Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura RLX

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-12, 09:47 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I spit out my coffee
Old 04-05-12, 11:29 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This would make a decent Avalon fighter. And even then it would be a tough choice since the new Avalon looks sweet!
Old 04-05-12, 04:13 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T0ked
This would make a decent Avalon fighter. And even then it would be a tough choice since the new Avalon looks sweet!
Oh come on! It's not that bad!

This car is the premiere of the most premier drivetrain in the world. Genious stuff!
Too bad about poor sheetmetal and some weird color interior. And only 10 way power seats.

Only thing that this thing has going on from outside are the headlights. If they make it into production it will help RLX at least gt more looks by mid size luxury car buyer.
Old 04-05-12, 06:47 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi

This car is the premiere of the most premier drivetrain in the world. Genious stuff!
Too bad about poor sheetmetal and some weird color interior. And only 10 way power seats.

Only thing that this thing has going on from outside are the headlights. If they make it into production it will help RLX at least gt more looks by mid size luxury car buyer.
wheels and lights will certainly not see production... and powertrain might be cool but it is still FWD, with some 40-60hp at the back, which is nothing special. Good luck with 310hp at front in sports sedan.
Old 04-05-12, 07:11 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi

Problem is for their msrp, this is very mediocre. We're talking about a majority of the population which doesn't know whether their car is front, rear, or all wheel drive. Just going on looks alone, I would prefer the Avalon. A car can have the best powertrain in the world but if it doesn't compete well in the design/styling department, it won't succeed.
Old 04-05-12, 08:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
We should have a photoshop contest

Funny but if you look behind this thing in that pic, you can see an older Camry with a front end very similar.

Old 04-05-12, 08:18 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
We should have a photoshop contest

Funny but if you look behind this thing in that pic, you can see an older Camry with a front end very similar.
I'll take the BMW on the right
Old 04-05-12, 08:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'll take the BMW on the right
I'll take that One-Way sign instead

Old 04-05-12, 08:33 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the RLX got the front end from 04-07 TL than from a camry.
Old 04-05-12, 08:40 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'll take that One-Way sign instead
Looks sharper than the Acura beak
Old 04-06-12, 06:32 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
wheels and lights will certainly not see production... and powertrain might be cool but it is still FWD, with some 40-60hp at the back, which is nothing special. Good luck with 310hp at front in sports sedan.
I would not worry about FWD with Honda, if there is something they do right it's FWD. Previous gen TL-Spec Somethin was a marvelous machine and it was "only" FWD.

Having one electric motor drive each wheel is automobile done properly. After 200 hundred years we finally have some logic infused in automobile industry.

Like I said it's too bad it comes from RLX. Now NSX would be a different story.
Old 04-06-12, 07:15 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't find the car all that bad but I guess I'm amaze by the technology. I love new stuff or innovative stuff period. Acura could have definitely done better with the exterior of the vehicle and please one day put a V8 in a freaking vehicle. In this class I think the 5 series has the best exterior but I hate all BMW interior except the 7 series. Many would ask will they take this over the new GS honestly I would. I don't find anything special about the new GS. I think Lexus is trying to be something they’re not with the GS. Trying to outdo BMW. BMW
Off topic on my way to work this morning a shiny blue old GS400 flew past oh highway. The guy looked so happy. Big smile on his face now that was special.
Old 04-06-12, 09:51 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Originally Posted by T0ked
Problem is for their msrp, this is very mediocre. We're talking about a majority of the population which doesn't know whether their car is front, rear, or all wheel drive. Just going on looks alone, I would prefer the Avalon. A car can have the best powertrain in the world but if it doesn't compete well in the design/styling department, it won't succeed.
You do know the Civics/Corolla/Camrys/Accord sedans are some of the best selling cars in the country, and they look terrible. Americans are the worst when it comes to stylish cars. They're conservative.

Again, the design is decent. Acura still hasn't fixed their damn beak; they need to change that crap. The rear lights are actually very nice, and I LOVE the headlights. But man, that beak (although less stylized) needs to go. The tech is awesome, but it's still a concept. Let's see what it looks like and the final specs closer to release.

Last edited by doublehh03; 04-06-12 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-06-12, 10:06 AM
seanlee
Driver

no any other 370 house power or 4 wheel drive car/suv get 30/30/30. a technology improve fuel economy, driving dynamic, add more power while reduce cost/weight is worthy of compliment.

i know CL it is not the most object webpage to discuss non-lexus, toyota brand, but the amount of bias found in this thread is, well, quite disappointing.
Old 04-06-12, 10:19 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Originally Posted by seanlee
no any other 370 house power or 4 wheel drive car/suv get 30/30/30. a technology improve fuel economy, driving dynamic, add more power while reduce cost/weight is worthy of compliment.

i know CL it is not the most object webpage to discuss non-lexus, toyota brand, but the amount of bias found in this thread is, well, quite disappointing.
+1. All of the car "critics" are loving the tech/powertrains of the RLX. This was a very impressive rendering, after a disappointing ILX.

Quick Reply: Acura RLX