Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-12, 07:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Me too. These cars have gotten longer with every generation.
I just looked at the '12 Accord specs and I was surprised to see it's 5.7" longer than the Camry.194.9" to 189.2".
I can see why it was shortened a bit.
Old 08-08-12, 07:21 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I just looked at the '12 Accord specs and I was surprised to see it's 5.7" longer than the Camry.194.9" to 189.2".
I can see why it was shortened a bit.
I didn't realize the current Accord was that much longer than the Camry, although isn't it considered a full size sedan now?.

Just like the new ES, I need to see the new Accord in person.
Old 08-08-12, 07:22 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I really hope the new Accord has better interior quality than the Civic. The article mentioned Honda sources said that they are improved, but who knows...
Old 08-08-12, 07:27 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I didn't realize the current Accord was that much longer than the Camry, although isn't it considered a full size sedan now?.

Just like the new ES, I need to see the new Accord in person.
Bob,it's 3.8" longer than our ES.

The Accord looks much better and nice to me but true, it must be seen on the road.
Old 08-08-12, 08:40 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
If I may speak for Mike, he's referring to the now common driver side dash that flows into another center dash where the screen is housed. BMW started it and several companies have followed.
honestly, it doesnt look like that whatsoever... looks ok though. Like Euro Accord I guess... not bad, but not that awesome either.
Old 08-08-12, 08:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by hypervish
I really hope the new Accord has better interior quality than the Civic. The article mentioned Honda sources said that they are improved, but who knows...
Accord is higher class of vehicle so of course it has higher quality regardless.
Old 08-08-12, 09:47 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Job Honda. This is huge after the Civic flop in terms of public reception. Now let's see what the interior looks like next month.

The coupe always looked beautiful. Nice evolutionary changes, which makes it looks even nicer.
Old 08-08-12, 10:18 AM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Shape is a little bit too similar to the current one for my tastes, but it looks okay. Regardless, the mass public will still buy it. The competition is tough though with the new Altima just coming out. Lets see if the Accord can beat the Altima's 38 mpg.
Old 08-08-12, 10:40 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
holy genesis sedan rear end batman

F - A - I - L

95% copy from Genesis, Honda is following Hyundai now? Pathetic.
Old 08-08-12, 10:44 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

I like the fact that the new front end has a more slanted, less upright look than the current Accord. Most of the new German models have almost vertical front ends, probably due to the new European pedestrian front impact law or something, are less sporty looking especially when being looked at from the side.
Old 08-08-12, 11:08 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Not overwhelmed by anything I'm seeing. The bulbous and tall front hood on the Coupe is flat out ugly and not sporty one bit. On the sedan, the rear has been seen for four years already on the Genesis, the front is very generic, and the side looks just like the last Accord, which we've seen for five+ years already. These demerits will make the car age faster and give the competition a chance to step ahead with their upcoming releases.
While the Accord's role is to appeal to the masses, I still worry cars like the Sonata and others are going to continue eating into Accord (and Camry) sales. People who once chose Accords and Camrys because they had a good reputation can now choose other more dynamic models which now also have a good reputation. The playing field is different today. I don't think Honda and Toyota have the level of fear in them needed to stay ontop.
Old 08-08-12, 12:08 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by memasterac

95% copy from Genesis, Honda is following Hyundai now? Pathetic.
I dunno...
I'd rather have a Honda that looks like a Hyundai much more than a Hyundai that looks like a Honda

Last edited by bagwell; 08-08-12 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-08-12, 12:33 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i like the sedan more than the coupe. big coupes belong in late 90s and early 2000s, the market for them are getting smaller. the coupe looks exactly like the current model, the sedan however although looks similar to Genesis but at least it's different from the current generation.
Old 08-08-12, 01:47 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

beautiful for honda accord....................it will sell well with that look.
Old 08-08-12, 02:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Not overwhelmed by anything I'm seeing. The bulbous and tall front hood on the Coupe is flat out ugly and not sporty one bit. On the sedan, the rear has been seen for four years already on the Genesis, the front is very generic, and the side looks just like the last Accord, which we've seen for five+ years already. These demerits will make the car age faster and give the competition a chance to step ahead with their upcoming releases.
While the Accord's role is to appeal to the masses, I still worry cars like the Sonata and others are going to continue eating into Accord (and Camry) sales. People who once chose Accords and Camrys because they had a good reputation can now choose other more dynamic models which now also have a good reputation. The playing field is different today. I don't think Honda and Toyota have the level of fear in them needed to stay ontop.
That's a good point. My guess is that with new models, Accord, Camry and Altima will still lead this segment in sales, and as the article said, these days they are sharing more of the pie with Fusion, Malibu, Sonata and Optima.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord