Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-12, 11:09 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish Honda a huge success on this accord so that they have enough money to R and D something like S2000 again.
Old 06-23-12, 11:16 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
What "double-dash" are you refering to, Mike? The Civic, of course, has had the split-level dash with the digital speedometer and electronic/analog tach for several years. But are you talking about the new Accord? I don't see any evidence of that....and Bangle, of course, did not come with the Civic-type double-dash.
If I may speak for Mike, he's referring to the now common driver side dash that flows into another center dash where the screen is housed. BMW started it and several companies have followed.

BMW 7

MB S-Class

Old 06-23-12, 11:32 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
If I may speak for Mike, he's referring to the now common driver side dash that flows into another center dash where the screen is housed. BMW started it and several companies have followed.

BMW 7

MB S-Class

That's what I was thinking as well.
Old 06-23-12, 11:37 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
OK, Thanks, J-P-L. That clears it up. Yes, I have to admit, it isn't bad-looking.....IMO, a lot better than some of the other things Chris Bangle came up with.
Old 06-23-12, 11:54 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the upper part of the interior, but the lowerpart looks plain. The new Altima interior still looks better.

But personally, I think the new Jetta's interior is the most handsome, classy and has good quality.
Old 06-23-12, 11:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
But personally, I think the new Jetta's interior is the most handsome, classy and has good quality.
Well, I respect your opinion, but a lot of people disagree. Much in the auto press and magazines has been written on how the new American-market Jetta's chassis, fit/finish, and interior have been markedly cheapened over previous models, due to cost-cutting. Same, to an extent, with the new Honda Civic.
Old 06-23-12, 04:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Well, I respect your opinion, but a lot of people disagree. Much in the auto press and magazines has been written on how the new American-market Jetta's chassis, fit/finish, and interior have been markedly cheapened over previous models, due to cost-cutting. Same, to an extent, with the new Honda Civic.
i have been in well equipped European Jetta and it had shockingly bad materials inside for the price... it "looks" fine, but if you touch pretty much anything, it turns out to be Yaris quality plastics. Well, less than Yaris, since Yaris has some soft padding on doors while Jetta does not.

So maybe on pics it looks good, but once inside, not so much. European press complained a lot about this as well. I am surprised they didnt modify it more for Europe.
Old 06-23-12, 10:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Well, Mike, I guess my mind was somewhere else when I was doing the typing. I wanted to say Passat, not Jetta. How do I want to bring in a car from lower segment into the comparison.
Old 06-23-12, 10:54 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why does everyone hate on Chris Bangle? I loved how his designs made the models unique - they didn't all look same as the new models are beginning to ...

He did amazing work (IMO) on the 3 and 5 series

Old 06-24-12, 09:04 PM
LexFather

^^ I was a Bangle hater but now I see him as a ****ing genius. He was way ahead of his time and his influence is felt today.

New Accord will do well, no way will Honda drop the ball on this.

Old 06-24-12, 09:36 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that they got rid of all the buttons on the center stack gets from me.
Old 06-25-12, 10:09 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Spied in the Desert! 2013 Honda Accord Coupe

Spy shooters have been busy this week in Death Valley and we have received dozens of shots of the 2014 Acura RLX, 2013 Accord Sedan, and 2013 Accord Coupe.

Below is a set of shots of a paisley-wrapped 2013 Accord Coupe from Brenda Priddy. Based upon the leather interior, 215/55R17 tires, and single exhaust outlet - this is almost certainly a 4-cylinder EX-L model.

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1072100
Old 06-25-12, 10:10 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New spy shots reveal more details of the 2013 Accord interior!

We've exposed the 2013 Honda Accord in greater detail than ever before thanks to our razor-sharp shots of a prototype's uncovered interior. We can now see the Accord's new instrument cluster, its new LCD screen, the new center stack controls, all while proving that the next Accord will have Pandora radio functionality. We've also proved that the engineers in this particular prototype love them some Celine Dion radio, but that's another story.

Also encouraging is the fact this prototype is equipped with a manual transmission, hopefully keeping driving enthusiasts in the equation.

We also have a new selection of exterior shots of both the Accord Coupe and the Accord sedan, with detailed shots of some of the headlight and tail-light details.

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1073687
Old 06-25-12, 10:18 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Celine Dion. NICE!
Old 06-25-12, 10:42 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Guarantee you it will have the CROSSTURD front end styling. I can already see it...

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord