Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is Lexus planning on competing with the Infiniti JX? (3 row car based SUV)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-12 | 07:53 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by speedflex
That's easy. They're drawing a contrast against what will probably be the JX's main target... the MDX. Something I assumed as soon as I saw the JX concept. It's not original... basically the same strategy as those Audi A5 commercials which showed everyone robotically driving Lexus RXs.
And I understand the point but we all know their marketing has been a huge area of opportunity. Seems no brand wants to mention the big B work, Buick as it is also a 7 seater and outsells both on par with both.

Originally Posted by nikko2jzge
I'm a Nissan fan, but the JX is poop. It's like they got a focus group, took all the comments and created a lump on wheels based on random Nissan parts. Most midsized 3 row SUVs are not roomy, and usually all 7 seats are hardly used. I can't see Lexus loosing anything to it. Lexus should plan on competing with the G37 coupe if anything.
This. We beat up the Civic and other vehicles that debuted with lackluster efforts. This is completely lackluster. The old 3.5 V-6, a CVT only transmission, FWD/AWD and nothing "inspired performance" about it. All these years fanboi trashed on the RX and now here they are with a worse RX, bigger, slower over a decade late. Why the fanfare over something late? No new ground is made, its simply another 7 seat addition and to their credit, a smart move.

But gotdamn, 4 SUV lines and 2 car lines. Egads.

I hope if Lexus finally brings a 7 seat car based SUV it actually breaks some sort of new ground somewhere and not just be a late effort.