Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-12, 10:59 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Be sure to tell all your family, friends, co-workers, patients/clients about this incident as well. I'm in my busy season as well and if a company has done me wrong I'll definitely let everyone know about it.
Once Club Lexus knows, there's no stopping.
It's multileveling at work: 1 friend tells 10 friends, their 10 friends tell 20 friends.............

I'm sure lots of people are reading on the sideline and although some members don't post a response, they are aware of this crappy Bell Lexus
Old 03-21-12, 01:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Once Club Lexus knows, there's no stopping.
It's multileveling at work: 1 friend tells 10 friends, their 10 friends tell 20 friends.............

I'm sure lots of people are reading on the sideline and although some members don't post a response, they are aware of this crappy Bell Lexus
I am sure we have a ton of people who are now aware that Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ provided me with the worst customer service experience of my life. As a community we all help each other to avoid these inept dealers, service people, and even vendors.

Please tell everyone that BELL LEXUS SUCKS !!!

I want to take pics of my door frame so you guys can see how poorly put together the door panels are. When I tell them that the work is poor they say im to picky. The last time I was there I had them put the passenger door panel on the right way because it was so out of alignment that it the door panel was rubbing against the side of the dash and squeaking when I would drive on tuff surfaces. The drivers door panel was so misaligned that the black foam insulation was totally sticking out and there was 3/4" gap in the fit of the door. In their defense ( to be fair ) the foreman was embarrassed that he screwed it up so bad, but what the hell is their excuse on the passenger door. They hold it against me when they do ****ty work and I have to return. They also kept telling me over and over again that when they did the TSIB for the seat base in the LS that they got " charged back" because they decided to replace the passenger seat base ( on their own . I did not complain about the passenger side) to make it match. Lexus said hell no and they has to eat the $1200. Why is that my fault. They tried to screw Lexus and when they get charged back then all of a sudden I am a problem.
Old 03-21-12, 03:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by meowCat
^ That is the reason why I avoid going to any dealerships (or any place) for a rattle fix. I don't want them to take apart my new car. Removing door panels is completely out of question. For me, I would deal with the rattle...

It appears you use stagger wheels on your ride. That will certainly make your parts come loose over time, even on nicely built cars like the LS series. I would drive less, and hand-pick the road I drive to avoid all bumps pot holes.. And avoid driving in rush hour... as it's much harder to spot pot holes and avoid them.. This is one of the reasons why I bought the used car (Integra) strictly for work. We had a real bad hail recently and was ok coz my IS350 was in the garage.

Heck.. I won't even let my dealership to wash my car for an oil change service as I have custom DIY clear film protection applied on front end of my car.... who knows if the car wash guy sees it and wondering what da heck it is and may try to take it off with his finger....

I know this isn't helping your thread but I thought I should voice my opinion...
No. what you posting is great and valid. It shows me that I need to be more careful in letting these idiots work on my car. You always assume because its a foreman or even a certified Lexus tech that they would know what they are doing . In fact this is why I pay the higher prices at the dealership ( more like stealership). Its not just the nice loaner car and their BS small soda that they may give me from time to time.

This very negative experience has turned me off to Lexus service BIG TIME. I was about to jump ship and go to BMW but I didn't want to cut my nose off to spite my face....so to speak. I have remember that even Lexus corporate was totally useless that the Bell Lexus and their horrible techs and ****ty service manager are actually the ones to blame. I used to think they actually cared but in the end its a slap int he face when you realize that its ALL about the money. I am not naive and think they do the work out of the goodness of their hearts but at least they would hide it better. In fact I think that since I was there for 5 years that the service advisor and I became friends which in turn would lead him to loosen up around me.This led to less formality and poorer quality work because a lot of the time I would let stuff go because the SA was considered a friend. I even got him christmas cards and a gift card to babies R us when his son was born and he still treated me like this ( I know his boss is telling him what to do but damn....). I guess familiarity is the enemy of formality !!
Old 03-21-12, 03:28 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The last time I was there I had them put the passenger door panel on the right way because it was so out of alignment that it the door panel was rubbing against the side of the dash and squeaking when I would drive on tuff surfaces. The drivers door panel was so misaligned that the black foam insulation was totally sticking out and there was 3/4" gap in the fit of the door..
I am really starting to think that this thread/story is BS
Old 03-21-12, 04:22 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I8ABMR, quit wasting your time and energy coming up with a story like this because this is not believable.

Why would he waste time posting fairy tales?
Of course he can spend his better time with patients, but as an established member here, his bad experience from this dealership is posted so future aggravations from any CL member here can be avoided.

Every dealership will make mistakes, but it's how they rectify it will determine the type of dealership they are.

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Old 03-21-12, 04:32 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

It sucks to hear stories like this, but Lexus is still #1 in dealership customer service satisfaction for 4 years straight. Have you tried tweeting to Lexus? I know it's a long shot, but posting the link to this thread to their twitter may get someone's attention.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...-service-index
Old 03-21-12, 10:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

sadly it is the real deal. Do you have so much time on your hands that you have made up fake negative dealership service experiences ??? Me either

As a newbie to Club Lexus a little respect and faith in your senior fellow members is usually customary. Stop trolling and let us continue our discussion. Somebody like you made a comment to another member after his ISF was in the shop for 74 days. Again, why the hell would anyone make up something like that ?????? Your comment and its implication is offensive to be quite frank.

For reference the first time I saw the drivers door out of alignment I took it back in and the tech said he was really sorry and was quite embarrassed by the work and admitted it to me directly. The passenger door panel I only noticed when I was in LA visiting family. The roads there are horrible so the bumps were creating a creaking noise from the top of the passenger door. When I got to LA I opened up the passenger door and noticed that there was a little spot on the door panel that looked like it had been chaffed . Upon closer examination I saw that there was a little spot on the dash where the door closes. I then got into the drivers side and looked at the passenger side to compare to the drivers side and immediately noticed that there was a 1/4" gap between the dash and the door panel on the drivers side but on the passenger side the door panel was in contact with the dash. I then went back to look at the alignment of the door panel and notice a large gap in the fit of the panel ( towards the hinges ). I took a picture and texted it to my SA and he responded with an apology and told me to bring it in when convenient.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-21-12 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 10:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I8ABMR, quit wasting your time and energy coming up with a story like this because this is not believable

Why would he waste time posting fairy tales?
Of course he can spend his better time with patients, but as an established member here, his bad experience from this dealership is posted so future aggravations from any CL member here can be avoided.

Every dealership will make mistakes, but it's how they rectify it will determine the type of dealership they are.
Some people Thanks buddy.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-21-12 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 10:38 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Some people Thanks buddy. I think we have a troll on our hands
Take the higher road less traveled, then.

You're welcome for the assistance.

I would recommend getting the ball rolling sooner rather than later, honestly. I know you're busy, but the longer you wait, the more they assume you've gone elsewhere with your business and will not return even if they make it right (which you probably won't unless they fire these tools, and I don't blame you).

Stick it to them. It's bullcrap what they've done.

Big Mack
Old 03-22-12, 09:04 AM
LexFather

Let me explain something for you and others to hear. When someone like I8ABMR who people have met, who have shown his car multiple times, who can actually prove their existence, well they have a much higher authority and credibility than people with a handful of posts who no one has ever met who post mostly to rag on Lexus and refuse to post pics of their car.

The guy has been active on our forum for sometime and he gains nothing to lie. I vouch for him which basically means he has all the pass he needs and anyone who disagrees will be laughed at. Do you know why? B/C I've personally met hundreds probably thousands of members in person, I've broken my back for this forum and people on it, people know me, I don't hide behind a computer.

If you don't believe the story then the wise thing would be not to post in it anymore instead of telling him "the story is B.S" when he is a very credible member here.

Mike

Old 03-22-12, 12:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Let me explain something for you and others to hear. When someone like I8ABMR who people have met, who have shown his car multiple times, who can actually prove their existence, well they have a much higher authority and credibility than people with a handful of posts who no one has ever met who post mostly to rag on Lexus and refuse to post pics of their car.

The guy has been active on our forum for sometime and he gains nothing to lie. I vouch for him which basically means he has all the pass he needs and anyone who disagrees will be laughed at. Do you know why? B/C I've personally met hundreds probably thousands of members in person, I've broken my back for this forum and people on it, people know me, I don't hide behind a computer.

If you don't believe the story then the wise thing would be not to post in it anymore instead of telling him "the story is B.S" when he is a very credible member here.

Mike

Thanks a lot BIG DOGG !!! I appreciate the support !!

Originally Posted by meowCat
LexsCTJill is a super troll. I had a newb guy like him that caused troubles and derailed my entire thread (my DIY clear bra thread). Pissed me off a big time.

As for the issue with OP's door panel job, it's definitely crap. The workers at the dealership aren't taking their job seriously. It all boils down to attitude....

I agree its frustrating. It only insults the OP and ruins the drive of the thread. Still can't believe that someone would say that they think that this , or the other thread about the ISF in the shop for 74 days, would be made up. I seriously wish I had not erased those pics on my phone of the door panels. I would have totally posted it. With 2 kids I had like 850 pics on my phone and had to make some room and ended up erasing them
Old 03-22-12, 05:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs down Oh it's on like donkey kong

update: alright guys looks like the level of service has just dropped. I am in disbelief. I had an appointment set for this saturday at Bell Lexus' sister dealership Arrowhead Lexus for a 55 k service. I get a call this afternoon from one of the service advisors from arrowhead Lexus who told me in a voicemail that "we can not service your vehicle this saturday." I had a feeling this would happen because when I did the 2 or 3 dealership reviews it said that the reviews and my info would be given to the manager at that particular dealership. I called the service manager at Arrowhead, who used to be my SA there, and he told me that the manager at Bell Lexus is his boss and since I "blogged" about my bad experience that I am also not allowed at that dealership as well since they are owned by the same company and managed by the same manager. I called Lexus and they were floored. They didn't even know what to say. I told them I don't know why this manager is making this personal but since it is his right to deny me then its my right to blog about the experience as well. They agreed and said I have every right to voice my opinion. I am filing a BBB complaint and will be polishing up my letter to Brent Berge tonight.

Lexus corporate called me back less than an hour after the initial call and had moved to appointment with the Lexus field rep to a different dealership about 15 miles further than the initial place. ( no biggie ). I have to say that I am very pleased with the way Lexus has handled the problem but blown away at how poorly Bell Lexus handled it. So bottom line, if you have a problem at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ and you talk to others about it or do a review about them on a dealership rating site then they will axe you from all of their shops. I cant imagine a poorer work ethic and lower level of customer care. Its like having an issue and sweeping it under the rug. I was actually afraid he was going to pull some infantile BS like this and that is part of the reason I dragged my feet filing the BBB complaint. Its on !

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-22-12 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-22-12, 06:05 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

That's terrible, Bell Lexus is a disgrace... I'd be flipping' the **** if that happen to me.
Old 03-22-12, 06:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

file that BBB complaint already!!! :-)
Old 03-22-12, 08:35 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

You need to show some respect to senior members on this website. You're entitled to your opinion but as 1SICKLEX mentioned you don't have to post or even pursue this thread if you feel his experience is bogus.

Quick Reply: Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ