Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hi! I am new here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12, 12:54 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Too many BMW and MB owners I know bought their car as a reflex action : "Just because" it's a prestige brand without knowing a single thing about the capabilities of their car. Heck, I know more about their cars than their owners.

To me, everytime you drive a BMW/MB down the road, you're basically telling the whole world : "I lack imagination."

That's just my opinion. I'm sure there are genuine car enthusiasts among the hordes of BMW/MB owners out there who bought their cars after doing their research.

Honestly, there was a time when buying German made sense : the handling of BMW and certain MB's/Audis were untouchable compared to Lexus but that's rapidly changing - the ISF and new GS F-Sport are just as capable now and in fact their performance envelope may exceed their German counterparts. The only thing the Germans take refuge in right now is brainless horsepower one-upsmanship and the fact that their reliability is approaching something resembling normality.

Yes I know that many forumers and moderators here who own cars of different companies and they are true enthusiasts but to me they are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Last edited by natnut; 05-17-12 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-17-12, 09:07 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Welcome to CL.

I'd be interested to hear what some owners of Lexus' feel about their cars. Thanks!
I had a 2001 Lexus IS300...one of the few bright-yellow ones they did. It was arguably the best-built new car I had ever owned up to that time....though, IMO, the overall build-quality of several Lexus models went downhill somewhat, later on, after 2005-2006.