Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MotorTrend:There Can Be Only One Musclecar Champion (ZL1 vs GT500) = Showdown!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-12, 06:00 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default MotorTrend:There Can Be Only One Musclecar Champion (ZL1 vs GT500) = Showdown!!

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. 2013 Ford Shelby GT500
Title Fight: There Can Be Only One Musclecar Champion

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz1yzv6hu2h

One of the best Comparos in a long time (Very Fair) -- Read for yourself who is the Champion, who is quicker or who is better?

Old 06-27-12, 07:41 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Great Article. Every mustang I have owned always rode like a stiff log. That's exactly why my rebuild project is recieving a modern stiff chassy, Independent rear, and bigger rotors and brakes for the track. The independent rear on new mustangs would set it over the top.

"Then, when the next-generation Mustang and its long-awaited independent rear suspension debuts, followed by the next-generation, Alpha-platform Camaro, we'll do it all over again"
Old 06-27-12, 08:05 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I wonder how the Z600 would do against them? http://www.Z600Camaro.com

THE BLACK MAGIC PACKAGE INCLUDES;

E-Force SuperCharger System dyno tested, with 5year 100k warranty

"Now you can take an already high performance street car to the next level with an Edelbrock EForce Supercharger! This supercharger package is exclusively tailored for the V8 Camaro SS, and will allow you to boost your performance to a whole new level. The unique features are the 12" long intake runners that allow for maximum low end torque. The compact design fits under the stock hood and compliments the clean look of the engine compartment. Since it meets Federal Clean Air Act requirements the Warranty Coverage is Nationwide for 5 years and up to 100,000 mile warranty. And the best part is it's installed by professional trained and GM Certified Technicians at Tom Oates Automotive, the only Dealer that has won 2 National Championships in SCCA racing Camaro.

Exclusive Black Chrome SPYDER Style Wheels.

The unique look of the powder coated, clear coated BLACK chrome wheel sets these fast muscle cars apart from the rest. These specially treated wheels are done to the factory high polished aluminum forged wheels and are also warranted 5 years or 100,000 miles. This BLACK Chrome finish is much easier to care for than the polished aluminum that you continually need to shine; even still the polished aluminum never gets the luster of Chrome. Finish is Warrantied 5 years 100,000 miles.

Adjustable Sport Suspension Package

The lower profile look afforded by the Sport Spring Package make these great looking cars look even better and handle better. Adjustable sway bars front and back. More precise turn in and feel is something you'll enjoy every time you turn the wheel in your Supercharged Black Magic.

Power Flow Exhaust System

Super sound, a great rumble at idle and even better throttle response comes out of this true dual exhaust upgrade with larger 4.5" tips.

Hurst Retro Style Short Throw

Precise shifting is important when controlling 600 ponies and thisHurstbillet retro style White Ball Close Ratio shifter does it with ease.

Heritage Supercharged Badging

Tastefully done the chrome Supercharged lettering is a subtle reminder at what lurks under the hood of these true Muscle Cars. Special black out trim details .

Cold Air Intake System

A million mile reusable air filter element plus the ability to channel cooler air to feed the monster powerplants is key component to the Supercharger system

Letter of Authenticity and Limited Production

Who knows what anything is going to be worth in the future, but one thing is certain and that is without proper documentation your investment won't have had a chance of appreciating, so each Black Magic Custom is properly documented and numbered since just a few are built each model year.

Last edited by bagwell; 06-27-12 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-30-12, 08:39 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 06-30-12, 09:30 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Yeah I don't agree with these results at all. Mustang is far more livable/functional than the Camaro, better interior, and gets better fuel economy to boot. Wonder how much Chevy had to pay the publishers
Old 06-30-12, 11:55 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

The editor must have a chip in his shoulder. I wonder if he owned one of the recalled Explorers back in the early 2000's, lol.
Old 06-30-12, 12:01 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CD has the same comparo on their newest issue. Even though Camaro wins again, I would still get the GT500 just for the bragging right!
Old 06-30-12, 01:21 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
CD has the same comparo on their newest issue. Even though Camaro wins again, I would still get the GT500 just for the bragging right!
I just read that comparo and the results were close Camaro 210 points and Mustang 206 points. With cars like these finishing so close to each other it comes down to personal preferences by the testers. I'd lean towards the Camaro but couldn't go wrong with either car.
Old 07-01-12, 07:14 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

"With 662bhp, this supercharged 4-cam V-8 is the most powerful engine in a North American production car"

"CD"