Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-12, 09:17 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Uhhh you are the same guy trying to compare a 5 series to an accord lol.

Lexus had had LED headlights and DRLs for ages now including world firsts. The Lexus LEds are designed to look like an L and the new LS is an led tube. It's not just some random design. It has a true purpose.

In typical fashion honda/acura are late and in another slap to Acura a Honda has led DRLs before they do.
We're talking about what looks like xmas lights.

I don't care who's first or last or what shape they're in. I'm not partial to either. I don't let biases cloud what I see.
They BOTH look like xmas lights.

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Sorry, try again.

Accord lights:

Lexus (ES) lights:

So clearly there is a difference .
Sorry dude, try again.

They both have "tubes" with leds "integrated" in similar ways.

Here are closeups-

http://wot.motortrend.com/files/2012...-closeup11.jpg

http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-1280x782.jpg

Last edited by pman6; 11-11-12 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-11-12, 09:40 AM
LexFather

^^ WHO CARES. This is a Lexus forum, who cares that an Accord has LEDs as an OPTION on certain models? Seriously who really cares? Big deal, OMG LEDs, after everyone else. X-mas lights, L-shaped, vertical, horizontal who cares. What is exciting for you is something thats been around ages now.

What you need to be concerned with and what you need to get irrate about is the laughable fact that an ACCORD has LED DRLs before Acura. Another joke

Next thing we are going to hear how the LED headlights in the RL are so awesome even though they are 7 years after Lexus. lmfao

Old 11-11-12, 10:24 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

^
What do you mean who cares? This is a car forum, people talk about cars, options, features, value, what they like, what they don't like, etc. Everyone has their own taste and opinion and that's what makes these messages interesting. You may not find it interesting, but others may. =)

Anyway, I'll chime in and say I think the Honda's look cleaner than the Lexus, but both have a slight Christmas light look to them. Audi's facelifted A4, A5, and new A6/7 have the slickest IMO.
Old 11-11-12, 12:30 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
^
What do you mean who cares? This is a car forum, people talk about cars, options, features, value, what they like, what they don't like, etc. Everyone has their own taste and opinion and that's what makes these messages interesting. You may not find it interesting, but others may. =)

Anyway, I'll chime in and say I think the Honda's look cleaner than the Lexus, but both have a slight Christmas light look to them. Audi's facelifted A4, A5, and new A6/7 have the slickest IMO.
I agree on the caring and opinions here on car topics.Also on the looks of the LEDs on the vehicles.
Audi by far is the best LED look.
Old 11-11-12, 02:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
^

Honda's look more like aftermarket addition to me... they didnt change the design of the headlight, just added a strip.

Just like Euro Civic - it has LEDs standard... but they are in bumper, and end up looking like a kit you got from ebay.
Old 11-11-12, 02:32 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
Honda's look more like aftermarket addition to me... they didnt change the design of the headlight, just added a strip.

Just like Euro Civic - it has LEDs standard... but they are in bumper, and end up looking like a kit you got from ebay.
Compared to Audi,they all look like a aftermarket kit to me.Aftermarket looking or not,I still like the look.

Last edited by Joeb427; 11-11-12 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-11-12, 02:40 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally Honda is starting to put out nice looking cars again. Both the new Accord Sedan and Coupe look good. I hope Acura now follows and starts designing good looking cars again. I've never been particularly brand loyal. I've always just bought whatever looks good at the time. Yes, looks is one of my most important buying criteria. I don't keep cars long enough to worry about long term reliability.
Old 11-11-12, 04:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Compared to Audi,they all look like a aftermarket kit to me.Aftermarket looking or not,I still like the look.
well people wanted us to compare things... new ones in LS are perfect... new IS also looks to have great design.

Old 11-11-12, 04:43 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
well people wanted us to compare things... new ones in LS are perfect... new IS also looks to have great design.

I love the way each LED is separate looking like Audi (unlike the Accord,ES blending look) but would prefer a white illumination but it's very nice.

Last edited by Joeb427; 11-11-12 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-11-12, 11:31 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every '13 Accord I've seen out and about has been fully loaded EX-L's and V6s. They look good.
Old 11-11-12, 11:36 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
Every '13 Accord I've seen out and about has been fully loaded EX-L's and V6s. They look good.
Same here. I've yet to see one below the EX grade.

Interestingly, I recently saw one from behing at night and the LED tails with connecting chrome strip threw me into thinking it was a new ES. I've got to memorize the look since both cars are new.
Old 11-11-12, 11:51 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pman6
We're talking about what looks like xmas lights.

I don't care who's first or last or what shape they're in. I'm not partial to either. I don't let biases cloud what I see.
They BOTH look like xmas lights.

Sorry dude, try again.

They both have "tubes" with leds "integrated" in similar ways.

Here are closeups-
Keep trying. Your closeups are at side angles, in bright daylight where you can't make out what the LEDs look like in reality. Also pictures do not capture the brightness and intensity of the lights in person. At the very least, I posted head-on pictures that more closely resemble how the lights appear in person.

So the fact remains that the Accord lights in person look like tacked-on aftermarket Christmas tree lights, while the Lexus lights *in person* look like solid LED beams of light.
Old 11-11-12, 11:52 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
S

So clearly there is a difference to how Lexus and Honda implemented LEDs. All the Lexus vehicles use an LED tube, with integrated LEDs. Also noticed how clean and integrated the LED tube looks with the rest of the headlamp assembly, and notice the tight spacing between the LED lights themselves. Now look at the Honda implementation. It is NOT an LED tube, but a simple basic strip of LEDs on the bottom of the headlamp assembly. The LEDs are spaced farther apart, giving them a cheap tacky appearance, and also makes it look like a tacked-on aftermarket accessory.
Actually, the Lexus LED is just like the Honda. In real life, you can see the bulbs' separation just like the above Honda. An RX350 pulled up behind me and I it was the first thing I noticed about the DRL. It only looks even in the picture above because of the photographer's flash.

Either way, I prefer not to have those DRL. They all look tacky and prefer to go back in the old days where headlights are meant to light up the road at night. Half the people don't even know what DRL are for anyways.
Old 11-11-12, 11:55 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
Actually, the Lexus LED is just like the Honda. In real life, you can see the bulbs' separation just like the above Honda. An RX350 pulled up behind me and I it was the first thing I noticed about the DRL. It only looks even in the picture above because of the photographer's flash.

Either way, I prefer not to have those DRL. They all look tacky and prefer to go back in the old days where headlights are meant to light up the road at night. Half the people don't even know what DRL are for anyways.
Strongly disagree, but to each their own. In person, yes you can make out the individual LEDs on Lexus vehicles, but they look integrated into a solid beam of light, which is how it appears to me in person. A clean, integrated look.

The Accord lights in person, each LED bulb looks distinct and separate, like Christmas tree lights. They don't look integrated in person, but to each their own.

This is where I can only agree to disagree.
Old 11-12-12, 04:38 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg

DRL's are not made for seeing, they're made to be seen.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord