Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus F-Sport Fridays

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 11:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Lexus F-Sport Fridays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Ywl0a36QWDU

In effort to promote F-Sport, Lexus is going to have a series coming up call F-Sport Fridays, talking about different interesting topics. Be sure to tune in and look for future video clips!

Here's the note:

Ever wonder where the F in F SPORT comes from? Curious what the difference is between F vehicles, F SPORT packages and F SPORT accessories? Watch Jeff Koford, Lexus F SPORT Performance Manager give the details and make sure to tune in each week to #FSPORTFridays and learn the latest on our performance line.

Old 06-01-12, 11:16 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I think they officially say the "F" means Fuji Speedway, where they develop the F cars.

I secretly think "F' means F the world, Toyota is king in the world

Now Ferrari have FF, double the F?
Old 06-01-12, 11:29 AM
LexFather

You would think they would show the entire F-sport car instead of him standing in front of an IS and then with the door open. Can the viewer get to see the entire F-sport car instead of the speaker?

Its fantastic Lexus learned from L-tuned and came back with F-sport then listened to offer F-sport packages from the factory. The program has to be deemed a success as it continue to expand.

I do hope the dealerships get more training on F-sport and actually try to "Sell" the product b/c it seems like Lexus wants to support it but dealerships aren't behind the product. The ordeal I had trying to get basic questions answered about the F-sport brakes was ridiculous.

Old 06-01-12, 11:51 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Appearance packages don't cut it, but actual F-Sport trims such as the GS and RX that actually have functionality with their performance is the correct rout to go
Old 06-01-12, 12:24 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good opening episode, will be interesting to see what topics are covered in future episodes.
Old 06-15-12, 07:16 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Lexus Presents: F Sport Friday

F Sport Friday Series

Q: What is F?

A: F stands for Fuji, for Fuji Speedway in Japan. Fuji is the birthplace of F

F SPORT Fridays - Get Schooled on Lexus Performance Vehicles & Accessories

Ever wonder where the F in F SPORT comes from? Curious what the difference is between F vehicles, F SPORT packages and F SPORT accessories? Watch Jeff Koford, Lexus F SPORT Performance Manager give the details and make sure to tune in each week to #FSPORTFridays and learn the latest on our performance line.

WEEK 1:
Welcome to F Sport 101: Accessories

Watch the latest installment in our F SPORT Fridays video series on the performance enhancing accessories line. Learn how these track-tested components can help provide more power, greater agility and a more aggressive appearance for your Lexus vehicle.

WEEK 2:
F Sport 102: The Performance Triangle

For the second week of F SPORT Friday, a performance triangle details options to accessorize your Lexus vehicle.
Old 06-15-12, 07:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

IS 350 F Sport:

IS 350 F Sport Accessory Package:

Old 06-15-12, 03:07 PM
LexFather

Told yall the RX F-sport was coming

Old 06-15-12, 07:57 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

The RX350 F-sport is for sale in Hong Kong now and they it was only $1k more than their RX270 ultimate.......I'm hoping the same for the US
Old 06-22-12, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Class 103 is here. This time let's take a look at something different, how Joe Bacal turn a luxury LX570 into something else -- off-road racing

Old 06-23-12, 11:53 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

still wondering where TMG will fall in relation to F. AMG vs sporty accessories I am assuming. we will see what they do.
Old 06-24-12, 09:35 PM
LexFather

Interesting, thanks again.

Old 06-29-12, 11:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Latest Class 104. This time around Joe compares the IS350 RWD vs the factory Fsport package. The video is pretty good in illustrating the side by side difference between the two cars. Take a look!

Old 07-06-12, 04:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

This week Joe talks about the F Sport factory package vs F Sport accessories package

Old 07-07-12, 01:22 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
This week Joe talks about the F Sport factory package vs F Sport accessories package. . .
Humm, that navigation screen looks pretty wide. . .

Below are my 2-cents worth of talk on tracking the ISx50 / IS F:

From what I've read on CL, the transmission in the ISx50 is an automatic with gear limiting from the paddle shifters but not true manual shifting. Is that correct? Also, does this transmission provide rev matching on downshifts? (I'm taking my LS in for service soon and I'll try to get an IS250 loaner so I can test this myself.)

This video is about tracking an ISx50 and I think a track car needs either a manually shiftable automatic (as in the IS F, the Scion FR-S and the Porsche PDK, to name a few) or a true manual (as available in the Scion FR-S, Porsche and Lotus to name a few.)

So I wonder what kind of transmission will be in the next Gen IS.

Also, a no-sunroof option is nice as the extra couple of inches comes in handy if you're wearing a helmet (if you're tall).

The driver also mentioned balance. I would think the IS250, with the smaller, lighter engine, would be better balanced than the IS350 or IS F, although slower on the straight sections. This might make the IS250 more fun on the track (especially an F Sport with the accessories shown in this video and a good transmission).

Lexus could do a few more things to encourage their IS customers to actually track these cars if that is their goal:
  • Organize ISxxx high-performance track-day schools / events - maybe in conjunction with Skip Barber.
  • Provide (maybe extra-cost) warranty coverage for this type of driving.
  • Provide / arrange track-day insurance.
  • Provide "pit-crew service" (before & after a track day at a dealer or at a Lexus-organized track event) meaning:
  • Provide certified safety inspection (as required by most high-performance track day organizations and clubs).
  • Provide a quick service to install racing brake pads and high-temp brake fluid the day before a track event and the switch you back the day after.
  • Provide a quick service to install your race-day wheels the day before, store you street wheels and then switch you back the day after.
I would not expect Lexus to pay for any of these services, just make them available for sale at reasonable costs. All of the above services are already available from other third-party companies and I would think most experienced drivers can handle some the "pit services" stuff themselves, but having the above easily arranged and at reasonable costs would be handy, especially for novices or people who do not have pit-crew friends with a pickup truck full of tools and race-day wheels.

I recently test drove a Porsche Cayman S and I asked the dealer if tracking the Porsche would void the warranty. He said not at all and Porsche expects you to track their cars. (I did not verify this with Porsche.) He said modifications to the car might void the warranty.

Thanks,

Last edited by TerrySmith; 07-07-12 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus F-Sport Fridays