Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-12, 07:05 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Just curious, coming from Colorado, pitted windshields are just a way of life..now that i am here in Georgia..no issues. But, being in AZ..could there be a chance a sandstorm came through or something? One time, I was driving in high winds on I-25 and a huge windstorm popped up and as dry as CO is, that sand came right across my cars windshield while driving 80mph and let me tell you...pit city on my glass. So, USAA replaced with no issues after my $100 deductible under glass replacement, not comp. The windshield wiper thing is an issue for sure as well as the missing locks and all those days..but just wondering if a high wind day while it was being driven could of caused teh excessive pitting. I hope things get resolved asap for you man
Old 03-17-12, 11:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am sure that the glass was in perfect condition because the glass was brand new and when I drive home I drive up a steep hill and every day when I am getting home then sun is shinning right through the windshield. When I took it in the glass was pristine . I noted for the first few days how clear the glass was relative to my last wind shield . In the case of my first wind shield that was damaged by Bell Lexus, I am 100% sure it was the tech. I am a hardcore detail freak and I had detailed the car a dozen times before the incident. There is no way on God's green earth that I would have missed a 36-40" arc shaped scratch in the glass for the first 4-5 months of ownership. It was also a pretty obvious situation since on the same suspected trip when the damage occurred that tech was ordered to replace the wiper blades. Imagine the tech changing the blades but forgot to turn off the automatic wipers before doing the install. The auto wipers get triggered and BOOM you have a huge arc shaped scratch that follows the track of the wiper arm
Old 03-17-12, 11:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
I had problems with the sister store, (further west on Bell). Years ago,They drove my GX to fix the brakes. Burned up 1/4 tank of gas. When called them on it I was told I was lying.....

That's just one of the AZ stories......

Actually all the AZ dealers are pretty bad. They seen to think they're the only game in town.
I thought Arrowhead Lexus was pretty solid. The customer service was solid and they are comparably price for service. I heard Scottsdale is a bit pricey but nothing insane. In the end they will all be pretty similar
Old 03-18-12, 02:41 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm basically subscribed to this tread, would like to see if they would do anything better to repair their reputation.
Old 03-18-12, 01:13 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
We don't know the owner or upper management would do. For all we know, the SA and the techs could have stellar records.

Lexus would also have records of customer service rankings for this dealer.

Also, I read Bell Lexus has a 5 star rating and over 90 reviews on google reviews.
Even if the SA and tech have stellar records, excellent ratings for the dealer, and 5 stars, one offs happen. This is one of those cases. It could simply be someone having a bad day, but the fact remains that the dealership isn't doing what it's supposed to do - and not just by Lexus standards, but by their own standards per the company website.

Tammer, did you reach out to Brent Berge at all? He needs to know about this regardless of any BBB outcome.

Big Mack
Old 03-18-12, 02:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I wanted to do the BBB complaint this weekend as well as the letter, but I have so busy with the new baby that I have had zero time. I will not let it delay me to long, even if I have to ditch my friends at lunch one day during the week just to have an hour to take care of it. Thanks again for your help BIG MACK
Old 03-18-12, 06:30 PM
LexFather

Sorry to hear about this issue. I hope it is resolved in your favor.

Old 03-18-12, 10:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sorry to hear about this issue. I hope it is resolved in your favor.
Thanks Mike
Old 03-18-12, 10:12 PM
Trexus

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

I feel for you. Hopefully Bell Lexus will step up and fix this. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how it's fixed that makes the difference.
Old 03-20-12, 12:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trexus
I feel for you. Hopefully Bell Lexus will step up and fix this. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how it's fixed that makes the difference.
Its sad and frustrating but they aren't going to make it right and they really did screw me. I need to get my act together and file a complain with the BBB. I have a rough draft of my letter to Brent Berge but I need to get that out as well. I am in my busy season and we had a baby 2 weeks ago so I am occupied to say the least. I will file with the BBB even if I have to wait a couple of months.. In fact I think I would rather to make them feel that I went away and then come back with the big guns ( letter to owner and BBB) just to extend the amount of time I irritate them.Like I have said, its their right to deny me service but its my right to keep writing negative online posts and keep filing complaints and writing letters
Old 03-20-12, 02:09 PM
Trexus

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Its sad and frustrating but they aren't going to make it right and they really did screw me. I need to get my act together and file a complain with the BBB. I have a rough draft of my letter to Brent Berge but I need to get that out as well. I am in my busy season and we had a baby 2 weeks ago so I am occupied to say the least. I will file with the BBB even if I have to wait a couple of months.. In fact I think I would rather to make them feel that I went away and then come back with the big guns ( letter to owner and BBB) just to extend the amount of time I irritate them.Like I have said, its their right to deny me service but its my right to keep writing negative online posts and keep filing complaints and writing letters
Be sure to tell all your family, friends, co-workers, patients/clients about this incident as well. I'm in my busy season as well and if a company has done me wrong I'll definitely let everyone know about it.
Old 03-21-12, 07:04 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Actually all the AZ dealers are pretty bad. They seen to think they're the only game in town.
Not all the AZ Lexus dealers! Lexus of Tucson has been nothing but outstanding since I moved here in 2002. Both sales and service departments have treated me well. I think it has a lot to do with the owner.
Steve

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-21-12 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 07:17 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
Not all the AZ Lexus dealers! Lexus of Tucson has been nothing but outstanding since I moved here in 2002. Both sales and service departments have treated me well. I think it has a lot to do with the owner.
Steve
I think you are correct that it depends A LOT on the owner. I've purchased from two dealerships in the Chicago area and have had nothing but positive experiences. While on the road I had to stop at the dealership in Chattanooga and they were great. In Springfield, Mo drove in off the highway with a nail in a tire and they got me right in. No charge for the tire repair because it took a little longer than they said it would.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-21-12 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 08:25 AM
Trexus

Originally Posted by oldcajun
Steve
It's tough if most AZ Lexus dealership are bad. It appears there are only 7 Lexus dealerships in AZ. In CA there are 37 Lexus dealerships. If one doesn't like one you can always go to another one. There are many choices...

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-21-12 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 08:48 AM
LexFather

If the dealership family owned or owned by a big corporation? I noticed that family owned dealerships are just run much nicer.

I've had everything from the worst to the best service in regards to Lexus. I take my $$$$ and move on. Atlanta has 5 dealerships owned by 3 different companies.

Sometimes I think some employees/dealerships need to have the "Lexus Covenent" around their ****ing neck since they clearly forgot it

http://www.lexus.com/about/corporate/commitment.html

THE LEXUS COVENANT

Lexus will enter the most competitive,
prestigious automobile race in the world.
Over 50 years of Toyota automotive experience
has culminated in the creation of Lexus cars.
They will be the finest cars ever built.

Lexus will win the race because:
Lexus will do it right from the start.
Lexus will have the finest dealer network
in the industry.
Lexus will treat each customer as we would
a guest in our home.

If you think you can’t, you won’t …
If you think you can, you will!

We can, we will.

Quick Reply: Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ