Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 05:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

C&D just did a comparo of four 4 cyl mainstream sedans that the new Accord won.

The order of finish:

Accord (211)
Fusion (202)
Altima (191)
Passat (178)
Old 10-18-12, 06:49 PM
LexFather

What about the one where the Passat finished first? We don't post those?

Old 10-18-12, 07:18 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

With that much speed and power to 60, I wonder about torque steer. C&D didn't mention it, which I guess means there wasn't any. Nothing ruins the punch of power more than when you don't have control over steering. If there truly was no torque steer, it should have been mentioned and discussed how Honda managed to erase it. \ This has been a boon of all manufacturers of front wheel drive cars and if one found the right recipe, it should be newsworthy.
Old 10-18-12, 07:33 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
With that much speed and power to 60, I wonder about torque steer. C&D didn't mention it, which I guess means there wasn't any. Nothing ruins the punch of power more than when you don't have control over steering. If there truly was no torque steer, it should have been mentioned and discussed how Honda managed to erase it. \ This has been a boon of all manufacturers of front wheel drive cars and if one found the right recipe, it should be newsworthy.
Under the Comfort & Control heading, they touch on torque steer:

"Heavy throttle stabs in low gears initiate torque steer, but more weight up front helps keep the steering-wheel tug well below that exhibited by hot hatches such as the Mini Cooper S and Ford Focus ST."
Old 10-19-12, 09:12 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That was last year comparo, this new article specifically talks about why the Passat was 1st last year and last this year, this old Passat have been smoked by the all new Accord, Fusion and Altima. The Passat is very boring to drive and look at, very vanilla like the old Camry's formula. Where the Fusion feels much more German.
Old 10-19-12, 10:40 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Co-worker just got a new Accord. It's a major improvement inside and out. Personally I'd still get a 14 Mazda6 or 13 Fusion but that's just me.
Old 10-19-12, 11:59 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BNR34
That was last year comparo, this new article specifically talks about why the Passat was 1st last year and last this year, this old Passat have been smoked by the all new Accord, Fusion and Altima. The Passat is very boring to drive and look at, very vanilla like the old Camry's formula. Where the Fusion feels much more German.
Haven't learned much I see lol

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/se...n/viewall.html

Read link

Old 10-19-12, 12:30 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XLE Camry vs. SE VW? "no passion" in it's interior? They must have driven a used car or a lemon. I test drove a new Camry with my g/f a few weeks ago, there were no creaks or any chassis flaws that make the car not soak up bumps. The car was cushy as hell. MT always goes to the same line "not rewarding to drive". These aren't sports cars. Family sedans are targeted for families. They can knock the Camry all they want, it still sells better than any car on their list, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.
Old 10-19-12, 01:21 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Those get posted too. It even has its own thead.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...t-sellers.html
Old 10-19-12, 05:25 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I have never been a Honda fan and think overall Toyota is obviously much bigger and better company.

With that said, the new Accord is an absolutely amazing car. I'm not shopping in this segment, but if I were I would def buy it over the rest of the competition.

It trumps the Camry in interior/exterior styling and the quality of its interior is superb. I loved the supportive seats and the NAV. Camry by comparison leaves much to be desired.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 10-19-12 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-20-12, 09:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I don't care much for the half-needle inside of the speedometer. Mercedes, I notice, does the same thing.
Old 10-20-12, 12:52 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

I don't care much for the half-needle inside of the speedometer. Mercedes, I notice, does the same thing.
Totally agree. This is a newer trend that's growing, all to make more room for data and computer information. I guess it's more of a what we are used to thing.
Old 10-21-12, 01:20 AM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
In the history of Camry, was there ever one that didn't look cheap and uninspired?
Yeah, the first 6 generations, even if the 6th Gen cheapened out the interior a bit, it was still far better than the new one.

The new Accord and Altima really make being a Toyota fan painful right now, because the Camry is completely half-assed and outclassed, not even a year after it went on sale. I kind of want Toyota to lose their sales crown, because it's the only way they'll make the changes they need to make to improve the car.
Old 10-21-12, 01:38 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
Yeah, the first 6 generations, even if the 6th Gen cheapened out the interior a bit, it was still far better than the new one.

The new Accord and Altima really make being a Toyota fan painful right now, because the Camry is completely half-assed and outclassed, not even a year after it went on sale. I kind of want Toyota to lose their sales crown, because it's the only way they'll make the changes they need to make to improve the car.
yet, they have never done better.
Old 10-21-12, 05:25 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I saw this car in person yesterday. I went to see the Garcia vs Morales fight, and this car was inside the venue. Really nice looking car inside and out. I got to sit inside and play around a bit. I liked the perforated leather seats and the navi screen. I did not ask how big it was, but it looked pretty big. I could be wrong, but I think it was bigger than what Lexus put in the new ES. Overall the car looked great. Yes, it's not Lexus but the quality is really nice, did not look cheap at all. The rear of the car looked too much like the current Genesis though.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord