Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dropped my Daytona Charger and got new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-12, 10:04 PM
M K S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of suspension are you running? Those rims look great, I nearly bought them for my SRT8 300.
Old 04-23-12, 11:50 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice to see some clean American cars every once in awhile
Old 04-24-12, 03:57 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome muscle car combo ! Despite it's many issues, I am a big GTO fan and rather have one then a new Camaro or Mustang.
Old 04-24-12, 04:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Very nice ride. Those wheel look like they could be on a Viper
Old 04-25-12, 03:29 PM
05EX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by M K S
What kind of suspension are you running? Those rims look great, I nearly bought them for my SRT8 300.
I'm running dropzone springs with there dampners, but plan on changing them ou.t I't was a gamble but cheap enough that i can pull them off and resell them and not lose allot. Not firm enough and a little bounce to them so will likely go coilover route soon when i decide which brand.
Old 04-25-12, 08:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,350 Likes on 1,540 Posts

wow, awesome mods/drop/wheels. love how both your cars look - congrats! thanks for sharing the goat experience too... i've always thought it's a GREAT looking car. there's one in my neighborhood in kinda gunmetal type gray, that looks great.

amazing how 22's don't look huge on the charger.

again, thanks for sharing!
Old 04-26-12, 09:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Nice car, but from the video, how can it actually be driven without the wheel-wells rubbing the hell out of the tires? There seems to be virtually no clearance.
Old 04-26-12, 10:39 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05EX
I'm running dropzone springs with there dampners, but plan on changing them ou.t I't was a gamble but cheap enough that i can pull them off and resell them and not lose allot. Not firm enough and a little bounce to them so will likely go coilover route soon when i decide which brand.
Are you running them on OEM struts? Some of the 300 SRT8's (2006-2007 I believe) have self leveling struts which won't allow you to lower the car w/o swapping struts too. I'm curious if the Charger's are like this too. If not, buying used OEM Charger struts might be a cheap way for the 300 folks around buying new struts.

BTW, the drop looks really good - so do the wheels.
Old 04-26-12, 03:50 PM
05EX
Pole Position

MKS I also replaced the struts with dropzones it was a complete package, the Daytona models as well as the RT's with the Road and Track package come with the Nivomates(self leveling) shocks in the rear like the SRT8"s the standard RT's come with standard shocks if i remember correctly. If you plan on lowering with springs an aftermarket dampners I would probably go with the Eibach combo, or the springs of your choice with Koni's or bilesteins. But at that point when you start adding up all the cost of parts your close to the price of a decent set of coilovers which is what i should have done initially but hey 300.00 was tempting but not for me so when i switch up i'll sell them ad recoup some of my costs.

MMarshal The ar in the vide is not mine, I just posted it to point out my car is a mild drop compared to some others, and how its driven is very carefully lol but if i renenber correctly the lips inside his fenders are rolled completely flat and he's running stretched tires on 10" rims all the way around 245's i believe And i had to trim the rear fenders on my GTO just to run 255's on a 10" wide wheel

Bitkahuna many thanks for the compliments
Old 04-26-12, 04:12 PM
M K S
Lead Lap

^ got it, thanks for the clarification. What's next?
Old 04-26-12, 06:55 PM
05EX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by M K S
^ got it, thanks for the clarification. What's next?
Probbly ST coilovers or BC racing but they will be set to nearly full soft in dampner settings, I took out the gto today and dammit it felt like i could feel ever ripple and pebble on the road. Again it would probably feel better if i dialed it down but i went with the factory settings that they came with and im sure the full poly bushings dont help either so im hoping that on the softest settings i dont feel like im loosng a kidney. After that is exhaust Take a look and search for Solo exhaust for LX (our model cars) exhaust there tunable and you wont or shouldnt get the drone you would get from conventional aftermarket exhaust for our cars as there equipt with mds cylinder deactivation. But my plan is to get the suspension sorted so i can get on it before adding more or major power. Power is great for bragging rights and talking ish but useless without control or confidence in the car. Once that is under check i would like to a kenne belle supercharger, but that is way off in the future i have to prioritize so thats a hope and not really a need rght now. So exhaust, Intake, maybe throttle body and a diablo trinity is where i will call it quits till i get a power adder or something breaks, oh and eventually maybe a brake upgrade.

solo exhaust
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...harger+exhaust

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...harger+exhaust
Old 04-26-12, 07:54 PM
05EX
Pole Position

oh and please excuse my spelling mistakes my keybaord is fecked and unless i go slow and re read everything which i've tried to do...need to get keyboartd on laptop fixed
Old 04-26-12, 09:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

MMarshal The car in the vide is not mine, I just posted it to point out my car is a mild drop compared to some others, and how its driven is very carefully lol but if i renenber correctly the lips inside his fenders are rolled completely flat and he's running stretched tires on 10" rims all the way around 245's i believe And i had to trim the rear fenders on my GTO just to run 255's on a 10" wide wheel
OK. Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 05-02-12, 07:54 AM
LexFather

Now that means allot to me coming from 1sicklex as i've always admired his rides on here even when I was on back in the day under my old user name nycls400 i almost feel bonafide now....yeah buddy. Thnks for the recognition.
np mahn...well deserved..car looks great.

Old 05-02-12, 09:45 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Nicely done. There are a couple guys at my job with Chargers (1 red like yours and 1 a super bee) that need to follow your example. You're proving that nice complimentary wheels wheels and a drop can take a car to another level.

Quick Reply: Dropped my Daytona Charger and got new wheels