Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus GS 450h, Porsche Panamera S Hybrid, or Infiniti M35h?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-12, 09:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZsoarer
I just think it makes it look too retro. I mean the exterior screams futuristic yet the interior has light wood that says 80s. I would have liked it a lot more with let's say dark aluminum.
F-Sport gets aluminium... and then people complain it has aluminium and not wood.

For me wood is where the luxury is... leave silver, fake or real, to the germans and toyota/mazda/hondas of this world.
Old 06-19-12, 11:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZsoarer
I can't believe companies are still putting woods in their interiors.The GS is awsome looking except for the gaudy wood.
SO companies should stop using wood cause you don't like it? What gall!
There will always be a place for wood. I can not imagine a Bentley or Caddy without wood.
But I think there should be options. For sport cars I prefer no wood. But Lexus is a luxury car first and wood is appropriate. Not for the little CT or IS but all the rest wood fits.
Having options is the way to go.
Old 08-19-12, 01:07 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
To my surprise, the GS wins again. Looks like the new 4GS has won every comparo. We are so accustomed to losing them all that this is becoming curious. Makes me wonder if Lexus Corp has paid off the mags. Nothing to get up in arms about. In my day it was common for record companies to slip a little cash to radio stations to put the latest artist high in the rotation. Companies donate to the Police Athletic League for the benefit of riding around with police stickers on their car hoping to be immune from being stopped.
Lobbyists pany millions to get in the good graces of politicians. So I'm not above believing Lexus is capable of a little payola. I'm sure BMW has done it....how can their cars win comparo's repeatedly the last 20 years?

Why do I believe something like this is possible? As good as the new GS is, I just don't believe it could win an objective comparo against the 100K Panamera.
One thing came to mind when I first entered a Pan....butter baby. That thing was so sweet I melted. I didn't feel any emotion when I got in the 4GS.

The writer stated the Pan was a superior driving car. They said it shrank at high speed, meaning it was very sporty for such a big car. The Pan was faster as well.

The only attribute where the GS came on top....gas mileage. It wins one criteria and it wins the comparo? Against a 100K car??? Not in my book.

I'm am extremely happy our favorite brand is doing so well....but I am an enthusiast first. I am also a realist. The fix is in!
Sooo.....

Is Autobild on the take too?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...5-vs-m35h.html

Those corrupt Germans. They'll say and do anything, even diss their own beloved German cars as long as someone greases their palms. (sarcasm mode fully on.)
Old 08-20-12, 11:30 AM
LexFather

Now only if Lexus would actually advertise the GS 450h