Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 10:41 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I8ABMR,

It's good things are going to get resolved.

If someone has Aiko Toyoda's email address, send your complaint to him, then you'll be in contact with the man himself at TMC (Toyota Motor Corporation)! I'm sure people would listen to him if he steps in.
Old 03-23-12, 11:46 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
update: alright guys looks like the level of service has just dropped. I am in disbelief. I had an appointment set for this saturday at Bell Lexus' sister dealership Arrowhead Lexus for a 55 k service. I get a call this afternoon from one of the service advisors from arrowhead Lexus who told me in a voicemail that "we can not service your vehicle this saturday." I had a feeling this would happen because when I did the 2 or 3 dealership reviews it said that the reviews and my info would be given to the manager at that particular dealership. I called the service manager at Arrowhead, who used to be my SA there, and he told me that the manager at Bell Lexus is his boss and since I "blogged" about my bad experience that I am also not allowed at that dealership as well since they are owned by the same company and managed by the same manager. I called Lexus and they were floored. They didn't even know what to say. I told them I don't know why this manager is making this personal but since it is his right to deny me then its my right to blog about the experience as well. They agreed and said I have every right to voice my opinion. I am filing a BBB complaint and will be polishing up my letter to Brent Berge tonight.

Lexus corporate called me back less than an hour after the initial call and had moved to appointment with the Lexus field rep to a different dealership about 15 miles further than the initial place. ( no biggie ). I have to say that I am very pleased with the way Lexus has handled the problem but blown away at how poorly Bell Lexus handled it. So bottom line, if you have a problem at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ and you talk to others about it or do a review about them on a dealership rating site then they will axe you from all of their shops. I cant imagine a poorer work ethic and lower level of customer care. Its like having an issue and sweeping it under the rug. I was actually afraid he was going to pull some infantile BS like this and that is part of the reason I dragged my feet filing the BBB complaint. Its on !
Get on to it! I would feel totally mad/insulted if they are doing all these to me!!
I am glad Lexus is fixing the problem but what Bell Lexus did is unacceptable and I will even pass the word out since I have a lot of clients who resides in AZ!!
Old 03-23-12, 11:55 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Sango
I8ABMR,

It's good things are going to get resolved.
That's not quite the situation just yet. Until it's resolved and they have an actual diagnosis, this is nothing more than a "bring it in, let's see what we see."

If someone has Aiko Toyoda's email address, send your complaint to him, then you'll be in contact with the man himself at TMC (Toyota Motor Corporation)! I'm sure people would listen to him if he steps in.
I have all of them at my other place. I just remembered that, and if you want them Tammer, just let me know. It probably wouldn't hurt to get everything in writing and advise them of what is going on, too.

Big Mack
Old 03-23-12, 01:34 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Get on to it! I would feel totally mad/insulted if they are doing all these to me!!
I am glad Lexus is fixing the problem but what Bell Lexus did is unacceptable and I will even pass the word out since I have a lot of clients who resides in AZ!!
I have a few clients in AZ as well. I'll definitely pass the word along...
Old 03-25-12, 07:26 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Trexus
Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I am really starting to think that this thread/story is BS
You need to show some respect to senior members on this website. You're entitled to your opinion but as 1SICKLEX mentioned you don't have to post or even pursue this thread if you feel his experience is bogus.
Seems a little strange that someone who seems to be less screwed by the dealership makes the news.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ermission.html

Me thinks there is more than one side to this story... You know what they say, it takes two to tango.
Old 03-25-12, 08:29 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

I LOL'd at people thinking I8ABMR is a fraud.

Whats up with this place lately! Haha, I am still laughing. He and I don't always see eye to eye, but I feel he has been around long enough that I can confidently say (based on his conduct here) he doesn't make things up.

Man, I have had a toyota dealer do this to me before. They blacklisted me from 3 dealerships in the region, so I could not get my car serviced within a 250 mile radius. Kicker was, the Service manager called my wife a ***** (b-word), and thats what started the whole thing. I called Corporate, and this was their course of action.

I took my toyota matrix down the street to the competing Honda dealer, bought a 2006 Civic EX (instead of the Used Lexus IS I was looking at that I really wanted) Pretty much just to shove it in their faces.
Old 03-26-12, 12:02 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I have a few clients in AZ as well. I'll definitely pass the word along...
Please do. I will be telling all of my patients

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Seems a little strange that someone who seems to be less screwed by the dealership makes the news.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ermission.html

Me thinks there is more than one side to this story... You know what they say, it takes two to tango.
I am so happy to read the article and see that the dealer in that case made things right. In my case because I have a history of nit picking because my door panels were on the wrong way, got upset that they had my car for 23 days with no diagnosis, and damaged my glass. Then when the manager didn't reply in 10 days I replied with a second email telling them to contact me within a week or I would call Lexus and share my experience online I get axed. No apology, no gift certificate or detailing like we saw in your story. Then when I did write a couple of dealer reviews and posted this thread my appointment for 55k service was cancelled at the sister dealership. In the managers eyes he spent a lot of time trying to unsuccessfully diagnose my problem and didn't get paid for it. So that and my complaint pissed him off. That still doesn't mean it gives them the right to take my car home every day , put 620+ miles on the car, and damage my glass. I am objective enough to see their frustration but I am blown away that they are totally ignoring what they did and had previously done to damage my cars or lose my parts ( wheel locks).

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne

Whats up with this place lately! Haha, I am still laughing. He and I don't always see eye to eye, but I feel he has been around long enough that I can confidently say (based on his conduct here) he doesn't make things up.

Man, I have had a toyota dealer do this to me before. They blacklisted me from 3 dealerships in the region, so I could not get my car serviced within a 250 mile radius. Kicker was, the Service manager called my wife a ***** (b-word), and thats what started the whole thing. I called Corporate, and this was their course of action.

I took my toyota matrix down the street to the competing Honda dealer, bought a 2006 Civic EX (instead of the Used Lexus IS I was looking at that I really wanted) Pretty much just to shove it in their faces.
Damn man I am sorry to hear this happened to you as well. Thats for the vote of confidence
Old 03-26-12, 12:06 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Hey , there is always two sides to the story. I am just saying So you go ahead and believe blindly what someone has said without hearing the other side of the story.
Not referring to your experience at all.
Old 03-26-12, 12:30 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like what you're saying is that he is giving both sides of his story but I may not in my case . Like I have said before , what I say is the truth. I have been objective in this thread even though I have been angry. There is no reason to make something up or bend the truth . I am sad to say it's all true. I hope that you will never have to go through anything like this. It only makes it worse when people make statements like yours. I have been a proponent of dealership usage because of the better techs and convenience but in light of what has happened to me it seems that the quality of the work is not stellar. In fact it seems like the loaner car is the main advantage. Im not saying they havent done good work for me in the past, but the quality of the work over the past 6 moths has been horrible and seems like since I complained about the two door panels being put on wrong and the damage to my glass after the 620+ miles and an undiagnosed problem. Seems like that got me axed from Bell and then when they found out I posted about my experience they said they didnt want me at the other as well. Pretty cut and dry.
Old 03-26-12, 01:31 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Hey , there is always two sides to the story. I am just saying So you go ahead and believe blindly what someone has said without hearing the other side of the story.
Not referring to your experience at all.
Sorry Dave, when I responded I had not seen your comment, was not inclusive of you...it was "other people" . You stated a fact, there is always 2 sides, which I agree with.
Old 04-02-12, 02:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I called the corporate office and got a mailing address that is more direct to send the owner. We are crawling here because I am in my busy season at work and I am dealing with a 4 week old baby at home as well as my 22 month old daughter. This entire situation has occupied my mind for so long and I honestly don't think these idiots at Bell Lexus will ever make things right. It sickens me that they will probably end up getting away with this ( probably already have). I am waiting on the BBB complaint because I dont want to **** any of the higher ups off before I talk to them. Hell, just writing a review online will get you banned from all of their dealership. I wonder what they would do with a BBB on their desks

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-02-12 at 03:26 PM. Reason: as discussed
Old 04-02-12, 06:09 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I think most dealerships sucks in this similar way, I don't trust any of them

I either fix my car myself or do it with my personal mechanic. I think is crazy to just hand the car over to a stranger without knowing who will work on it or who will be handling it
Old 04-02-12, 07:30 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I...Man, I have had a toyota dealer do this to me before. They blacklisted me from 3 dealerships in the region, so I could not get my car serviced within a 250 mile radius. Kicker was, the Service manager called my wife a ***** (b-word), and thats what started the whole thing. I called Corporate, and this was their course of action...
Out of WA literally? Wow!!

Did you bring in your uniform and ask the service manager to step outside?

I'm sure there is way around getting your car serviced. Just need someone else to bring it in for you and say it's their car and have it under their name in the system; it's not like they will check the insurance in the car if you get what I mean that it's still under you.
Old 04-02-12, 07:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BNR34
I think most dealerships sucks in this similar way, I don't trust any of them

I either fix my car myself or do it with my personal mechanic. I think is crazy to just hand the car over to a stranger without knowing who will work on it or who will be handling it
My question would be if something major went. Wouldnt the dealership be the best place. I have always serviced all of my vehicles pretty much exclusively at dealerships because when I would take it to small shops I always felt like they didnt know what they doing or they were lying to me. In the end I guess it just comes down to finding good people you can trust to work on your cars. Bell Lexus is not one of those places
Old 04-02-12, 07:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Out of WA literally? Wow!!

Did you bring in your uniform and ask the service manager to step outside?

I'm sure there is way around getting your car serviced. Just need someone else to bring it in for you and say it's their car and have it under their name in the system; it's not like they will check the insurance in the car if you get what I mean that it's still under you.
slick

Quick Reply: Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ