Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Florida to tax Hybrid owners for not using enough gas? What?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-12, 12:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
as a matter of fact that problem is created by state for building way too many unnecessary roads ...
there it is again... unnecessary roads??? do give examples!

Originally Posted by rominl
so you saying no one in california should be allowed to discuss financial situation?
no, of course not. but as they say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

what you said is exactly what i think is wrong.
how do you really feel?

just keep on increasing taxing or money collection with the goal of trying to achieve budget balance. the "ha" part of being more efficient is exactly what it should be.
i absolutely agree! i'm not one to typically be in favor of higher taxes. but i do know from experience that building or repairing roads is EXPENSIVE and not something a state can just decide not to do (unless it become like michigan which is a disagrace as it used to have good roads ).

so roads have to be created as population grows, and constantly fixed, and that takes a ton of money. a local 4 lane was being redone and they said it was $11 million a mile!

if state revenues drop a lot, you can't suddenly cut the road budget significantly without negative ramifications.