Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

You do not punch it when turning, nor braking

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12 | 03:02 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
It does go to show though, even if you have $200k+ to buy a car, doesn't mean you have the brains to drive it
it is easy mistake to make though with such cars, but I am sure Labo has ESP? So he entered some kind of cool sport mode to be cool? Thats funny :-).

I think he slammed it and then just let go of everything back went over... if he slammed the brakes even after he lost control and when counter steering wouldnt have had helped anymore, i am sure he would have stopped before those cars... it seems like he screamed like a boy and let go of everything :P
Old 05-15-12 | 03:26 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

People need to learn how to drive.
Old 05-15-12 | 05:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by JessePS
People need to learn how to drive.
lol start from driving test
Old 05-15-12 | 05:53 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, money doesn't buy you everything
Money don't buy taste or intelligent.
Old 05-15-12 | 06:38 PM
ceo2be
Rookie

If I had that kind of money to spend on a car like that, the first thing I do even before I buy the car is to take driving lessons through Skip Barber or something similar.
Old 05-15-12 | 06:56 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

I wonder if the driver of that Lambo wasn't the owner of the car. See crap like that happen all the time when a teenager takes it out or if a service person takes it for a quick joy ride.
Old 05-15-12 | 06:57 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Driver needs to stick with Gran Turismo 5 where others don't get dragged into their poor judgement.
Old 05-15-12 | 07:39 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

If I was the other cars I would have mixed emotions... PISSED because this intellectual midget just crashed into my car, but would be kind of happy because its a lambo.
Old 05-15-12 | 08:11 PM
Roninsan
Rookie

I love my Lexus. Thank you very much.
Old 05-15-12 | 11:44 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ceo2be
If I had that kind of money to spend on a car like that, the first thing I do even before I buy the car is to take driving lessons through Skip Barber or something similar.
Originally Posted by spwolf
it is easy mistake to make though with such cars, but I am sure Labo has ESP? So he entered some kind of cool sport mode to be cool? Thats funny :-).

I think he slammed it and then just let go of everything back went over... if he slammed the brakes even after he lost control and when counter steering wouldnt have had helped anymore, i am sure he would have stopped before those cars... it seems like he screamed like a boy and let go of everything :P

Looks like power oversteer to me - maybe followed by trailing throttle oversteer and then ...

My guess:

He hammers the throttle too soon coming out of the corner while the car is still trying to turn and all that horsepower trying to accelerate the car takes all the turning grip away from the rear tires and the car starts to skid around (power oversteer.)

He than says oops and snaps the power off too fast. So engine braking kicks in only on the rear tires taking away turning grip from the rear tires (because the tire traction is now being used for braking) plus the weight is now off the rear so the rear tires still have no grip for catching the turn. No braking on the front tires and weight is now up front so front tires dig in with lots of turning grip while the back tires are engine braking and with less weight on them and no turning grip so the back comes around even more (trailing throttle oversteer). At this point he's over the yellow line and pretty much screwed.

In summary, too heavy-handed on the throttle changes - especially with all that horsepower.

Just my guess.

Or as Mr. spwolf says:
Originally Posted by spwolf
...I think he slammed it and then just let go of everything [and the] back went over... :P
I think the term the cops would use is: "reckless driving."
Old 05-16-12 | 06:27 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Buddy of mine in the Car biz heard that the car was up for repo and there was no insurance on the car (oops)
Old 05-16-12 | 08:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by passnu2
Buddy of mine in the Car biz heard that the car was up for repo and there was no insurance on the car (oops)
oooooo....... the plot thickens...!
Old 05-16-12 | 09:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

For one thing, look at what insurance for a Lambo costs.....especially for idiot-drivers like this. Even Flo would think twice about this one

Old 05-16-12 | 12:43 PM
LexFather

Its AWD too...same thing kind of happened at the local meet here last year, guy in a Lambo decides to gun it on a cold morning turning left just like this guy, loses it and wrecks the car in front of everyone.
Old 05-16-12 | 12:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Nice!

Quick Reply: You do not punch it when turning, nor braking