Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Celebrity Cars THE GOOD and THE BAD!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-12, 06:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

We know that Lindsay Lohan has wrecked two Mercedes SL65 AMGs with her notorious DWI-escapades, and that Paris Hilton had a yellow Lexus LF-A that her boyfriend gave her.

Was that good or bad? I don't see how wrecking two cars which, together, cost the better part of 400K is a good thing. As far as Paris Hilton goes, I'll leave it to your imagination as to what her boyfriend was getting in return for giving her a car like that.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-11-12 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-11-12, 07:20 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ochocinco also has the RR Phantom, and the Bugatti Veyron...
Old 04-11-12, 07:28 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BNR34
I dislike all the cars owned by David Beckham with black out headlights, that's gross
I do like the who blacked out rides, but I must agree with you on Beckham's Camaro.
Old 04-11-12, 07:33 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

The most common problem is they have overly large wheels that are low quality with bad conservative offsets. But then taste is subjective.

These are Michael Jordan:

I'm a little admittingly biased because I'm a HUGE Jordan fan. But I do like those I would give the canary a passing grade and the coal a B+.
Old 04-11-12, 07:41 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
What about Ochocinco's Prius?

Lol... I might want to ride the prius as oppose to Terrel Owens' drop top beetle.
Attached Thumbnails Celebrity Cars THE GOOD and THE BAD!-to-s-beetle.jpg   Celebrity Cars THE GOOD and THE BAD!-to4.jpg   Celebrity Cars THE GOOD and THE BAD!-to5.jpg  
Old 04-11-12, 07:47 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

i just want Jay Leno's cars. great collection and taken care of

insert pic(s) here..
Old 04-11-12, 08:55 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cartune
i just want Jay Leno's cars. great collection and taken care of

insert pic(s) here..
I'm not into all the classics but I would say hes probably the biggest car enthusiat celebrity. I would also wager that he has the best quality vs quantity collection out there. I pretty sure he keeps the majority of his collection stock, not my preference, but I can appreciate it, so I find him more of a dealership than a car owner if that makes sense.
Old 04-11-12, 09:48 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
I'm not into all the classics but I would say hes probably the biggest car enthusiat celebrity. I would also wager that he has the best quality vs quantity collection out there. I pretty sure he keeps the majority of his collection stock, not my preference, but I can appreciate it, so I find him more of a dealership than a car owner if that makes sense.
You've obviously never been to his website before... he's a huge aftermarket enthusiest
Old 04-12-12, 02:18 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
You've obviously never been to his website before... he's a huge aftermarket enthusiest
I have been to his website... He has around 273 cars listed if you just count the number in his collection which some are actually bikes, fixed engines and such. In custom built vechicles section he has 59. 59/273 X 100 is about 21.6%. Most of those look like hot rods which is technically aftermarket(He is an OG). So what percentage of his collection would you say is aftermarket? Better you do the math since you are more familiar with his collection than I am.
Old 04-12-12, 09:02 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
The best quality vs quantity celebrity owns collection is Ralph Lauren, every car he owns is best of the best special edition and the rarest. His collection is way nicer then Jay Leno. Jay is a millionaire and Ralph is a billionaire. Everything Jay owns is the best deal money can buy, he is a bargain hunter. Ralph's is the best money can buy, money no object.

But then I think Ralph is not exactly a celebrity, he is more of a businessman.

Example:

They both owns a Bugatti 57SC Atlantic, Jay's is a very high quality replica, worth about $500k~$1M, Ralph's is a genuine 1 of 4 example, the best unrestored example I might add, worth $40M.

They both own a Mclaren F1. Jay's is a regular model, 1 of 92, worth $2M~$3M, Ralph's is the 1 of 5 LM model, worth $8M~$10M.

Jay's cars are all in very good condition, but far from perfect. Ralph's cars are all perfect, flawless, showroom fresh.

I guess a billion is 1000X million, they have a different budget.

Last edited by BNR34; 04-12-12 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-12-12, 09:52 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

I guess a billion is 100X million, they have a different budget.
I guess your math is wrong.....it's 1000x hahaha with all joking aside.

I love to be rich and happy.
Old 04-12-12, 10:22 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I guess your math is wrong.....it's 1000x hahaha with all joking aside.

I love to be rich and happy.
You are correct, you got me! It is 1000x

Let me go correct that.

So Ralph's budget is 1000x higher! No wonder he got much nicer cars and Jay is a bargain hunter.........lol
Old 04-13-12, 12:37 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

The best quality vs quantity celebrity owns collection is Ralph Lauren, every car he owns is best of the best special edition and the rarest. His collection is way nicer then Jay Leno. Jay is a millionaire and Ralph is a billionaire. Everything Jay owns is the best deal money can buy, he is a bargain hunter. Ralph's is the best money can buy, money no object.

But then I think Ralph is not exactly a celebrity, he is more of a businessman.

Example:

They both owns a Bugatti 57SC Atlantic, Jay's is a very high quality replica, worth about $500k~$1M, Ralph's is a genuine 1 of 4 example, the best unrestored example I might add, worth $40M.

They both own a Mclaren F1. Jay's is a regular model, 1 of 92, worth $2M~$3M, Ralph's is the 1 of 5 LM model, worth $8M~$10M.

Jay's cars are all in very good condition, but far from perfect. Ralph's cars are all perfect, flawless, showroom fresh.

I guess a billion is 1000X million, they have a different budget.
Very true not to sure for the financial advisors of those 2, but my guy had a budget for my 'transportation' and I think it was about 15% of my annual income when I was looking for my DD. So you can see how much of a gap in budget that could lead to.
Old 04-13-12, 12:40 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Here is "Shaq" 's ride for sell. Was looking on autotrader for something for myself and found this.
http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Mercedes...0730101826524/
Not sure if I believe this was his ride... I remember him having a Porche but not this Benz o well... I'll mythbust that later.
Old 04-13-12, 05:45 PM
ATLSam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Atlanta and have seen Usher's Porsche Carrera GT at Lenox. Beautiful car.

Quick Reply: Celebrity Cars THE GOOD and THE BAD!