse to mark the dealership with a BBB complaint on file. Everything I have read online has mentioned that this is a sure fire way for a customer to get them to respond. Apparently it's a big deal when they have a complaint with the BBB
Now that's what I'm talking about. Keep us updated on what happens!!
Old 03-15-12, 10:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I never understood what's the point of Corporate when they keep saying they have no ties with dealerships?

Don't they (dealers) get reprimanded if enough complaints are filed against them?

Don't they know that a bad dealership like this make "Lexus" in general look bad?
)
I work in franchising. I am actually the area operations manager for a major brand.

Everything is bound by the franchise agreement, it states everything that is expected.

In this case, the story seems almost to horrible to be true (I'm sure the OP is telling the truth) but I almost can't believe it.

Now, dealing with franchise owners, staff and managers is not easy. The area ops manager has to move cars, make corporate money and get the dealer to sell more models, in this case, I can't see corporate coming down on the franchise. Anger the franchise or let the customer go angry? Sometimes you have to have your frontline dealers back.

The issues are not easy to prove that the dealer did them. Pitted windshields that was noticed because of the sun? Missing wheel locks? 20 ± days with the owner not following up? And no phone calls by the dealer? And a scratched windshield from a long time ago?
Old 03-15-12, 10:47 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

The more I read into this, the more I think the dealership is trying to "mess" with you and play games.

Why would they keep, I'm sorry "diagnose" a car for 20 days / 600 miles and have it be driven home by the service manager, or whoever on a regular basis during that time? Sounds like someone had a "company" LS to show-off.

If Lexus corporate can't control their francise, they have no "backbone/spine".....they are weak. It's like an employer giving in to a crappy employee.

Sorry you have to deal with this, but it might help other members (such as myself) in the future. If doesn't go good...I will stop going to a dealership to get my car serviced like I have been since I've owned my car.

Oh yeah...$250 is a like a slap in the face for someone who cam afford ton drive this car and service it at a dealership.

Last edited by msgs350; 03-15-12 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Add
Old 03-16-12, 06:07 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 122 Posts

i would go into bell and act like i was going to trade in my car.going through the test drive.a very long test drive and have them go do all the paperwork and when it comes down to the signing of the paperwork i would at that time tell them where they can stick there new car.you will feel pretty good after that.

Quick Reply: Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ