Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Police close in on 300 km/h motorcyclist in video

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-12, 01:31 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Police close in on 300 km/h motorcyclist in video

Police on Vancouver Island say they have several good leads on the identity of a motorcycle rider who filmed himself weaving through traffic at extremely high speeds on a busy highway outside Victoria.

In the video, the speedometer shows the motorbike rocketing past vehicles at speeds close to 300 km/h, passing along the centre line, shocking even veteran traffic officers and professional motorcycle riders, who have seen it.

Saanich police Sgt. Dean Jantzen says investigators have now identified the IP address where the YouTube video was uploaded, and think they are closing in on the anonymous account holder, so far identified only as Joe Blow.

"The IP address has led to an ISP which is an internet service provider. And from there it does take some steps to sort of drill down a little bit on specifically where it came from," Jantzen told CBC News on Wednesday morning.

But investigators are confident they know the geographic area where the video was uploaded and which they are matching with a number of tips from people who think they know the identity of the rider.

"There is a particular [name] that seems to be coming up time and time again," said Jantzen.

Police have also identified the bike as a Blue Yamaha, and are asking anyone who may have witnessed the high-speed ride to contact them.

link: http://news.ca.msn.com/local/british...ist-in-video-2

youtube link to video:
Old 04-18-12, 01:35 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Evolution.

Let stupid people kill themselves.

Just as long as they don't kill anyone else along the way.

That rider doesn't deserve to ride...
Old 04-18-12, 01:37 PM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol what a bunch of douch bags... Disturbing bologna! IF he crashed he woulda been dead, but he didnt so..... what a bunch of douch bags!
Old 04-18-12, 01:52 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

police are pissy because they cannot catch him and they know it. "Oh no we cannot possibly catch this guy if he does something bad and runs". lack of control scares them more than anyone else.
Old 04-18-12, 01:59 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalogerus
lol what a bunch of douch bags... Disturbing bologna! IF he crashed he woulda been dead, but he didnt so..... what a bunch of douch bags!
If I were to take my 400+lbs bike and throw it through the back of your car at 170mph.
You think you're going to be getting out of the car and walking around to asses the damage.

Dude was riding a missile.
Old 04-18-12, 02:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

just saw this on Autoblog. Close to 180mph 0_o
Old 04-18-12, 02:07 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dumb.
like previously stated, not only would he kill himself, but likely others as well as traumatizing witnesses.
im in the hospital right now after an 18 wheeler turned in front of me without using his signal. i had no where to go but in/under him. broken pelvis = plate & screws, fractured pelvis=wheelchair/walker/crutches 8 weeks, cracked rib. here's my bike, this was @ speed of about 45 AND decelerating as much as i could before i crashed into him.
Old 04-18-12, 02:16 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ProperD
dumb.
like previously stated, not only would he kill himself, but likely others as well as traumatizing witnesses.
im in the hospital right now after an 18 wheeler turned in front of me without using his signal. i had no where to go but in/under him. broken pelvis = plate & screws, fractured pelvis=wheelchair/walker/crutches 8 weeks, cracked rib. here's my bike, this was @ speed of about 45 AND decelerating as much as i could before i crashed into him.
ouch, this is why I pretty much have given up on street bikes....glad you survived
Old 04-18-12, 02:32 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Sorry ProperD but I am glad you are OK now.

I gave up on motorbike 10+ years ago, used to have 600 GSX-R and done stupid things......
Old 04-18-12, 02:44 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Reminds me of a similiar video i saw posted on youtube, but it was from Russia, that was crazy
Old 04-18-12, 02:46 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Idiot. All i have to say about this rider. I hope he gets caught. Reckless and idiotic is how to describe this rider. He put himself and countless people in danger. Fine his *** and take his bike.
Old 04-18-12, 05:10 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gray_es300
Reminds me of a similiar video i saw posted on youtube, but it was from Russia, that was crazy
ghost rider...
Old 04-19-12, 12:54 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamls2
ghost rider...
Ghost rider is Swedish
Old 04-19-12, 07:27 AM
jaseman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys like this give sportbike riders (and all motorcyclists in general) a bad name. It's one thing to wring out your bike (within reason) on a desolate back road, but when you pull stunts like this, all the public sees is a reckless a-hole aiming a cruise missile at traffic. I for one hope they find him, impound the bike, revoke his drivers license for life, and charge him with reckless endangerment.

Unfortunately now, the LEO's in that area will likely start cracking down on any sportbike doing even 5mph over the limit. Idiots like this don't see the damage they do to the riding community as a whole, yet wonder why cops are always harassing them.

Pull his ticket, and make it hurt.
Old 04-19-12, 07:31 AM
jaseman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProperD
dumb.
Ouch!

Really sorry to hear this. I've had my share of idiots turn in front of me, but luckily only went down once, and was able to get up and dust myself off. Wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Quick Reply: Police close in on 300 km/h motorcyclist in video